• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

KoruptData said:

i_hug_that_feel.png

LordCanti

mr_nothin said:
Im like the only person from the alpha crew that hasnt gotten a key yet! lol

Mine just showed up. I checked maybe 20 minutes ago and it wasn't there. I'm sure you'll get to play more than me today, because I'm sick as a dog. :p

ColonialRaptor said:
Yep, indeed, but I don't know if this is talking about the ones that I've got or not. I think they're talking about the problem download ones, I got the full ones that could be downloaded properly.

What do you mean when you say you can move "menu items" around the screen?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
How about a code begging thread huh? Cuz i would love a PS3 code :3

Smokey

Sethos said:
Within the first 3 minutes of the game I already discovered a bug from the Alpha, where you have to switch weapons to get the ironsight working. Doesn't bode well.
Got that too. Beta though so u have to accept some stuff like that to happen.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Just got my code. Way to go, you EA assholes. Was hoping I'd get the code before leaving for work so I could download the damn beta and have it ready when I return home later today. But no, I get the code just as I arrive to work.

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS, MOTHERFUCKERS

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
everything ultra at 2560x1440 except :

- Hbao disabled ( though when I enabled HBAO I didn't notice a performance hit )
- AA set to 2x msaa
- AA post off.

70-100 fps on starting area outside, with relatively few people.

560 tis@ 985mhz
2600k@4.5

according to taskmanager : all cores and threads were seemed to be activated and hovering around 50-60%

belvedere

Junior Butler
MrOogieBoogie said:
Just got my code. Way to go, you EA assholes. Was hoping I'd get the code before leaving for work so I could download the damn beta and have it ready when I return home later today. But no, I get the code just as I arrive to work.

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS, MOTHERFUCKERS

VNC/RDP man. Started my download remotely haha

Wthermans

Banned
Rygar 8 Bit said:
with how much of a disaster this has been if you play your cards right should be able to get a key out of them
If they have any sort of ethics, they should give me a key as soon as they see the order confirmation email they sent to me that's dated 09/25.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Also, anyone who gets a chance to run the game on a GTX 460 or a Radeon HD 6850, please report back with benchmark results. Thanks.

belvedere said:
Does it feel more optimized/run better than Alpha?

Thanks for the impressions, btw.

Absolutely! I have the graphics maxed out, like absolutely maxed Ultra with 4xAA all top highest settings and I'm running at 2560x1440 and it looks glorious! I don't know if it could look better because I'm still getting a bit disturbed by the flickering, but whatever Anti Aliasing technology they are using is just brilliant, the image is so clean. In the subway area I'm getting 120fps+ and that's at 2560!!! Outside my minimum frame rate is about 55fps, which I am incredibly stoked about.

Everything is moving and alive, the leaves, the dynamic shadows, the lighting, the textures are all crisp... now my system is pretty powerful because I'm running a 6990 + a 6950 unlocked but I doubt many people will be running anything but 1920x1080 and to be honest, I think it's going to be a lot easier to achieve 1920x1080 at high and ultra settings than people originally believed.

BUT, don't get me wrong, it still feels like a beta, it still crashes out of the game every now and then, and it's definitely not the final game, but it's come so far from the alpha and it's absolutely noticeable.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Kingsora said:
Is the beta on PS3 sharable?

It probably is, but can you also play together with the person you shared the beta with it? Or can only one person play on the same time? Or do you even get a strange lock-out?
Anyone?

manhack

Just got my pre-order beta key email.

I already downloaded with my MoH Steam key though.

Therefore, first person to quote me gets a beta early access key.

MiloFoxburr got it!

mr_nothin

Banned
manhack said:

me
Edit:
omg, i missed the quote button like 5 times! !@$JLK!@J$L!J$@

manhack said:

yes. ffuuuuuuuuuuu had to wait since i just posted...

Corky said:
everything ultra at 2560x1440 except :

- Hbao disabled ( though when I enabled HBAO I didn't notice a performance hit )
- AA set to 2x msaa
- AA post off.

70-100 fps on starting area outside, with relatively few people.

560 tis@ 985mhz
2600k@4.5

according to taskmanager : all cores and threads were seemed to be activated and hovering around 50-60%

Why did you turn AA post off?

Just got my key about 30 mins ago. PC, preordered on Origin about a week ago.

Downloading now... Is there a GAF server or group I can join? Didn't see any details in the OP.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Wthermans said:
If they have any sort of ethics, they should give me a key as soon as they see the order confirmation email they sent to me that's dated 09/25.

hope so man everyone and there mom at this point should get a code this incompetence is staggering gabe is laughing somewhere right now

Top Bottom