• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

I'm tempted to modify the spreadsheet to point who who are the true & trusted BFBC2 veterans (so newbies have an idea who to add).

However, being good at BFBC2 doesn't necessarily mean people will be good at BF3 (maybe?)

Miggytronz

Deadly Cyclone said:
Good to hear. I figured as much, but hadn't heard any actual Xbox impressions.

I will say that from my own perspective (prolly kuz im on a 720p native monitor) the PS3 version at Gamestop being displayed on their SONY TV looked better than XBOX on my monitor.

Kinda made me disappointed but i can live with it.

todahawk

Dreamgazer said:
I'm tempted to modify the spreadsheet to point who who are the true & trusted BFBC2 veterans (so newbies have an idea who to add).

However, being good at BFBC2 doesn't necessarily mean people will be good at BF3 (maybe?)

Count on me to ruin the PS3GAF curve, I haven't touched a FPS all summer. Hopefully I'm wrong and will play Ok.

Az

My rig is ready. 80gig fattie, dirty contoller, a small broken piece on the top left side. All settings on WOW, 720p and brainshattering fps. Top that, bitches.

olimpia84

Woohoo just got this baby in. However when I try to join multiplayer it stays on 'loading'. Time to reset and load again...

todahawk

TheAzRim said:
My rig is ready. 80gig fattie, dirty contoller, a small broken piece on the top left side. All settings on WOW, 720p and brainshattering fps. Top that, bitches.

PC master race my ASS.
How's it going Az? I need to re-add you, I think you dumped me off your list before... :(

Az

greenjerk said:
PC master race my ASS.
How's it going Az? I need to re-add you, I think you dumped me off your list before... :(

OMG you alive. ;)
I haven't been playing for a while, my PS3 wasn't at my place, so my whole list got deleted. I did start adding people back up as I come across.

I got 4 more hours at work, it's getting tough...

<------PSN name the same, PKM.

Look me up on PS3 BFBC2 or BF2 stats, Im a long time BF player and love love love the series!

Add me, request or whatever..my RL friends are killing me due to them sucking so bad half the time.
Tho I cant just kick them to the curb completely, I'd love to play with some better players then the lot I play with now.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
greenjerk said:
Shit, didn't catch that either. Form filled out.
MY GOD I REALLY NEED TO STAY @ WORK AND GET SOME SHIT DONE BUT THE DAMN GAME IS SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO ME CALLING MY NAME AND TELLING ME TO BAIL AND GO HOME AND FIRE THAT BITCH UP.

sorry, bad day yesterday and I'm overcompensating with all caps
I really just want Seks to yell at me
Hahah. Same here. I have the case right next to me. Game is installed, patched, equipped the 1911 on all of my kits, put on the N7 dogtag, brightness adjusted, and sound settings adjusted. Come on UPS guy, I want my headphones for this.

todahawk

TheAzRim said:
OMG you alive. ;)
I haven't been playing for a while, my PS3 wasn't at my place, so my whole list got deleted. I did start adding people back up as I come across.

I got 4 more hours at work, it's getting tough...

Yeah, alive but just barely, you missed out on my summer drama. I thought I saw you post something about that elsewhere but forgot to re-add ya.

I know, I've got about 5 hours to go and I'm dying to go home. Can't stop glancing at the clock.

todahawk

RoboPlato said:
Hahah. Same here. I have the case right next to me. Game is installed, patched, equipped the 1911 on all of my kits, put on the N7 dogtag, brightness adjusted, and sound settings adjusted. Come on UPS guy, I want my headphones for this.

LOL, I ordered that new Sony wireless headset just for BF3. I love the onscreen display so I can finally tell if I'm muted/not, battery level, etc.

BTW, i'm gonna need someone to drop by at some point to help me change my adult diaper, make dinner for my kids, get them up tomorrow morning and get them off to school. I've got a photocopied $20 bill for any trouble. Any takers?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
greenjerk said:
sorry, bad day yesterday and I'm overcompensating with all caps
I really just want Seks to yell at me

I haven't seen you in over a year.

God, you have no idea how much Dream shipping with UPS is torturing me. I want my hardware, damn it. >:|

JJD

Well, I still don't have the game, so that must be the problem... :-(
Hopefully by friday it will be here...

I asked because Evilore and some other guy on the OT said that some accounts were keeping their beta stats...

TheSeks

JJD said:
I asked because Evilore and some other guy on the OT said that some accounts were keeping their beta stats...

Rumor is they're wiping stats today for launch tomorrow. Not sure how true that is. I'd wait until tomorrow to be on the safe side.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Is it possible to change the Clan Tag from the console Client (Just like BFBC2)?? Or is it done via Battlelog?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Well I'm back to the top of the scoreboard last 5 or six games. *smug*

Of course I can't fly jets or birds. All TANK motherfuckers.

New tank controls are so dumb, but I'm adjusting. No more look behind, lol.

And here's the thing... you can't have separate invert controls for plane and helicopter. So if you want your filight inverted in the plane, it has to be normal in the helicopter. And vice versa. I want both inverted! But DICE is retarded and made it so it's one or the other.

So I'll never touch a plane. And honestly I don't understand how you're supposed to maintain altitude in the choppers. They drop like stones and the engine can't seem to gain alt very fast. So far flight vehicles are a head scratcher. (I have no idea how that one guy in those youtube vids pilots the chopper like he does. I could almost do that in BC2 but I don;t have the faintest how to get there here)

Oh but hey... this is funny... before I crash the helicopter I was able (kind of by accident) to circle strafe! Hahah you couldn't make this shit up.

U2NUMB

darkwing said:
really interested on how this battlelog platoon works for the consoles

Pretty cool actually. I can see that two of my friends on the 360 are playing.. could tell when they were playing multiplayer then co op and also single player. Stats are all there.. You can still chat with them via the site and form parties online but they of course do not carry over.

But so far I love platoons.. they could add more stats and so forth but I bet we see a number of additions.

Add me as a friend on Battlelog. YouTwo is my name there.

Just bought the game, after sitting through the texture install and redeeming my online pass I pressed singelpalyer. It gets stuck in a loop of playing the first few seconds of the opening cut scene and then going back to the loading screen. Ugh....

Edit: Also I can't sign into gun club. I get an Error message that says "There Was An Error" the error itself just reads "error" wonderful. I love Battlefield, don't get me wrong, but I'd like to see it actually work, first the beta now this.

JJD

Fersis said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUU!!!

I need to change my PSN ID then :(

Huh? What's the problem man? I'm sure you don't need to change you PSN ID!

Awesome Barlow said:
I love Battlefield, don't get me wrong, but I'd like to see it actually work, first the beta now this.

If you love it you should know by now how any BF launch is supposed to be...it's almost like a tradition! :)

I'm sure after a few weeks and patches everything will be working fine!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
JJD said:
Huh? What's the problem man? I'm sure you don't need to change you PSN ID!
I think that they use the PSN validation system which rejects PSN IDs registered on countries with no PSN Stores... like Argentina. Resistance 3 does this for instance.

Gotta get the game first then ill cry ;)
I cant log into battlelog i guess its because i dont own the game yet.

todahawk

TheSeks said:
I haven't seen you in over a year.

God, you have no idea how much Dream shipping with UPS is torturing me. I want my hardware, damn it. >:|

I know, it sucks. I really missed playing BC2 with you guys. Just the other night I saw Olimpia playing and wished I still had my copy... I'll get it back at some point and finally get those last destruction 2.0 kills for the platinum.

Hardware? What did i miss? Did your PS3 die?

edit: did I read something about battlelog not working? I was able to get in during the beta but now I'm not allowed.

jorma

is now taking requests
Hmm whats the link to the actual googledoc? I filled it in earlier, but can't find it. I feel stupid :X

edit: never mind found it. I hope that was recently added to the op :p

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
greenjerk said:
LOL, I ordered that new Sony wireless headset just for BF3. I love the onscreen display so I can finally tell if I'm muted/not, battery level, etc.

BTW, i'm gonna need someone to drop by at some point to help me change my adult diaper, make dinner for my kids, get them up tomorrow morning and get them off to school. I've got a photocopied $20 bill for any trouble. Any takers?
That's the same headset I got. I needed a mic and I've heard good things about the virtual surround sound. Good to hear you like it.

Tunavi said:
EOD Bot Base Jump

cannot stop laughing
Like a boss.

Fersis

BTW the console version has a battlelog client too right? So no need to worry since i can change my clan tag from the console.

Evolved1

jorma said:
Hmm whats the link to the actual googledoc? I filled it in earlier, but can't find it. I feel stupid :X

Click the banners on the bottom, they're links. The first to register your info which will update the list automatically, the second banner brings you to the list.

Az

Evolved1 said:
Well I'm back to the top of the scoreboard last 5 or six games. *smug*

Of course I can't fly jets or birds. All TANK motherfuckers.

New tank controls are so dumb, but I'm adjusting. No more look behind, lol.

And here's the thing... you can't have separate invert controls for plane and helicopter. So if you want your filight inverted in the plane, it has to be normal in the helicopter. And vice versa. I want both inverted! But DICE is retarded and made it so it's one or the other.

So I'll never touch a plane. And honestly I don't understand how you're supposed to maintain altitude in the choppers. They drop like stones and the engine can't seem to gain alt very fast. So far flight vehicles are a head scratcher. (I have no idea how that one guy in those youtube vids pilots the chopper like he does. I could almost do that in BC2 but I don;t have the faintest how to get there here)

Oh but hey... this is funny... before I crash the helicopter I was able (kind of by accident) to circle strafe! Hahah you couldn't make this shit up.

Keep practicing, you know it's going down once I show up ;). Wasn't Dreamgazer our chopper whore or am I getting him mixed up??

JJD said:
If you love it you should know by now how any BF launch is supposed to be...it's almost like a tradition! :)

I'm sure after a few weeks and patches everything will be working fine!
Haha well I'd like to play the campaign before a few weeks goes by.

Evolved1

TheAzRim said:
Keep practicing, you know it's going down once I show up ;). Wasn't Dreamgazer our chopper whore or am I getting him mixed up??

My tank piloting is elite brother. And now that they have all these specs stacked and regen health? lol sorry other team. sucks to be you guys.

arab

does aiming feel delayed for anyone else? i played the beta and it seemed fine but now the right stick has some kind of delay and it's really shitty

JJD

Fersis said:
I think that they use the PSN validation system which rejects PSN IDs registered on countries with no PSN Stores... like Argentina. Resistance 3 does this for instance.

Gotta get the game first then ill cry ;)
I cant log into battlelog i guess its because i dont own the game yet.

Wow, that's so shitty! I've never seem anything like that (I only played single player Resistance3). I hope you don't need to change your ID (trophies and stuff).

I always thought Argentina had a PSN store...hell even us in Brazil have one now! At least you guys got a decent App Store for iOS devices! Ours doesn't have a single game! Lol...

Awesome Barlow said:
Haha well I'd like to play the campaign before a few weeks goes by.

But but but who buys a BF game to play the campaign??? Lol!

J/K! I really want to check the campaign and the coop missions too, but BF3 will be my first game ever were I'll begin with the multiplayer, instead of the single player stuff!

todahawk

RoboPlato said:
That's the same headset I got. I needed a mic and I've heard good things about the virtual surround sound. Good to hear you like it.

Like a boss.

Yeah, I've been using it for Dark Souls just so I'm not scaring the shit out of my kids after they go to bed but the sounds is pretty good.

I used to have (bitch better not have tossed it) the Sony MDR-DS1000 surround sound amp and headphones and the sound was awesome but it didn't support a microphone. I had a pair of Tritton's and they were pretty ok. The ex still has those too </bitter>.

edit:

LOL@ the EOD basejump. Anyone know if you can knife a teammate during free fall? *stares directly at Seks*

Evolved1

arab said:
does aiming feel delayed for anyone else? i played the beta and it seemed fine but now the right stick has some kind of delay and it's really shitty

I feel an early deadzone immediately followed by a ton of acceleration. It's pretty much the worst thing possible if you like smooth 1:1 analog control.

todahawk

Evolved1 said:
I feel an early deadzone and a ton of acceleration. It's pretty much the worst thing possible if you like smooth 1:1 analog control.

DUDE!
Please tell me you'll be on later. I'm leaving work no later than 5PM EST and should be on by 6 or 7. Earlier if I'm eating while playing.

TheSeks

greenjerk said:
Hardware? What did i miss? Did your PS3 die?

Yeah. My 60GIG MGS4 died in like May or so the week PSN came back up. It's got Portal 2 stuck in the drive so I can't complete Portal 2. :(

I don't have the money/job to fix it ($150) a YEAR AFTER I PAID THAT MUCH FOR TWO GPU FAILURES on it. >:| So I'm pissy and was going to go PC if I got a job. Didn't happen. Dream and a few others offered to donate some cash for a PC/PS3 and so they sent me a replacement. I gotta pay them back, but I'm still going to go PC because seriously fuck having my saves and progress be held hostage in many games like that. :|

LOL@ the EOD basejump. Anyone know if you can knife a teammate during free fall? *stares directly at Seks*

Not without the parachute, I wager since they have "hands out" animation for free fall.

Evolved1

greenjerk said:
DUDE!
Please tell me you'll be on later. I'm leaving work no later than 5PM EST and should be on by 6 or 7. Earlier if I'm eating while playing.

All day/evening... don't have work or classes until tomorrow. :)

TheAzRim said:
Dreamgazer our chopper whore or am I getting him mixed up??

Somehow I missed this before. I don't think I have ever seen dream pilot anything in the air. He's a UAV guy and will pilot tanks. But I've never seen him fly in all the hours we played together. He's just a backseat driver second guessing all your moves! Lol.

Actually I might have seen him fly the blackhawk a couple times. Definitely not a chopper whore though. Good gunner.

Rainy Dog

Evolved1 said:

Noooo! That's it, preorder cancelled.

Seriously, I would greatly appreciate confirmation that choppers can't be circle strafed like BC2 on consoles, though. It just killed so many matches for me.

JJD said:
But but but who buys a BF game to play the campaign??? Lol!

J/K! I really want to check the campaign and the coop missions too, but BF3 will be my first game ever were I'll begin with the multiplayer, instead of the single player stuff!
Haha true, true! I just figured I'd start with campaign since I've played the beta.

Evolved1

Rainy Dog said:
Noooo! That's it, preorder cancelled.

Seriously, I would greatly appreciate confirmation that choppers can't be circle strafed like BC2 on consoles, though. It just killed so many matches for me.

Whether they can physically strafe is irrelevant... game balancing, specifically the new AA tools, render it a death trap strategy. You hang too long in an area and you're going down in flames.

Top Bottom