• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2 Psuedo-Clan Thread

Wes

venison crêpe
What are the times for the next match up as I'll come along for a game!

Are you guys playing now?!

Last weeks midweek game, I was in the purgatory of checking in/out between two different hotels. Sitting in the lobby with my luggage, knowing that all you guys were having fun made it hell

This week, I'll be on a plane, so I'll see you guys at the weekend (when I'll be on Sharkie time in the UK)

sharkie

marvelharvey said:
This week, I'll be on a plane, so I'll see you guys at the weekend (when I'll be on Sharkie time in the UK)

Hells yes now we can both at least have a ping of 100 rather then the excruciating 170-200 that we normally get :D yeh baby the pearly whites are on display alright, and welcome back home Harvey hope you have a safe journey mate

sharkie said:
Hells yes now we can both at least have a ping of 100 rather then the excruciating 170-200 that we normally get :D yeh baby the pearly whites are on display alright, and welcome back home Harvey hope you have a safe journey mate
Ditto! Please be safe, harvey! We'll have to make this weekend game extra special.

We usually play with vanilla, SF will be for special occasions.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Hey, I (obviously) didn't know this thread exists. I failed (at reading comprehension) to see this earlier. I would love (to read better) to participate. I will patch up (my reading skills) my BF2 when I get home tonight.

Wes

venison crêpe
Cheers for the game GAF. Was fun! Especially that first map where we came from behind and managed to win by killing them all :D

bigsnack

Shoot, I got home about 7:15 last night and immediately went on xfire and didn't see any of you on. Are you guys logging onto xfire when you play, or just teamspeak?

rc213

I log into Teamspeak and xfire when I play Battlefield 2 online. (xfire: rc213)

EA announces that beta testing of Battlefield 2142 will open up to another 10,000 testers tomorrow, with a paid subscription no longer required to test DICE's coming shooter sequel, though a free registration is:

The Battlefield 2142 public beta period has been extended until Tuesday, September 12. In addition, due to the overwhelming response to the beta, DICE and EA have opened 10,000 new slots to the public.

The 10,000 new slots are available on a first-come, first-served basis starting Friday, September 8th at 10am PST. A free GameSpy ID is required to participate.

For anyone that wants to test BF2142 grab a beta key tommorow morning.

WasabiKing said:
dual prong attack!

Looking at all the posters in this thread and the fact that 1.4 is finally out, I think we'll be having a dual prong attack this weekend! Now that I'm on UK time, we could play a little later on Sunday, so that Otaku and Wasabi can have a lie in... how's 12pm PST / 8pm GMT for people?

By the way, there was a chinese guy next to me on the plane who was coughing, spluttering , sweating and shivering for the whole journey back, so I guess I have asian bird flu... if I'm not dead on Sunday, I'll see you all then!

rc213 said:
I log into Teamspeak and xfire when I play Battlefield 2 online. (xfire: rc213)

For anyone that wants to test BF2142 grab a beta key tommorow morning.

motherbitch!

I'm going to be at work and I know Gamespy is blocked!!!

Anyone wanna someone grab me a key?

ManaByte

I just got Special Forces and am patching to 1.4 right now.

If people are playing tomorrow, I'm in.

BF2 name is ManaByte

ManaByte

Anyone else have a problem with their profile not updating? I've gotten two promotions and three awards today and it doesn't update at all.

rc213

Promotions dont register until you log in the next time, so just startup BF2 again and it should be the first thing to come up after you login. If you dont have Special Forces have someone you can trust play a round on their pc with your account and you will get 2 Unlocks per Promotion instead of 1. :D

ManaByte

rc213 said:
Promotions dont register until you log in the next time, so just startup BF2 again and it should be the first thing to come up after you login. If you dont have Special Forces have someone you can trust play a round on their pc with your account and you will get 2 Unlocks per Promotion instead of 1. :D

I've logged in about 3 different times since I got the promotions/awards and it STILL won't update. It doesn't even update my last play time. It keeps showing 6/2005 as last match played!

rc213

If they dont show up on BFHQ within the game then it might be that the server is down. Check on bf2s.com or bf2player.com

ManaByte

rc213 said:
If they dont show up on BFHQ within the game then it might be that the server is down. Check on bf2s.com or bf2player.com

Nope. Not update there either. I get one kill, get a promotion. And I keep getting the same damn rewards over and over because the ****ing thing isn't saving. This is seriously pissing me off because it's been like this ever since I patched to 1.4.

http://bf2s.com/player/6363487/

Still shows 6/2005 as the last battle and I've been playing all day.

rc213

ManaByte said:
Nope. Not update there either. I get one kill, get a promotion. And I keep getting the same damn rewards over and over because the ****ing thing isn't saving. This is seriously pissing me off because it's been like this ever since I patched to 1.4.

http://bf2s.com/player/6363487/

Still shows 6/2005 as the last battle and I've been playing all day.

Make sure your playing on ranked servers, otherwise just give it time. I've had it take like 3hrs before a update was recorded although I think they should be showing in BFHQ within the game as soon as a round ends.

ManaByte

rc213 said:
Make sure your playing on ranked servers, otherwise just give it time. I've had it take like 3hrs before a update was recorded although I think they should be showing in BFHQ within the game as soon as a round ends.

Yea bf2s is showing next update: 13266th now

rc213

Something is defenitely wrong, I found a stats page that update your stats 10mins ago and it still shows your last time played sometime last year. Make sure the Ranked Box is checked in the Server List options. =\

ManaByte

rc213 said:
Something is defenitely wrong, I found a stats page that update your stats 10mins ago and it still shows your last time played sometime last year. Make sure the Ranked Box is checked in the Server List options. =\

It always is marked Ranked.

I get the promotion and awards, but it doesn't seem to save or something.

teepo

don't worry about it manabyte, the problem will fix itself and you wont lose any of your achievements. it's common.

ManaByte

teepo said:
don't worry about it manabyte, the problem will fix itself and you wont lose any of your achievements. it's common.

So I just have to keep getting the same stupid achievements OVER AND OVER AND OVER?

This has been going on all day. I just played another match and it still won't save.

ManaByte

screen000ix2.jpg

screen001tj5.jpg

screen002qb7.jpg

I'm getting them, it just doesn't save. This really sucks since I can't get any unlocks and am always stuck at the newbie level.

rc213

I just finished playing for like an hour about 10mins ago. It didnt add any points to my stats in BFHQ, so I would say it's something server side and not you.

Alright, we're getting ready to roll. Remember, TeamSpeak is best to use since you can hear us bark commands. We have XFire up, so just join in. All details are in the first post!

EDIT: Searching for a new server!

Top Bottom