• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Ezduo

Banned
I don't see how they could do anything to your account. Couldn't you just feign ignorance? I'm sure someone without much knowledge of the situation could just think "oh look, a new map has been added."

Qatar

Ugh !!! I cannot join any server from the browser, I keep getting "joining server" and not a damn thing happens

what am I missing here? Why are you guys worried about getting banned? Can't you just create a new origin account since the beta is open and play all the illegal servers guilt free...

Makoto

Ezduo said:
I don't see how they could do anything to your account. Couldn't you just feign ignorance? I'm sure someone without much knowledge of the situation could just think "oh look, a new map has been added."
It's not a matter of what EA can do to your account. zh1nt0 is implying that entering a server from a non-approved ISP won't guarantee your account will be secure.

VibratingDonkey said:
Oh whee, all kinds of weird servers going on. Can't find no Caspian though. :(

Just joined a 64 player rush map, so nope, not all gone. Also whatever this is

JK8n1.jpg

LQX

Bah, I come to the conclusion the reason I do not like OpMetro much is because I cant get myself to play it any other way besides like COD game where I'm just trying to run and gun which does not work well for me.

As long time BF fan that mainly played it trying to cap bases and jumping into vehicles I just can't get into it at all. I dont even like this setting timer business.

vidal said:
It's not a matter of what EA can do to your account. zh1nt0 is implying that entering a server from a non-approved ISP won't guarantee your account will be secure.

And this is why you don't make it browser based. What will DICE do after the release of the game? Fucking stupid.

This is EA. This is the same company that banned people from playing Dragon Age 2 (a single-player only game) for getting banned on their forums.

It's a valid concern.

desu

shagg_187 said:
And this is why you don't make it browser based. What will DICE do after the release of the game? Fucking stupid.

When I saw battlelog for the first time, I thought of how many hacks this would make possible. I am surprised it has taken this long. I also cannot wait for the final and how the game will be messed up with every new hack :D.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
LQX said:
Bah, I come to the conclusion the reason I do not like OpMetro much is because I cant get myself to play it any other way besides like COD game where I'm just trying to run and gun which does not work well for me.

As long time BF fan that mainly played it trying to cap bases and jumping into vehicles I just can't get into it at all. I dont even like this setting timer business.
I finally redid my entire playstyle for the first part of the map and finally found a way to have fun.

Remember that scene in Aliens where they're all holed up in the room, then Hicks looks at his sensor and goes "They're in the room!!!"?

Essentially, your goal is to be the aliens, but instead of crawling through air vents, you sneak up the entire map in the bushes on the left and then take out a bunch of people from behind, arm the point, and they pretty much are screwed.

You can also just shoot at people as you're sneaking up as well, since chances are high you will notice a lot.

redhot_

Ok so, either the hit boxes or w/e you call them are still screwed up, or these shotguns are broken, idk how many times iv shot dudes pretty close to point blank and sometimes they drop in 1 blast, sometimes it takes 3-4. Ugh the frustration!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Played some matches (PS3):
+ Looks great. (But im not a GFX 'easy lady' so yeah..)
- Dat bugs
- Boogs
- Flashlight blinding you in the middle of day... from 20 meters away!
- Wonky damage model (Demize confirmed that a couple of bugs are the reason)
+ BEST FPS GAMEPLAY EVERRR!!111!
+ Godlike sound
+ Fast hit detection
+ Micro destruction

DAY ONE!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Nirolak said:
I finally redid my entire playstyle for the first part of the map and finally found a way to have fun.

Remember that scene in Aliens where they're all holed up in the room, then Hicks looks at his sensor and goes "They're in the room!!!"?

Essentially, your goal is to be the aliens, but instead of crawling through air vents, you sneak up the entire map in the bushes on the left and then take out a bunch of people from behind, arm the point, and they pretty much are screwed.

You can also just shoot at people as you're sneaking up as well, since chances are high you will notice a lot.
The bushes are really key to the first 2 mcom points. As you said the bush / rock combo on the far left to a is a good place to crawl. There's always a few floating around there but if you take the bush on the right and slowly crawl, you can take those guys out and move to the left.

For b I've found the bush to the left and just in front of it to be good cover for sneaking up. There's also just run towards it and hide behind the green wall to the right. Gives you a good view of the mcom when people are trying to disarm it since they usually come from the spawn area and rarely from the right side.

vidal said:
Shame they'll find a way to make this impossible. Being able to set up your own server and run dumb server side mods is cool.
Of course it's kind of fucked to have officially sanctioned servers and random ones all mixed together, as is currently the case.

Do we know if the Conquest 64 version of Metro is in the beta files? I'd be interested in seeing what that's like.
Oh there they are! :D

God bless PC gaming.

iam220

BigNastyCurve said:
So why is it a 'privilege', then, to play the game? Dice is benefiting.

You're under no obligation to report any bugs, and your involvement in the beta is completely voluntary. So yeah, it's a privilege.

Legato.Reborn- said:
http://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/120182322803900416

FUCK ME FUCK ME OH SHIT OH SHIT FUCK FUCK

What will they do? Seriously. Lots and lots of people have seen the servers and joined them repeatedly without knowing anything about if it was even meant to be included in the beta. Anyway even if they would start banning crazily, good thing my EA account got nothing on it except bad company 2.

LordCanti

Legato.Reborn- said:

Let me get this straight; There are unofficial Caspian servers now, and they may steal your account?

Brilliant idea to make it browser based EA.

I see at least three or four people on my list that are in these custom servers. You people are brave.

MNC

I read it as server hosts being able to read account info or something, not DICE taking a banhammer on us.

MrBig said:
Wanted to see how the game worked on my 360 and since they said theres a free gold weekend starting today, but that doesn't appear to be in effect since I can't download the game. Is anyone else having this problem?
free gold weekends are just for online play, you need gold to download demos on release, silver gets them a week later. you could always just download it elsewhere and jump thru a hoop or two to get it playable on your Xbox 360 if you have a USB drive that has 2GB free.

charsace

I must be in the minority in that I love how lights can effect people in this game. Its a double edged sword. For example the flash light can blind your opponent up close, but from mid range or greater it makes you an easy target because it gives your position away.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Fersis said:
Played some matches (PS3):
+ Looks great. (But im not a GFX 'easy lady' so yeah..)
- Dat bugs
- Boogs
- Flashlight blinding you in the middle of day... from 20 meters away!
- Wonky damage model (Demize confirmed that a couple of bugs are the reason)
+ BEST FPS GAMEPLAY EVERRR!!111!
+ Godlike sound
+ Fast hit detection
+ Micro destruction

DAY ONE!

Pretty much.

Wish Guerrilla could collaborate with DICE and release a BF3 Killzone-themed DLC. And add Move support while they are at it. :p

Killzone 4 right there. :D

djm

charsace said:
I must be in the minority in that I love how lights can effect people in this game. Its a double edged sword. For example the flash light can blind your opponent up close, but from mid range or greater it makes you an easy target because it gives your position away.
I think it's a cool idea too, but I think the effective range needs some tweaking.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
charsace said:
Or you just turn it off. It's OP and needs to be toned down.

BatmanBatmanBatman said:
Squad death match works pefectly too. Except that the kill limit is so short the map is like 5 min before it's finished.
well, it's *SUPPOSED* to be 4 vs 4, and in BC2 it's 20 tickets, lasts maybe 10 minutes.

Legato.Reborn- said:

Dear EA: Your problem, not mine. Instead of warning us, remove the bullshit or make it more secure. If my account gets compromised, I'll see you in hell.

I H8 Memes said:
I like how they put rush in all caps.

I'll repeat: EA's problem, not mine. Take down the servers. Lack of information elsewhere is not my problem. Update battlelog and mention that join Official servers only, or take the whole system down and deal with it.

IMACOMPUTA

This beta has been such a pile of shit for me. I can't even get the ps3 version to work. I join a game and just get the black screen with the beta logo in the top right corner. I can hear the game but it never fully loads up.

:/

desu

Nabs said:

So everyone is supposed to check the forums for some thread that might be important? Also all the people that dont visit the english forums are fucked as well!?

I like how they are saying that this can get your account banned and that we all have been warned now. Like fuck, what are they smoking :|?

Why haven they put up the message somewhere where everyone can see it? Like when the servers were restarting they had it at the top of the battlelog, always, there was no chance of not seeing it.

Man DICE/EA handling of everything in this beta is just plain horrible, they make themself look like amateurs :|.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The beta seems to be a bit steadier on PS3 for me today. I'm runnin into a lot fewer glitches, at least. The AEK-971 is a beast.

Makoto

Stallion Free said:
The passworded servers were a complete joke.
Well, besides using this as evidence because I'm not at all convinced that they truly were trying to keep these a secret from the public.

"Hey guys! We control battlelog and which servers are made available. We also control the ability to warn people directly over at battlelog to not join the servers. Not only that but we control the ability to ban people. Sadly, we won't ban those that are hosting these hacked servers; instead we will ban the users that will join them cause there is no way in telling which one are officially EA sanctioned servers and which ones aren't... we can tell, you can't. Tough luck.

Signed, EA and DICE.

P.S. This message will only be posted in a thread in a forum that people might or might not see. Spread the word! Or not! We don't care!"

Top Bottom