• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

ziadoz

Neo Member
excaliburps said:
Also, is it just me or do the US and Russian player skins look a little too similar? I sometimes get confused! The fact that I'm color blind and the names are in RED and ORANGE don't help either.

It's not just you. I'm colour blind and I have the exact same problem. I wish more games would have colour blind options. They had an option in Black Ops and it worked pretty well.

raphier

Banned
Just played a round of rush on a hacked server. Was without infinite ammo, but about 100 players. was actually really fun.

Chinner said:
dice.jpg

They need to fire this guy, he's a fucking disgrace and he's always treating the community like we're a bunch of red-headed stepchildren, except for the 'valuable' contributors that he thinks are so special, and gives stuff like Caspian Borders passwords to.

Your open beta is a privilege? We, as consumers, giving you our money is a privilege. Douchebag.

"I'M IN SUCH A BAD MOOD, I CAN'T EVEN READ THE FORUMS! IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU FUCKERS WHO WANT TO PLAY OUR BETA AND BUY OUR GAME! FUCKIN RUININ MY MOOD N SHIT"

excaliburps said:
Also, is it just me or do the US and Russian player skins look a little too similar? I sometimes get confused! The fact that I'm color blind and the names are in RED and ORANGE don't help either.
When the no nametag bug happens I have to guesstimate if I'm looking at an enemy or not by checking the minimap and which way the guy was running.

So no, it's not just you. I think RU camo tends to be a little darker then US camo, but not enough to where it's easy to distinguish between the two.

aeiko

Banned
BoobPhysics101 said:
They need to fire this guy, he's a fucking disgrace and he's always treating the community like we're a bunch of red-headed stepchildren, except for the 'valuable' contributors that he thinks are so special, and gives stuff like Caspian Borders passwords to.

Your open beta is a privilege? We, as consumers, giving you our money is a privilege. Douchebag.

"I'M IN SUCH A BAD MOOD, I CAN'T EVEN READ THE FORUMS! IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU FUCKERS WHO WANT TO PLAY OUR BETA AND BUY OUR GAME! FUCKIN RUININ MY MOOD N SHIT"

im gonna register just to tell him to STFU

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
ziadoz said:
It's not just you. I'm colour blind and I have the exact same problem. I wish more games would have colour blind options. They had an option in Black Ops and it worked pretty well.

VibratingDonkey said:
When the no nametag bug happens I have to guesstimate if I'm looking at an enemy or not by checking the minimap and which way the guy was running.

So no, it's not just you. I think RU camo tends to be a little darker then US camo, but not enough to where it's easy to distinguish between the two.

Very glad to hear it's not just me! For some reason, I didn't have this problem in BC2. :)

Even just changing the color of the names of friendlies/enemies would be very helpful. Heck, even spotting seems harder to see now. I mean the triangles are a bit too light colored for me that I don't know if I've spotted someone sometimes.

BoobPhysics101 said:

Not meaning to be a prick, but we are lucky now if a game has a demo. Here, we get unlimited access as long as the servers and whatnot stay working. What is the problem?

iam220

BoobPhysics101 said:

Sounds like he wants to encourage a constructive criticism/praise instead of outburst and judging a game by a single mode, a single map and a buggy build.

People are saying that this beta is a glorified demo meant to attract people to buy BF3? Seriously? Someone actually thinks that dice released the game in this state to try and pull in the people still on the fence? I don't think so. Pretty sure it's an actaul BETA the purpose of which, like most betas, is to squash any bugs and improve on gameplay imbalances.

I can totally relate to what this guy saying.

Ramirez

I really hope the squad issues are worked out in retail, along with the other graphical glitches. We tried to play 4 games last night (360), and it would either freeze my Xbox, put us on seperate teams, or just be unplayable due to falling through the earth, or randomly booting one of us out. I understand it's a beta, but it's a month away from release and it feels really unpolished. =\

BoobPhysics101 said:

I think he handled it like a boss. I've been having the same outlook, honestly. People bitching about the beta need to take a step back and realize they are doing us a favor by releasing an open beta. It's not like they had to, and it's not like we paid for it. I bitch about bugs in the beta but at least I understand it's a beta build and it's not like it's my right for them to release patches and make sure the it's 100% functional as a retail game should be. Hence the term "beta build."

Then again I'm not familiar with his other posts so maybe he is a douche who needs to be fired. But I wouldn't based on that post.

desu

vidal said:
Protip: On the first section of Metro, you can shoot through the rocks. For some reason, many players still aren't aware of this but I got a nice MVP ribbon for it.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/412139/1/192675894/

I dont think its intended that way, pretty lame.

MisterAnderson said:
I think he handled it like a boss. I've been having the same outlook, honestly. People bitching about the beta need to take a step back and realize they are doing us a favor by releasing an open beta. It's not like they had to, and it's not like we paid for it. I bitch about bugs in the beta but at least I understand it's a beta build and it's not like it's my right for them to release patches and make sure the it's 100% functional as a retail game should be. Hence the term "beta build."

MOH buyers want to have a word with you ;).

BPK

Played it on ps3...yuk. Give me BC 2 any day.

Yes it's a beta...but we're also three weeks from release. Console versions suck.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Does anyone feel like this is a great beta for mw3? Everyone just sprints, Prones, crawls through and hides in bushes, it's usually run and gun unless people have a fondness for the bushes.

I'm enjoying it but this doesn't feel like battlefield. There's more mayhem going on than a cod game but the feel and flow of metro just reminds me of cod.

The audio and visual stuff going on when there's a firefight in just fantastic. Shit blowing up all over the place it does keep you alert. Thats probably my favorite part so far, apart from head shoting snipers with my shotgun.

goddam getting into a game with a squad is a nightmare on 360. someone will:
a)not be able to connect
b)be put on the opposite team
c)be put into another squad with no way to manage/get everyone into the same group

half the time going back to the menu to get them ingame results in invites not going through so you have to goto the dashboard and reload the game. it is quite fun if you can get in game though(only managed to do so with one other person at a time so far).

iam220 said:
Sounds like he wants to encourage a constructive criticism/praise instead of outburst and judging a game by a single mode, a single map and a buggy build.

People are saying that this beta is a glorified demo meant to attract people to buy BF3? Seriously? Someone actually thinks that dice released the game in this state to try and pull in the people still on the fence? I don't think so. Pretty sure it's an actaul BETA the purpose of which, like most betas, is to squash any bugs and improve on gameplay imbalances.

That post right there has nothing to do with the quality of the beta, it was before it was even released (20 september), it was because of people raging about them giving us metro rush again.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
evlcookie said:
Does anyone feel like this is a great beta for mw3? Everyone just sprints, Prones, crawls through and hides in bushes, it's usually run and gun unless people have a fondness for the bushes.

I'm enjoying it but this doesn't feel like battlefield. There's more mayhem going on than a cod game but the feel and flow of metro just reminds me of cod.

The audio and visual stuff going on when there's a firefight in just fantastic. Shit blowing up all over the place it does keep you alert. Thats probably my favorite part so far, apart from head shoting snipers with my shotgun.
Homefront reminds me of CoD. BF3 is kind of its own thing.

Ezduo

Banned
Half my games don't start properly anymore. I just get a black screen but if I click where the deploy button is it brings me ingame without a hud or any way to check the scores.

Alex

They probably want genuine feedback and responses and are getting angry, hate filled hyperbole instead. People tend to just rail on the developers instead of providing any real thoughts on the game betas as of late. I mean I don't care for the game thus far myself, it feels more like we're heading further down the Bad Company line (although I kind of liked the original) than a real follow up to Battlefield 2.

Still, that's their choice and while it might bug me it's certainly no reason to go on their forums and open up a can of psychopath. Really, these people can be animals on gaming boards. Even when you're thick skinned and trained it can be rough to absorb so much punishment.

Deadstar

BoobPhysics101 said:

What's funny is that a DEMO would be a privilege, because they don't have to make one. A BETA is a broken game with bugs to be found. That's why it's called a beta. You have people test the game and give you feedback including on crashes or bugs.

Alex, I'm wondering, why do you say it's more like Bad Company 2 than Battlefield 2? This disappoints me.

mr_nothin

Banned
Deadstar said:
What's funny is that a DEMO would be a privilege, because they don't have to make one. A BETA is a broken game with bugs to be found. That's why it's called a beta. You have people test the game and give you feedback including on crashes or bugs.

Alex, I'm wondering, why do you say it's more like Bad Company 2 than Battlefield 2? This disappoints me.
Whether it benefits them also or not...it's still a privilege. Sex benefits both partners (sometimes) and it's still considered a benefit.

BoobPhysics101 said:

What a douche. Completely unprofessional. I consider Blizzard reps top-notch in this regard - they never piss on people, even people who are being dicks. This guy is an ass-clown.

Angry Fork

Ice Raven said:
this is war. the more the marrier.
can you imagine 128 player servers on caspian?
homer-drool.gif
Joint Operations had these kinds of numbers (I think up to something like 200 people per room). It was amazing.

iam220 said:

So why is it a 'privilege', then, to play the game? Dice is benefiting.

Ezduo

Banned
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Can you record any footage from it?
There's nothing to see. Metro is still a shitty map and with that many players it basically becomes one giant camp fest. People just pick a spot, go prone, and sit there the entire game. Last game, my team controlled the area right before the final M-Comm stations and the other guys controlled the escalators and ticket booth, everyone was hold up in their little area shooting randomly at the other side and no one could take two steps into the open without getting mowed down.

MrBig

Wanted to see how the game worked on my 360 and since they said theres a free gold weekend starting today, but that doesn't appear to be in effect since I can't download the game. Is anyone else having this problem?

MrBig said:
Wanted to see how the game worked on my 360 and since they said theres a free gold weekend starting today, but that doesn't appear to be in effect since I can't download the game. Is anyone else having this problem?

Aren't Free Gold weekends just for Online Play? You don't get to download Gold Exclusive stuff :/

Makoto

shagg_187 said:
What did they remove Caspian Border in the first place?
Because they want to set the record for most backward things a developer can do to sabotage all hype for their game.

Top Bottom