• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

demolitio said:
Alright, I'll try to rehost somewhere. I used that place because someone told me they were good, lol.

I'm normally not the type of guy to ever post game pics online, but that shit was truly magnificent. The lighting alone makes it feel so real. I wish I could have contorted my arm and got some pics of the dogfight in action. I ended up taking 4 jets and 2 helos down in my last life on the server, lol.

I couldn't figure out which button fired missiles on the jets so I was trying to shoot everything with bullets heh.

Kahoona

Rygar 8 Bit said:
why it wasnt out for release is baffling
My guess is they wanted to test the changes made to Metro first. If they released both, everyone would just go to Caspian and leave Metro in the dust.

Moaradin

You know, I put a few hours into Caspian Border and I got maybe a total of 4 kills. I didn't give a fuck because of how much of a blast it was.

nitric0

woober said:
The chaos I saw with the air vehicles as seen in my shots were LOL. Made me remember the days of BF2 when no one knew how to fly ... crashing planes into runways, jets flying 10 ft above ground... it makes me giddy.
Best part is the explosion of the vehicles. They were embarrassing in BC2 but my god they look so good in BF3

woober

64 players on that map.....

I can't believe I had any lingering doubts about BF3. Op Metro is a horrible way to show off BF3.

demolitio

ColonialRaptor said:
I couldn't figure out which button fired missiles on the jets so I was trying to shoot everything with bullets heh.
Missiles are vehicle specializations you have to unlock so it's the cannon only until you unlock it. I still managed to destroy Earth with it though.

Oh, and to whoever was asking about parachutes, it's the spacebar button when you're in mid-air.

fin

50cc1540e7fa0b242d65b97ecc875d96f0e9c452.jpg

e90d2d6a9da5819bb903d9c9fcc8be256d73fc82.jpg

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
alba said:
I mean if they didn't want us to play Capsian, they wouldn't have included it in the Beta and made the file smaller on PC just like the console ones. Obviously we will have it unlocked at some point :p
On the other hand, leaving it in but unplayable has more trolling potential.

Had some flickering and a crash on my 5850. Hope it wasn't temp related. I was pushing close to 90c.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Kahoona said:
My guess is they wanted to test the changes made to Metro first. If they released both, everyone would just go to Caspian and leave Metro in the dust.

ill still be playing metro its not a terrible map once you get into the subway tunnel it gets really fun and watching rockets light up the whole place as they soar by is breath taking

demolitio

Nabs said:
Did anyone try flying with a controller? Joystick? How'd it feel?
The joystick configuration is really screwed up at the moment and made it impossible for me and a few others to try. One player that was in the server before the PW leaked said it was more meant for MS controllers like the 360 controller.

I ended up emulating my DS3 and used it like a 360 controller and it was glorious. It worked out better than I thought and made me pretty damn good at dogfighting compared to others.

fin

Fuck they need to open up some 64 player servers. So much better than 32 player rush. How long is the update going to take? Anyone know?

JAFAR

If any of you GAFers want to play, add me to your battlelog friends list.

Username: jriseden

I'm an FPS whore so you can bet I'll be an asset to the team and not some jong who stares into space while the bomb is ticking down.

PatmanBegins

Neo Member
Slim chance of it happening, but I'm hoping they use the first couple of days with the console open beta to get people acclimated to the gameplay with Metro, then unleash the greatness of Caspian later. The PC shots look insane. Enjoy not sleeping tonight PC-Gaf

Jtrizzy

Nabs said:
Did anyone try flying with a controller? Joystick? How'd it feel?
it's not too bad honestly. I did well in some games, others not so much. I don't really like the map though, and hope they open up Caspian Border. It looks better in every way.

Top Bottom