• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Repgnar

That sticky in the EA forum says you had to preorder before the 25th instead of by the 25th. I always thought by a certain date included that day, like the dates on food. Hoping he assumed it's the other way around and he's the one that using the word before and the people that preordered yesterday are still getting in.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Relaxed Muscle said:
I really liked, yeah it have it problems, but it was a nice change of pace and very intense, maybe not the "proper" bettlefield experience but I really enjoyed it (thought at first it didn't click on me)

It's just my least favorite. And everyone always quits on it. Always. And lately it constantly comes up in the rotation. Really soured me on playing lately. Just hate the map (for a lot of reasons).

Menelaus

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
I think I just saw "Attack order issued" or something like that flash on his screen. Squad leader commands?
More than likely. I don't understand the role of SL right now, if spawning has been taken away. Demize was mum on the subject.

desu

LordCanti said:
I can't watch this anymore. Op_Metro is going to be ruined for me forever.

No LAV is a such a bummer ...

And as I said before, I think the only reason the map looks like it does now is because of the alpha test. If thats true, well then I dont really want to see the "balance" of other maps.

I didn't play the Alpha and now I'm watching the livestream... it looks like you can really chuck grenades in BF3 vs BC2. Can anyone else confirm this from the alpha or stream?

LordCanti

Relaxed Muscle said:
I thought that even with the LAV the first set was still quite hard to get past?...

Not really. You could load the LAV with a bunch of people, and then pretty much cap B instantly (while covering it with the LAV).

We got out of the park in a matter of a couple minutes doing it that way.

This beta may be infantry only. The terrain still has LAV paths all over it.

Terrain is completely different though. Cover all over the place.

mr_nothin

Banned
Relaxed Muscle said:
I thought that even with the LAV the first set was still quite hard to get past?...
There were a BUNCH of problems that made it hard. It wasnt hard just because.

1. Squad spawning didnt work 80% of the time
2. Spotting people that were hidden from view
3. LAV campers (it's a transport vehicle, not a tank)

Those were the main reasons why it was dubbed as being "hard".

EDIT: Nice new sideways crawling animations :)

Arcipello

i suspect all these streams are from the people who run servers... they usually get the clients just before the actual thing is released to public

Manager

Arcipello said:
i suspect all these streams are from the people who run servers... they usually get the clients just before the actual thing is released to public

I think I read somewhere in all these threads that EA employed would get it today (and probably some retail folks), I guess it wouldn't be smart to show your tag though.

LordCanti

Manager said:
What does it do now again?

edit
Spawn, ah.

Anyone on the team can spawn on it, I believe. Edit: Wrong potentially.

Arcipello said:
just saw him plant a squad spawn beacon

Was it just anyone in the squad? I thought it was the whole team (hence the outrage we had over it when it was announced).

LordCanti

mr_nothin said:
Seeing the killcam is pissing me off!

I thought it was squad members only..
It better be!

If you guys think it is, maybe it is. If so, what a useless thing to carry around with you.

desu

Does Supression give 50 points? Can anyone see the number?

Wonder how much points you get for planting/destroying now?

Maybe its a rush thing but be adviced radio chatter spam is still there, also hard to see from the quality but lame 3d spotting is sorta visible.

No visible difference in recoil.

LordCanti

mr_nothin said:
Seeing ironsight through the scope.
I only remember them having it on sniper rifles in the alpha

I actually liked the way it looked

Oh. That...could get annoying :/

Menelaus said:
Beacon is squad only, I confirmed with Demize.

Does the squad leader have to make room for the beacon, or does it just fill it's own slot? If it's the former, it's pointless. Either way, it's an odd olive branch toward people that want full squad spawning.

Edit: Wait, so this isn't the same thing as the Recon's beacon?

Izayoi

Banned
Nostalgia~4ever said:
dice apparently toned down the bright white because of alpha complaints.
Disappointment. Hopefully I can tweak the .cfg to the point where it looks like it used to.

mr_nothin

Banned
Watching the guys play on battlefield3.tv reminds me exactly why I dont like full squad spawning. Every time he spawns on a squad member, what is he doing? He's holding down shift to run before he's even spawned and then runs around to do some stupid shit. Then he dies and does the same exactly thing again.

Run/Spawn/Shoot/Die/Run/Spawn/Shoot/Die/Run/Spawn/Shoot/Die
At least he can actually kill

EDIT:
It's also good to not see orange triangles popping up everywhere

desu

mr_nothin said:
Watching the guys play on battlefield3.tv reminds me exactly why I dont like full squad spawning. Every time he spawns on a squad member, what is he doing? He's holding down shift to run before he's even spawned and then runs around to do some stupid shit. Then he dies and does the same exactly thing again.

At least he can actually kill

That guy is playing team deathmatch ...

Izayoi

Banned
mr_nothin said:

Nobody is forcing you to play like that, though. If he wants to be an idiot that's his problem.

mr_nothin

Banned
Izayoi said:
Nobody is forcing you to play like that, though. If he wants to be an idiot that's his problem.
I know that. When others play like that, it gets on my nerves and becomes a problem. You dont stick with your squad, you spawn and run off and do some dumb shit then do it again. Squad members are seen as spawn points now.

desu said:
That guy is playing team deathmatch ...
Looks like rush to me, but he sure is doing a good job at making it look like TDM

desu

mr_nothin said:
Looks like rush to me, but he sure is doing a good job at making it look like TDM
I mean his play style, he ran by mcoms that he could have armed and so on. All he does is trying to score as #1.

mr_nothin

Banned
desu said:
I mean his play style, he ran by mcoms that he could have charged and so on. All he does is trying to score as #1.
Ah, I see

It's exactly what I was afraid of but then again, it's just 1 guy. Lol, who am I kidding...most people are going to play like him now.
Full squad spawning encourages this crap because you have so many spawn points to choose from after you die so there's not much of a consequence of dying (which would be spawning back at base if your SL died).

LordCanti

desu said:
I mean his play style, he ran by mcoms that he could have armed and so on. All he does is trying to score as #1.

If he hadn't capped one MCOM in six games, I'd have thought he didn't know they existed. He's a reasonably decent TDM player (he has sprayed and prayed, and subsequently missed, more than once though) but he's a terrible Rush player.

He's providing this stream though, so he's a stand up gentleman.

Mcom got armed... 3 tickets left...guy made no attempt to cover it. It got disabled. Rage face. I'm outttt.

Top Bottom