• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Orgun said:
Oh shit, Caspian is in!? I wasnt bothered at all by the beta but now the 29th can't come fast enough! :)
Private servers that we know the password to. Unless they roll it out, don't count on playing it, buddy. :(

I'm enjoying it enough for both of us, however!

demolitio

I'm not going to type it since I was asked not to but those that keep asking should look a few pages back unless they edited the post. Attention to detail! :p

Originally very few people knew it and it was only like 18 of us but then it leaked everywhere else making it impossible to join.

I can't decide which screen of mine is my new wallpaper. I think I like the last one as well. :)

Izayoi

Banned
bf32011-09-2723-41-07-azkl.png

bf32011-09-2723-42-39-dlbb.png

bf32011-09-2723-44-48-a9wq.png

bf32011-09-2723-45-15-gyv0.png

bf32011-09-2723-47-46-9yvw.png

mr_nothin

Banned
demolitio said:
It was too bad we couldn't find an enemy in sight when you were the gunner on my tank...lol
Nobody (out of 64) was actually playing in that server. I left and joined some other servers and there was twice as much going on with half the players. Players working together, jets having dogfights, helicopters raining hell, flag capturing...the whole shabang! Had some amazing matches

demolitio

UK servers for Caspian just popped up. Quite a few of them too!

Agreed. I had an amazing time in the 64 player matches. Jet dogfighting is unreal.

FGMPR

Banned
Just finished a close game on server #7 (I saw someone do a GAF shoutout, I was Forrest_GIMP). So laggy, but so damn good. Fuck the lag, fuck the glitches... its incredible regardless and leaves a much better impression that OP-Metro.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Just finished a few matches on the 360 Beta.

Game is amazing, definitely going to be the most epic online shooter this year. It looks great, not up to PC spec obviously, but the way it feels is even better. Very solid and responsive controls.

There were a few graphical issues, biggest ones I encountered:

1. At a distance, it's hard to tell what you're looking at and see movement. Detailed objects in the distance simply don't render.

2. Pop in for smaller objects can cause some funny/unfair gameplay situations. I was walking around indoors once and saw a guy laying prone in a corner, 2 seconds later 2 boxes popped up in front of him that he was clearly hiding behind. I got the kill even though if the boxes had rendered properly I might have never seen him. Kind of disappointing.

I love this game but unfortunately I'll be waiting for word on the final build before I buy. There definitely needs to be quite a few graphical improvements before its competing for a consistent online experience.

demolitio

Can we please have a moment of silence for Caspian Border and all those souls that never had a chance to play it on this hallowed day?

BF is back in full force with that map my friends!

Edit: Also, does anyone else feel like they need bigger smoke trails on the Choppers' missiles? It's a little hard to see where they're going at times, especially with the HUD being bigger than I like.

JAFAR

Got about 20 solid minutes of FRAPS footage on ultra while on the Caspian Server. Was able to hijack a tank, a HUMVEE, and tried to get into a jet but there were too many sheep waiting.

It's encoding and uploading now. I'll have the link shortly.

Dice must open Caspian to the public and show everyone how jawdropping it really is.

MNC

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...h1nt0-about-leak-caspian-border-password.html

Ah, and there it was. The password for Caspian Border.
So the deal with Caspian Border in the Open Beta is that it is only for internal testing at the moment.

Passwords are being given out to selected community members, sites and clans to help us evaluate the feedback we are getting as well as making sure that the map is continiously being tested.

The passwords will be changed on a frequent basis and I am personally making sure that as many community people as possible who are engaged in different community sites get the chance to try the map out and supply us with feedback.
This in itself was a challenge. This is only meant to be for internal testing. When footage and passwords start being spread around, it´s difficult for me to justify the community´s cause about joining us in our internal testing.

So please, if you are participating in the testing, please don´t post any footage and please don´t spread the password.

If we can´t keep this in an organized fashion, I won´t be able to include the community into more cool stuff in the future

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Hopefully someone keeps leaking the password, Metro is a terrible map and not what they should be using to show-off the game.

Corky said:
*yawn*

Just open it to the public, you know, the actual community for your bloody game. Damn closed beta within an open beta.
It's still closed, technically. Yo dawg, I heard you like close betas, so we...

Izayoi

Banned
zh1nt0 said:
When footage and passwords start being spread around, it´s difficult for me to justify the community´s cause about joining us in our internal testing.
What an asshole.

HOW DARE YOU WANT TO PLAY OUR GAME

GOD DAMMIT... i'm having so much trouble with my AMD drivers right now it's not funny... I've never had problems like this before, I just can't install them, it keeps saying "Driver INF file not found" while I'm trying to install, no matter what I do it just keeps saying that, downloaded a bunch of different files and it won't get past that point.

INFURIATING me... God dammit.

Rygar 8 Bit said:
theyve been acting like jackasses for a while all those tweets all the way up till beta release were pretty rude

Yeah, it's like they're being arseholes to us just for wanting to play their damn game... sheesh.

skullwolfgp

Neo Member

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
skullwolfgp said:
...I really don't get it. Even if they are still trying to collect data on the Metro changes, why wouldn't they just make both maps pubic and limit the number of Caspian servers? People that can't get in to the Caspian servers will just join Metro ones... Caspian clearly works well enough to put into players' hands, and would generate tons of hype.
I wouldn't. I'd wait for a Caspian slot.

Izayoi

Banned
SapientWolf said:
I wouldn't. I'd wait for a Caspian slot.
Yup. Metro is a piece of shit compared to Caspian. Not sure why they thought it would be a good idea to show that instead of Caspian.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
this is going to turn into a even larger nightmare when this thing goes open if they were smart they would release caspian to show people who dont know anything about BF what BF is about

Top Bottom