• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

TheJerit

ColonialRaptor said:
Anyone else playing with Crossfire having pretty horrible flickering while outside?

it was just mentioned that the latest ati drivers were not what they should have been. they are rectifying the situation. are you playing on those 11.10 drivers?

TheJerit

alright gaf, who's going to be the one throwing up a stream for us to check out while we're at work? i know smokey has a pretty boss rig, but whoever, it doesn't matter...

Smokey

TheJerit said:
alright gaf, who's going to be the one throwing up a stream for us to check out while we're at work? i know smokey has a pretty boss rig, but whoever, it doesn't matter...

I'm at work too :/

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Is the beta on PS3 sharable?

It probably is, but can you also play together with the person you shared the beta with it? Or can only one person play on the same time? Or do you even get a strange lock-out?

Got my key, followed the readme in the torrent. It tried to download the game again.

In the readme, where it says to make this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3 Beta Trial\

Create this instead:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3 Open Beta\

It worked for me.

alba

Little is the new Big
Joined GAF Platoon, now I just need to wait for my shitty internet to finish the download and I'll be playing with you guys tonight! :]

Yaska

CyReN said:
Has anybody gotten the beta code through Medal Of Honor even?

Been in EA chat waiting for 35 minutes..
I got key through the steam version. ( Yes I actually got 2 keys xD (also my friends jumped on me and used the spare key when we found out, so sorry))

PatzCU

Got my key!!! But as with most others, I am at work until about 9:00PM tonight. Going to be a lonnnnnnnng day...

My #1 goal is to see how well my 5770 runs this @ 1680. If it struggles, it's off to Microcenter for a 570 before that coupon expires.

Some things I've noticed.

- Balance is far more in favour of attackers now, however I believe it's much more fairly balanced than before and I think I like it much more.
- Love the ragged edges of the Rubber around the Russians 4x Scope on the AK
- I feel like the LMG's are OP, Support Class is an absolute killing machine, totally owned by playing that class so far, my new fave.
- I think I like the new Mcom positioning, it works better, however I don't like the new positioning in section 3, it's too easy for attackers
- The game feels incredibly good, there's just something about it that feels 'special' I don't know what it is, but it just feels so right, I think it's the amount of hits that it takes to put someone down, sometimes it feels like I go down in one shot though and that feels really weird
- Noticed a lot of upgrades to the interface and weapon upgrade system (like the under barrel rack mount which is awesome, also noticed there will be under-slung grenade launchers)
- THIS page is very cool
- As is having access to THIS every time you play a match
- As is THIS
- I simply cannot wait to play more of the different levels, it's awesome to have access to the Beta and all, but I feel like I've played so much Operation Metro in the Alpha that it's not that new, it's really cool to see how far the game has come since then, the improvement / different is like WOW, and the feature adjustment is incredibly in depth... pure awesome
- You can adjust the position of the on screen items on the Video Display screen
- You can't seem to assign 'Melee' to Mouse 3 Button (well I can't)
- I have pretty serious Crossfire Flicker while playing, I'm going to try and find a way to fix it using Radeon Pro tomorrow.
- Servers are getting hammered and are PACKED!!

That's all for now.

TheJerit said:
it was just mentioned that the latest ati drivers were not what they should have been. they are rectifying the situation. are you playing on those 11.10 drivers?

Yep, indeed, but I don't know if this is talking about the ones that I've got or not. I think they're talking about the problem download ones, I got the full ones that could be downloaded properly.

mr_nothin

Banned
ColonialRaptor said:

- Balance is far more in favour of attackers now, however I believe it's much more fairly balanced than before and I think I like it much more.
- I feel like the LMG's are OP, Support Class is an absolute killing machine, totally owned by playing that class so far, my new fave.
- I think I like the new Mcom positioning, it works better, however I don't like the new positioning in section 3, it's too easy for attackers
- The game feels incredibly good, there's just something about it that feels 'special' I don't know what it is, but it just feels so right, I think it's the amount of hits that it takes to put someone down, sometimes it feels like I go down in one shot though and that feels really weird
- Noticed a lot of upgrades to the interface and weapon upgrade system (like the under barrel rack mount which is awesome, also noticed there will be under-slung grenade launchers)
- THIS page is very cool
- As is THIS
- I simply cannot wait to play more of the different levels, it's awesome to have access to the Beta and all, but I feel like I've played so much Operation Metro in the Alpha that it's not that new, it's really cool to see how far the game has come since then, the improvement / different is like WOW, and the feature adjustment is incredibly in depth... pure awesome
- You can adjust the position of the on screen items on the Video Display screen
- I have pretty serious Crossfire Flicker while playing, I'm going to try and find a way to fix it using Radeon Pro tomorrow.

That's all for now.
Is full squad spawning messing with you at all any?

goodfella

ColonialRaptor said:

- THIS page is very cool
- As is THIS

That's all for now.

Interesting read, thanks.

woober

I played the game maxed out everything Ultra and got 27-30 fps on a i7 2600k with a 6950. Everything is on stock. I'm going to overclock everything and see what kind of performance boost I get.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Wthermans said:
Well if EA would actually open their support page again, I might be able to get some help.

with how much of a disaster this has been if you play your cards right should be able to get a key out of them

LordCanti

Just got my key. Downloading now. Going to play alllllll day (or until I get too nauseous, because I've got food poisoning or something. FML)

belvedere

Junior Butler
ColonialRaptor said:

- THIS page is very cool
- As is THIS

That's all for now.

Does it feel more optimized/run better than Alpha?

Thanks for the impressions, btw.

TheJerit

Smokey said:
I'm at work too :/

nigguh-friday-o.gif

mr_nothin

Banned
LordCanti said:
Just got my key. Downloading now. Going to play alllllll day (or until I get too nauseous, because I've got food poisoning or something. FML)
Im like the only person from the alpha crew that hasnt gotten a key yet! lol

Sethos

Banned
Within the first 3 minutes of the game I already discovered a bug from the Alpha, where you have to switch weapons to get the ironsight working. Doesn't bode well.

Smokey

woober said:
I played the game maxed out everything Ultra and got 27-30 fps on a i7 2600k with a 6950. Everything is on stock. I'm going to overclock everything and see what kind of performance boost I get.
What res? 1080p? I had avg of 45 yesterday on a 580 ultra everything as well.

Top Bottom