• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

mr_nothin

Banned
Good to see that the subways are still somewhat of a challenge to get past.
Dice's response: ADD MORE COVER IN RETAIL!
;)

Mcom B in the park seems really easy to get to.

Makoto

Area 3 is still set up in a way where the Attackers are very exposed if they attempt to go for the M-COMs. The defenders would have to be really bad for the Attackers to get both M-COM stations.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Do attackers have 100 tickets now? It looks like it but I can't quite make it out because of the quality of the stream.

sn1pes said:
Good lord you have no idea how hyped I got from that simple comment. By far my favorite fun in BC2.
Watch the stream right now. It has very little recoil and drops people fast.

darthbob

pillarofdawn said:
Im pretty sure they email it to you even if you bought MOH

Reading the OP, I noticed this.

DICE said:
IF YOU PURCHASED MEDAL OF HONOR THROUGH STEAM PRIOR TO JULY 26TH, 2011 CUT-OFF, YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR EARLY ACCESS TO THE BATTLEFIELD 3 OPEN BETA.

TO VIEW YOUR KEY, GO TO MEDAL OF HONOR IN YOUR STEAM LIBRARY, AND CLICK THE "CD KEY" LINK. FIND THE "BATTLEFIELD 3 OPEN BETA EARLY ACCESS" KEY.

BATTLEFIELD 3 IS DELIVERED THROUGH ELECTRONIC ARTS' ORIGIN CLIENT. (DIRECT DOWNLOAD, 47MB: WWW.ORIGIN.COM/DOWNLOAD )

ONCE YOU HAVE ORIGIN INSTALLED, RUN IT AND LOG IN WITH YOUR ORIGIN ID. (THIS WILL BE THE SAME AS YOUR EA ACCOUNT ID USED IN METAL OF HONOR.). IN THE ORIGIN CLIENT, CLICK THE GEAR ICON IN THE TOP MENU BAR, AND THEN SELECT "REDEEM PRODUCT CODE".

official UK forums are fucking stupid. They want movement penalties on the soldiers just because some people prefer run and gun gameplay.

worst forum ever.

It_Hurts

Banned
Nostalgia~4ever said:
official UK forums are fucking stupid. They want movement penalties on the soldiers just because some people prefer run and gun gameplay.

worst forum ever.

I want camping penalties :p I can't stand when people just camp all day long.

I look forward to checking this out. I want to see how it runs on my GTX 275. Probably not great, but I'm waiting for NVIDIA to release something on Kepler before upgrading.

woober

Please tell me they let you choose what squad you want to be in. I just saw him click "Find a squad" and it seemed to have placed him in a random one.

Edit: I'm sure they'll fix it on the full release, but I just want to have it working in the beta. : p

Also, BE ADVISED!

LordCanti

woober said:
Please tell me they let you choose what squad you want to be in. I just saw him click "Find a squad" and it seemed to have placed him in a random one.

Edit: I'm sure they'll fix it on the full release, but I just want to have it working in the beta. : p

Also, BE ADVISED!

You couldn't choose in the alpha. If you can't in the beta, I am cry.

I went away for an hour. Have we seen the street?

desu said:
Did they move A into/close to the house on the streets?

Honestly, I still think the defenders are totally fucked on the streets...

They got to the street? Gah I missed it.

desu

Did they move A into/close to the house on the streets?

Honestly, I still think the defenders are totally fucked on the streets...

woober

LordCanti said:
You couldn't choose in the alpha. If you can't in the beta, I am cry.

I was playing with a group of friends in the Alpha and it was sooo frustrating that we couldn't be in the same squad. We constantly left squads and randomly joined one over and over in hopes of being placed together. It was pretty stupid.

LordCanti

woober said:
I was playing with a group of friends in the Alpha and it was sooo frustrating that we couldn't be in the same squad. We constantly left squads and randomly joined one over and over in hopes of being placed together. It was pretty stupid.

That was basically the experience of everyone in the GAF Battlelog group during the alpha. It was very difficult to get onto the same team together, and even when we did, it was nearly impossible to get into the same squad.

If that hasn't changed for the beta, I'm going to be sad.

rabhw

Is this guy pretty good at controlling recoil? Or is there really very little penalty for holding the trigger down for 4+ seconds on full-auto...

Sec0nd

Is this game coming to Mac? Got a fancy new iMac and I'm wondering if I could test the machine out with some shine BF3

Makoto

rabhw said:
Is this guy pretty good at controlling recoil? Or is there really very little penalty for holding the trigger down for 4+ seconds on full-auto...
Very little penalty (at least, in the Alpha, there was very little penalty).

LordCanti

rabhw said:

At short distances, there is almost no penalty if any. It's more realistic that way. At long ranges, there is absolutely a penalty, and you won't really hit anything.

mr_nothin

Banned
rabhw said:
The map is pretty small. There's no much penalty in Metro except at extreme distances in the park area. Metro has almost no situations where you'd be firing at someone from extreme distances. It's a short-medium distance map. Most of the time, you'd still want to burst though but you can still get a good amount of kills going full auto. You just have the pick the best option for the given situation. Looking at videos makes it seems like you can just spray and pray your way to victory but when playing, its different.

LordCanti

I don't think the same guy is playing. This guy is an MCOM capping machine compared to whoever was playing earlier.

MCOM locations in the street seem unchanged. I'm not really spotting any changes, actually. Memory could be cloudy though.

desu

LordCanti said:
MCOM locations in the street seem unchanged. I'm not really spotting any changes, actually.

Really? The first mcom now seems to be in the house or something, it looks further away from the map I earlier posted.

belvedere

Junior Butler
After watching the stream I think I'm already starting to get bored of Metro lol.

It would've been awesome to get some time with Caspian :(

LordCanti

desu said:
Really? The first mcom now seems to be in the house or something, it looks further away from the map I earlier posted.

Is it? During the last playthrough the guy never went anywhere near it, so I was going off of the location on the map. Is it no longer in a little pastry shop?

belvedere said:
After watching the stream I think I'm already starting to get bored of Metro lol.

It would've been awesome to get some time with Caspian :(

I know that feel bro. I wanted to see the changes, and I've just seen pretty much all of them in this stream. No real reason left to play except to see how my rig performs.

Caspian would have been incredible. Oh well.

desu

LordCanti said:
Is it? During the last playthrough the guy never went anywhere near it, so I was going off of the location on the map. Is it no longer in a little pastry shop?

Couldnt really see it, it just seemed further away on the minimap compared to the map I have here. Who knows ... doesnt change a thing. The part 4 of the map is pointless, its the win on a silver plate.

Top Bottom