• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

darkwing said:
lol i'm a peasant :| anyways, we are not using the battlelog to create a platoon/clan etc?

I don't have my PS3 copy yet. So I can't exactly create a new battlelog platoon.
EA only has me registered as a pc player right now.

darkwing

Dreamgazer said:
I don't have my PS3 copy yet. So I can't exactly create a new battlelog platoon.
EA only has me registered as a pc player right now.

it's cool, i don't have my copy yet too, tomorrow most likely

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Dreamgazer said:
I don't have my PS3 copy yet.

Want mine? That's about where I am with this after a few hours playing. Don't like it at all. It's just as gross as the beta.

I signed up on the PS3 list, I get the game tomorrow. It's nice to be here. I'm 23. Killzone 2 + 3 are my first competitive shooting games, and I really enjoyed them. I've got my working mic plugged in here, that I've never practically used, so I could try that out perhaps. I'll be glad to help out, though I might be best at Recon. Cheers, maybe I'll see ya on the battlefield.

Evolved1 said:
Want mine? That's about where I am with this after a few hours playing. Don't like it at all. It's just as gross as the beta.

Because of the tank controls?

Wait till tomorrow when most of us have it.
Most of us hated the official BC2 release when it first came out also.

olimpia84 said:
This is shaping up to be the best community OT of all time.

Not sure if serious.

In response to why I didn't put this in the gaming section - it'll easily get flooded off to nowhere. I'm simply expecting this to be a continuation of our bfbc2 thread.

(also no one noticed the beard and sunglasses I added to evolved's pic.)

red731

Added myslf on the PSN list. I will get the game tomorrow and am from Yurop .)
I would gladly play any mode. I do have headset.

olimpia84

Dreamgazer said:
Not sure if serious.

In response to why I didn't put this in the gaming section - it'll easily get flooded off to nowhere. I'm simply expecting this to be a continuation of our bfbc2 thread.

(also no one noticed the beard and sunglasses I added to evolved's pic.)

Yeah I noticed it. Dudebro 4 life.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Genesis Knight said:
Wow, console gamers got kicked out of the OT? WTF.

No, just some of them feel it's becoming to "PC centric" even before the game actually is here. Just go back and see some people posting advanced shots of singleplayer elements BEFORE THE GAME IS EVEN OUT. Some people want to avoid that. Me? I honestly can't give a shit and this OP > that OP because at least it didn't take two months to make and gloss over BC1/Frostbite 1.0's introduction and think BC2/Frostbite 1.5 was the introduction of destruction and FB engine to the series with typos and shit as well.

>>Is Battlerecorder in?<<

Yes. "Not at launch," currently. Will Consoles get it? I dunno. Fersis needs to hassle DICE about that. Meanwhile, when will it come? I dunno. And if it's like BC2's "photo" ability, probably never and it'll be a broken promise of DICE.

But I'm sure they'll implement it, they'd be crazy NOT to given CoD does theater and Halo does theater and most players are probably going to be coming from one of the two. Not having it would be cutting their knees off. Its practically free advertising.

Also Dream using my short OT as a quote. ;__;

red731

We have national holiday on Friday, so if anyone wants to play all day, just send me invites over psn .)
I would like to play with gaf than some random dudes and broskis that don't know the word team.

hamchan

My PC barely meets minimum so I'm joining the PS3 crowd this time. I wonder if Australia to America matches are possible or will it be too laggy.

TheSeks

hamchan said:
My PC barely meets minimum so I'm joining the PS3 crowd this time. I wonder if Australia to America matches are possible or will it be too laggy.

Possible lag. But it really depends on where you connect. If you connect to Pacfic/West Coast servers it'll probably not be as bad as East Coast. Faceless has done the US->AU/JPN servers jump late at night before so he could honestly tell you better than I could.

Evolved1 said:

I knew you were going to bitch! This is why I told you to wait until I could give you an honest opinion about the browser and shit like that.

When and if someone can log into Battlelog, check if the PS3 Platoon still exists that was created during the Beta. It was 70 players strong already.

JJD

hamchan said:

Well it was OK most times for me, and I'm from latin america! I know I'm much closer, but you probably have access to a much better connection.

If it's anything like Bad Company 2 you'll be alright!

Ubersnug

For those who have this and have played online, I am hearing stories about the squad management being buggy as hell still. Is this still the case or is the squad management working as advertised?

owlbeak

Ubersnug said:
For those who have this and have played online, I am hearing stories about the squad management being buggy as hell still. Is this still the case or is the squad management working as advertised?
Works better than the beta and generally works as it should. Still occasionally joins you into matches and throws your friends on the other team, but it's not nearly as bad as the beta.

Ubersnug

birdcity said:
Works better than the beta and generally works as it should. Still occasionally joins you into matches and throws your friends on the other team, but it's not nearly as bad as the beta.

Are we able to view all the squads in the game match and attempt to join or create our own like Dice said we could?

red731 said:
I want battle recorder so badly for this. Draw it in mspaint atleast :D

2e5mmmb.png

I think its a pretty accurate depiction of what happened

I think they were parachuting out of the helicopter the attackers get in Caspian Boarder rush and I got em, so I wasn't in the A-10 thunderbolt I.was in the jet the defenders get, but I forget the name of it.

JJD

Evolved1 said:

Really? Even on Conquest? Come on, it can't be that bad...
please don't be!!! :-(

If everything goes smoothly I'll probably have the game friday...the wait is excruciating...

Evolved1 said:

oh evo don't be such a killjoy! :D i'm sure they will bombard us with weekly patches and the game will be perfection!

Daigoro

yeah Battle recorder wont be making it in id guess. if it was a reality (for consoles anyways) it would have had to have been integrated since the beginning like Halo, etc.

if it somehow does make it in in some form, it will be shit. judging by any of the replay/upload/movie modes from every EA sports game ive ever played it will be garbage. i assume they'd use a similar type of replay mode for this game since its on EA servers.

but i doubt we'll see it at all on consoles.

birdcity said:

fucking typical.

Ubersnug said:
Are we able to view all the squads in the game match and attempt to join or create our own like Dice said we could?

we godamn better be able to.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Ubersnug said:

Yessir.

This game is great. Just played 3 hours. Blows the beta away. Jets are really cool, but a bit difficult.

I'm in the Google doc, I suppose it's one different of the used in BC2? Anyway, as it has been said, we should create a Platoon when we're able to register our PSN user in Battlelog. Can't wait to the mayhem!

DarkFlow

Banned
Noisepurge said:
Will see if the Beta PS3 Platoon is still there when we can login.
I'm logged into battlelog right now, it not working for you guys? also what's the name of the beta platoon, i'll see if it's there.

red731

DarkFlow83 said:
I'm logged into battlelog right now, it not working for you guys? also what's the name of the beta platoon, i'll see if it's there.

Yeah, we are not allowed to login and I know why, bacause you surely have it installed and ready to play, right?

For those who can't get into battlelog, you must first run the game so it will register with EA server again(after beta) and after that, you can go to battlelog.

I THINK xD

or it will be the region thing.

DarkFlow

Banned
red731 said:
Yeah, we are not allowed to login and I know why, bacause you surely have it installed and ready to play, right?

For those who can't get into battlelog, you must first run the game so it will register with EA server again(after beta) and after that, you can go to battlelog.
Yeah i had to play a match on PS3 first before it let me log in.

DarkFlow83 said:
Nope, not there. Only the New PC ones, and a Xbox. PS3 beta platoon is toast.

damn, or maybe it's linked to my account as i founded it and can't access it yet to make it visible again. It was 70 players strong already.

I will get my copy in a couple of hours and will put up a new PS3 platoon or resurrect the old one.

Marvie_3

Banned
SephCast said:
Yessir.

This game is great. Just played 3 hours. Blows the beta away. Jets are really cool, but a bit difficult.
I haven't had any problems with jets, but helicopters are a fucking pain in the ass to fly.

DarkFlow

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
I haven't had any problems with jets, but helicopters are a fucking pain in the ass to fly.
Yeah, I can't line up my guns and kill anyone. I just end up flying off to the side.

red731

So I want to be Assasult and revive you guys, I even want to fly a jet after learning with it and being good at it in BF2, but with kb/m - this will be very very very hard to master, I know.

I should change my wanted approach of me being Assault to "Be the one that will support the team" mind, right?
If there are 3 assaults and one engineer, I should be support for ammo helping and just be flexible to support team?

red731 said:
So I want to be Assault and revive you guys, I even want to fly a jet after learning with it and being good at it in BF2, but with kb/m - this will be very very very hard to master, I know.

I should change my wanted approach of me being Assault to "Be the one that will support the team" mind, right?
If there are 3 assaults and one engineer, I should be support for ammo helping and just be flexible to support team?

I almost always play an aggressive medic. Used to roll with the M60 but now since all the assault rifles and SMG's are there it's easier to be a better allrounder.

Just take both medic upgrades instead of gadgets. Stick with your squad and press on at the front lines! :p But it's the same as before, if you haven't dropped a medkit or an ammobox somewhere useful, you are not helping :D

TheSeks

red731 said:

Correct. But it's "as the situation dictates," I had to bitch at most of PS3GAF (remember when Strike got butthurt, guys?) to change classes at the situation changes for the sake of helping me/team out.

Sitting around in recon/sniper class while a tank blows the rest of your team away isn't really helping. If you die, switch classes. If no one is dying and the tank is wrecking havoc, don't feel like it's impossible to not suicide and switch classes. Hell, Calion and I both had that mindset when we stole a chopper on Atacama and kept it up for most of the game but had to have switched to engineer.

Top Bottom