• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Alright peeps, I'm at work, so you'll have to be my eyes and ears. If you notice anything in particular about unlocks or how gadgets work from this stream, lemme know and I'll update the weapons/unlock listing.

LordCanti

You have earned:

EYESIGHT BLOCKING RIBBON
CONGRATULATIONS

That's got to change.

vidal said:
Damage still seems pretty high for non-HC, at least a bit higher than BC2.

Seems a little less than the alpha to me, but still right in the range I like it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
LordCanti said:
You have earned:

EYESIGHT BLOCKING RIBBON
CONGRATULATIONS

That's got to change.

Seems a little less than the alpha to me, but still right in the range I like it.
Does it still say Combat Efficenty Ribbon?

nitric0

DSN2K said:
Im going to guess my settings of choice already....

RES : 1080p
Textures : HIGH
Shadows : MEDIUM
EFFECTS : ULTRA
MESH : MEDIUM
TERRAIN : MEDIUM
TERRAIN DECORATION : MEDIUM
AA DEF : 2XMSAA
AA POST MEDIUM
MOTION BLUR : OFF
AF : 16x
AMBIENT OCCLUSIONS : OFF
Specs?

I'm running a Phenom IIX4 @ 4.0, 8GB RAM and a 6870. Hopefully I can run the game on high with some medium settings (shadows etc)

Kyaw

vidal said:
Damage still seems pretty high for non-HC, at least a bit higher than BC2.

That's GOOD.
BC2 was so bad, you literally had to unload a whole clip of ammo into someone with a sub-machine gun.

LordCanti

RoboPlato said:
Does it still say Combat Efficenty Ribbon?

Not sure. All I saw was the huge ribbon blocking the guys view.

This guy never went within range of an MCOM. Maybe they'll suck so bad on defense that we can see the ticket counter or the street.

desu

Thats a lot of changes on the map.

If this is all due to alpha feedback ... then I am kind of worried about the other maps :s.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
desu said:

If this is all due to alpha feedback ... then I am kind of worried about the other maps :s.
What kind of things were changed?

iam220

Excuse me, but I've been out of the loop. How do I get early access to this again? I have to pre-order through origin? Is it not coming to steam?

Kyaw said:
That's GOOD.
BC2 was so bad, you literally had to unload a whole clip of ammo into someone with a sub-machine gun.

Not really, especially not at close range. At close range the smg's have one of the highest DPS i believe.

LordCanti

Fersis said:
What kind of things were changed?

They've put cover everywhere in the park. Walls, large rocks, etc. It's the same map geometrically but almost everything in the middle has been changed.

That's all we know right now, because this team can't get to the subway. (well, we know the B mcom in the subway has been given more cover)

Wait: B mcom in park may not be in the same area anymore. Sec

A MCOM is way far out in front of where it was, on the other side of the map. B is where A was. In the park anyway.

LordCanti said:
You have earned:

EYESIGHT BLOCKING RIBBON
CONGRATULATIONS

That's got to change.

Looks more like the guy is playing on a very low resolution. Compare the scale/placement of the HUD to this 1680x1050 shot:

cBgU2.jpg

Still, they'll probably wanna change that.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
desu said:

They were probably able to extrapolate a lot of changes. I'm sure they had a specific design philosophy when designing the maps and were able to see what worked and what didn't on Metro and apply that to other maps.

iam220 said:
Not really, especially not at close range. At close range the smg's have one of the highest DPS i believe.

True, but doesn't change the fact that BC2 weapons, in general, had pretty low base damage, DPS be damned.

Makoto

LordCanti said:
Wait: B mcom in park may not be in the same area anymore. Sec
What was B in the Alpha is now in front of the bridge near the defender's deployment. That's probably the most drastic change as it's original spot was incredibly difficult to get to without the LAV.

LordCanti

Anyone have an Op_Metro map? I'll mark where the mcoms are now.

Kahoona said:
So I'm confused, is the second bomb site on the first section of Metro still in that god forsaken Gazebo? That was the more difficult of the two due to the fact that defenders spawned almost right next to you...the first site never seemed to be a problem when I played.

No, not in gazeebo.

Kahoona

So I'm confused, is the second bomb site on the first section of Metro still in that god forsaken Gazebo? That was the more difficult of the two due to the fact that defenders spawned almost right next to you...the first site never seemed to be a problem when I played.

woober

LOL. There are some hilarious ragdoll bugs going on. Some soldier was lying flat on his back with his legs twitching and gun propped straight into the air, firing random bursts.

LordCanti

desu said:
Is this about right?

Red square is A. Orange square on bottom is B. Terrain is completely changed.

These guys got their ass kicked in the park, then bailed before the subway. =/

I need them back in a game, because I honestly don't think I heard or saw the LAV at any point during that last match. I'm starting to think it's not in the beta.

iam220

Mr. Snrub said:
True, but doesn't change the fact that BC2 weapons, in general, had pretty low base damage, DPS be damned.

*shrug* I found it to be inline with say, bf2. Although bf2 did not have regenerating health ...
Given the fast paced arcade game-play I did not mid the low dps and instead welcomed it.

Nabs

cann3dheat said:
So if you were in the alpha, do you get into the beta tomorrow, or does that not give you early access?
You don't get early access for being in the Alpha unless you got an email saying so.

desu

LordCanti said:
Red square is A. Orange square on bottom is B. Terrain is completely changed.

These guys got their ass kicked in the park, then bailed before the subway. =/

I need them back in a game, because I honestly don't think I heard or saw the LAV at any point during that last match. I'm starting to think it's not in the beta.

I think I saw it!? Not sure.

Thanks for telling about the mcom names, updated that.

nvm maybe its not on there anymore.

LordCanti said:
I've watched two full rounds now...and I haven't seen the LAV. Am I going crazy, or did they take it out?

I didnt see any kills by it either hmm.
Yeah minimap showed that road area and no icon

Top Bottom