• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2 Psuedo-Clan Thread

Well, the ping seems friendly to Sharkie (UK) as well, maybe we'll have to stick to this server in the future. Good for everyone in this thread!

Unfortunately, that term does violate the ToS. IT's ok, I know you weren't being mean when saying that, lol

Good matches all around! I think we need to practice a little more, but we were running good squads. Perhaps we may have regressed a bit, but we were truly up the creek when we were without a good commander.

Rorschach

WasabiKing said:
Unfortunately, that term does violate the ToS. IT's ok, I know you weren't being mean when saying that, lol

Good matches all around! I think we need to practice a little more, but we were running good squads. Perhaps we may have regressed a bit, but we were truly up the creek when we were without a good commander.
I am a good commander! Give me a heads up next time. ;b

Brits should not be penalized for that term. :\

sharkie

There I was sitting in the server with Harvey and the friggin power went out in my flat for the second day running, it only effects the ground floor and my floor and a restaurant across the street so its really annoying dammit :'(

I'm not about to make an IP exception rule, so let's go with the majority and ban the word, lol.

I'm definitely going to squad lead for one round in the next session, which may sound like Wednesday night/Thursday morning again? Does this sound good to you?

I didn't forget about the roster, I will do that shortly. And who knows, maybe I can abuse my admin powers for something good for the squad...

The Stealth Fox

WasabiKing said:
I'm not about to make an IP exception rule, so let's go with the majority and ban the word, lol.

I'm definitely going to squad lead for one round in the next session, which may sound like Wednesday night/Thursday morning again? Does this sound good to you?

I didn't forget about the roster, I will do that shortly. And who knows, maybe I can abuse my admin powers for something good for the squad...

If it were for the good of the squad, then it wouldn't be termed abuse, would it?

WasabiKing said:

Wed US/Thurs Japan sounds like a good plan, same time as last weeks match? iirc 10am Japan, 2am UK, 6pm PST

marvelharvey said:
Wed US/Thurs Japan sounds like a good plan, same time as last weeks match? iirc 10am Japan, 2am UK, 6pm PST
Yes, although I know I will be a little late due to traffic. Just pick a good server (marvelharvey's choice) and we should give it a go. I would like to squad lead at least in one of the rounds, if that's ok with you all. I think I will be engineer this time, until I get sick of it again...

I'm not about to allow that word, btw, even if it is a term for cigarette.

sharkie

WasabiKing said:
I'm not about to allow that word, btw, even if it is a term for cigarette.

:lol no worries its just a word I've gotten used to socially, and I didn't really protest either :D

Yeah, someone else should be squad leader this time, I don't enjoy holding back and trying to stay alive as much as running into the thick of things and dying.

I guess in my round, I'd like to be a medic since I can stay back, heal, revive, and oh yeah, shoot away... Love that G36. On other rounds, I'll probably be support or engineer.

Round of applause for Sharkie staying up until 5am... and still remaining coherent enough to issue orders. Good work guys, we're slowly getting there.

I think we should bookmark those two servers...

- 24/7 City Maps Band of Brothers (vanilla BF2)

- Clan GI Joe (for Special Forces)

They seem to do us well, Sharkie's an my ping aren't too bad (if we can deal with 0.200). Hopefully see you guys at the weekend.

The Stealth Fox

Sorry guys, got hit with two consecutive exams and a few quizzes this week, and I have 4 consecutive exams next week (summer finals).

I'll probably get around to playing with you guys this weekend...

rc213

Damn it, sounds like im missing some good fun. Having issues with my x1800xt overheating, hopefully be fixed by tonight.

No worries. Wow, squad leader wasn't easy, lol... I was never told where to go with the commander, and I couldn't move fast enough, I suppose. There were a lot of good players on that Band of Brothers server, and the other team was clearly more organized than the freelancing chaos that occurred.

rc213: I usually play outside of the squads since I still have to learn some tactics. If you find me on XFire, don't hesitate to join in.

We should really play SF much more often, so much better. I am still waiting for infantry only, all these tank using pussies will be fish out of water!

sharkie

We did a good job I reckon, we lost one mashtur and two Karkand then we won two Sharqis (Scenic route FTW :lol ) and won the first round of Mashtur flying in the chopper capturing bases and then the second round of Mashtur the server crashed while we were winning making it 3-3 so not too bad :D

With Special Forces we lost the first round and won the second in Ghost town (not the best SF map btw), and considering the other team had 8-10 clan players on there side it was a remarkable achievement imo.

p.s. I know when I'm Squad leader I often bark orders like a dictator :lol

sharkie

marvelharvey said:
Looks like I'll have to miss out on Saturday's game, an actual social life beckons me outside.

I don't blame you if you guys were playing at 11pm saturday UK time I wouldn't be able to play either.

Lonestar said:
If I can get up early, I'm off all weekend! What time/day do you guys play?

Last Saturday game was around 11pm Japan time, 3pm UK time and then whatever that is in the US. Sharkie, if you're online around lunchtime in the UK, we might be able to squeeze a couple of games in before I have to go out.

Yeah, let's run again tomorrow morning. Same time as last week. Harvey, down a few for me, mate.

I actually am glad you bark orders, sharkie.

bigsnack

Okay, I TOTALLY missed the transistion to this thread, sorry! I'll pay more attention and try to be on at scheduled times. It looks like I'll be upgrading my pc in the next 2 weeks or so, so I'll DEFINITELY be on soon.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
ha ha ha...looks like I'll be missing this again. On vacation through the weekend...until the boss called, asking me to help out for a few hours tomorrow morning....

When it rains, it's....wet?

WasabiKing said:
Harvey, down a few for me, mate.
I sure did! Still feeling rather wonky right now.

Anyway, if nobody managed to link up for a game on Saturday, how about the same time sunday? I'll be online from 11pm Japan-time (3pm UK and whatever in the US), maybe for around 3 hours, I'm sure some of you will join in.

Anhyway... coming up to 6am better get some sleep.

marvelharvey said:
I sure did! Still feeling rather wonky right now.

Anyway, if nobody managed to link up for a game on Saturday, how about the same time sunday? I'll be online from 11pm Japan-time (3pm UK and whatever in the US), maybe for around 3 hours, I'm sure some of you will join in.

Anhyway... coming up to 6am better get some sleep.

i'm game! :)

yeah, the update system is bullshit. I swear, if this game wasn't so fun, most people would not put up with one of the most poorly coded games ever.

I'm a quite possible for tomorrow. Go ahead and start. Tre and I were the only guys playing today, but it was good fun since we were just med and support. Two man wrecking crew, lol.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
well, I don't plan on getting called in tomorrow, so I will TRY to be there tomorrow morning. TRY!

rc213

Thanks, It was the Basic Anti-Tank Badge. The full game kick so much ass over the demo, People actually join squads. :lol

OK, game is officially on, myself and Lonestar are on right now. Once Wasabiking and AgentOtaku wake up, hopefully they'll join in... and of course if you're not those two, feel free to join in anyway. :D

rc213 said:
Damn 8AM PST is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early for me, maybe next time.
Well, we were on for 3 hours, so there's was a big window to join in ;)

Wasabi was surprisingly sprightly for such an early time of the morning.

Good game guys, think we've finally gelled as a good squad, especially in that one game when we were 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the leaderboard!

Yeah, we played REALLY well this morning. Amazingly well. Sharkie, being the pro that he is, directed us well. And I don't know why, but I have the best luck on Wake Island. I seem to hit people in the right spots. I just need unlock a few more guns and I'll be set. PKM NOISEMAKER!

I will go ahead and update the squad list right now, and the official BF2S scoreboard.

WasabiKing, might want to update the first post to include the gaf and bf2 names...

GAF name - Battlefield name
Sharkie = TruLoki666 (and Fel188 - I think)
MarvelHarvey = MarvelHarvey
Rorschach = Rorschach
Teknopathetic = TreDay
TheStealthFox = ahmedqman
WasabiKing = Wsbiking
Lonestar = LonestarGA
bigsnack = bigsnack
AgentOtaku = AgentOtaku
?? = iceDragon7
DenogginizerOS= DenogginizerOS
WhiteMan = ChavHooligan

(can't remember who iceDragon7 is, please speak up!)
(also I suck at formatting)

Anyway, next Official NeoGAF game will be Wednesday 6pm PST (which is 2am Thursday morning for the UK and 10am for me in Japan).

On another note, I think we should make 'Band Of Brothers' our server of choice, infact I'm starting to use it more than the Japanese servers (just because I can communicate better/faster/slightly). So you'll usually find me on there, even on an unofficial gaf day.

Top Bottom