• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

vidal said:
Ugh, the guy just unlocked the defib. Why do we still have to unlock that?

I think is because of the assault-medic merge.

You also unlock the medic pack if i'm not mistaken. It's been a while since the alpha.

JaskoX1 said:
Mother fucker. Apparently I only have the "Standard" edition of MoH, on steam.

Should've pre-ordered man ;)

LordCanti

ColeTheMole said:
I didnt see any kills by it either hmm

I was watching specifically for that. I didn't see the LAV, I didn't see any kills by the LAV, and I didn't hear the LAV.

I'm pretty sure they took out the LAV, guys. :(

Jira

Mr. Snrub said:
There's your problem? RO2 isn't well-optimized, at this point. Ambient Occlusion isn't too much of a killer except in certain games. I was pretty surprised when HBAO killed 15-20 fps in BC2.

There is a HUGE difference between pre-rendered and real time AO. BF3 uses real time AO on PC, probably pre-rendered on consoles if at all. Real time AO is a massive performance hit.

desu

LordCanti said:
I was watching specifically for that. I didn't see the LAV, I didn't see any kills by the LAV, and I didn't hear the LAV.

I'm pretty sure they took out the LAV, guys. :(

WHich is kind of funny, since the left way of the second part was designed so that the LAV could drive down there.

Manager

JaskoX1 said:
Mother fucker. Apparently I only have the "Standard" edition of MoH, on steam.

Check the FAQ. If you bought it before a special date, like 16th of July or something, you'll get beta. Doesn't matter what version.

JaskoX1

Banned
Lord-Audie said:
Should've pre-ordered man ;)
I did! At the Bestbuy store! Where do I get my code, ugh.

Manager said:
Check the FAQ. If you bought it before a special date, like 16th of July or something, you'll get beta. Doesn't matter what version.
Ahhhhh okey. Not that anyone cares, but I bought on June 30th :)

LordCanti

Manager said:
How are you guys watching this? I get:
Livestream blocked: Terms of use violation

Which stream are you trying to watch?

JaskoX1 said:
I did! At the Bestbuy store! Where do I get my code, ugh.

Early access was for Origin pre-orders only. Unless you are talking about MOH:LE.

mr_nothin

Banned
Aww, i must have missed the window of opportunity :/
I guess people who were already watching it are still able to watch but newcomers cant.

Lord-Audie said:
I think is because of the assault-medic merge.

You also unlock the medic pack if i'm not mistaken. It's been a while since the alpha.

Nah, med-pack was immediately available.

Jira said:
There is a HUGE difference between pre-rendered and real time AO. BF3 uses real time AO on PC, probably pre-rendered on consoles if at all. Real time AO is a massive performance hit.

Can't find it, but a dev already posted that BF3's AO solution has a small performance impact.

mr_nothin

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
Nah, med-pack was immediately available.

Can't find it, but a dev already posted that BF3's AO solution has a small performance impact.
They have both HBAO & SSAO
Pick SSAO for a smaller performance hit

LordCanti

mr_nothin said:
Aww, i must have missed the window of opportunity :/
I guess people who were already watching it are still able to watch but newcomers cant.

You'd be raging at the guy playing. He's made literally zero attempts to arm the MCOM (or defend it really) in three rounds I've seen thus far.

Also, no LAV anymore.

He's about to get to the subway...by no doing of his own, but it should be nice to see the differences.

Spl1nter said:
toronto-park--canada-23c09a.jpg

Clearly real life has brighter lighting. We need more bloom in bf3!

it was more like that in alpha, but people complained over the bright white so dice toned it down.

mr_nothin

Banned
LordCanti said:
You'd be raging at the guy playing. He's made literally zero attempts to arm the MCOM (or defend it really) in three rounds I've seen thus far.

Also, no LAV anymore.
Seriously? Maybe it's infantry only enabled?
Man, I dont like that change :/

Was probably too easy with LAV and the TONS of cover they added. Newb friendly

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
LordCanti said:

Also, no LAV anymore.

He's about to get to the subway...by no doing of his own, but it should be nice to see the differences.

No LAV really sucks... just... SMH. Here guys, here's Battlefield. With no vehicle. troll.jpg

LordCanti

This guy drops health packs for himself and no one else. I'm raging so hard.

Also, looks like the entrance to the subway hasn't changed much. We already know the B mcom is slightly changed (same area, different cover).

desu

LordCanti said:
Also, looks like the entrance to the subway hasn't changed much. We already know the B mcom is slightly changed (same area, different cover).

Was it just me, or did it seem a little more narrow now? (the old LAV entrance)

Evolved1 said:
No LAV really sucks... just... SMH. Here guys, here's Battlefield. With no vehicle. troll.jpg

You knew is was a infantry based map, why so sad?.

Cold War was amazing in BC2. No vehicles

LordCanti said:
He finally armed one MCOM in four rounds. *slow clap*

Next step is use a medpack in other people...also defribiliator.

LordCanti

I need them to cap this. Haven't seen ticket counter yet. They did it. Ticket counter details incoming.

Stairs look to be in the same locations. No surprise there.

Was that an elevator? I wonder if it's functional.

A still looks to be in the glass room at ticket counter. Not sure about B yet.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Relaxed Muscle said:
You knew is was a infantry based map, why so sad?.

Cold War was amazing in BC2. No vehicles

Omfg... Cold War is the worst piece of shit map in Battlefield history and basically the reason I stopped playing BC2 because it ruins every fucking server, every fucking time. It's infested with cunt recons and shotgun medics and motion mine spam and I want to punch the dev who designed it in the fucking face.

Ahem.

seriously though... completely serious

LordCanti

Hallway of death is still there near B mcom @ ticket counter. He hasn't gotten all the way to MCOM yet, so I don't know if it's changed position.

Evolved1 said:
Omfg... Cold War is the worst piece of shit map in Battlefield history and basically the reason I stopped playing BC2 because it ruins every fucking server, every fucking time. It's infested with cunt recons and shotgun medics and motion mine spam and I want to punch the dev who designed it in the fucking face.

Ahem.

seriously though... completely serious

I really liked, yeah it have it problems, but it was a nice change of pace and very intense, maybe not the "proper" bettlefield experience but I really enjoyed it (thought at first it didn't click on me)

desu

LordCanti said:
Hallway of death is still there near B mcom @ ticket counter. He hasn't gotten all the way to MCOM yet, so I don't know if it's changed position.

Was A at the same position in the alpha? I never got there but I think it was a little more back, back then.

LordCanti

desu said:
Was A at the same position in the alpha? I never got there but I think it was a little more back, back then.

It's still in a glass box. Not quite sure if the location of that box has changed. This guy playing needs to pull his head out.

Top Bottom