• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

RiverBed

Banned
Can't I log in to Battlelog on PC if I only have the PS3 version? I entered my Origin account and the page just refreshes with the phrase "buy BF3 to get access to Battlelog" in red. But it shows all three versions underneath PC/PS360. I even installed Origin on my PC just to see if it'll help me get it working, but nothing. How do I make it realize I have the PS3 game?

What gives?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can't I log in to Battlelog on PC if I only have the PS3 version? I entered my Origin account and the page just refreshes with the phrase "buy BF3 to get access to Battlelog" in red. But it shows all three versions underneath PC/PS360. I even installed Origin on my PC just to see if it'll help me get it working, but nothing. How do I make it realize I have the PS3 game?

What gives?

Er-login with your PSN id's e-mail address?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Conquest on OP metro is very unbalanced.. The team that spawns near A also gets B... Game over

Haven't been in a game when the team closest to C has won
(That I can recall)

TheSeks

Conquest on OP metro is very unbalanced.. The team that spawns near A also gets B... Game over

(That I can recall)

RU team can win... if they rush. But they never do because DERP 200 EASY POINTS.

Jas

What gives?

Have you played it yet on PS3? Might take a hour or 2 after your first time playing it.

Is the EA account you're using on PS3 the same as the account you tried logging in with? I had an old account tied to my PS3 ID and switched it to a newer account right before BF3 came out.

hate this goddamn internet connection :E every time im having a good match with some proper points coming my way, disconnected from EA Online...

RiverBed

Banned
Er-login with your PSN id's e-mail address?

same email.

Have you played it yet on PS3? Might take a hour or 2 after your first time playing it.
over 3 days of play time.
Is the EA account you're using on PS3 the same as the account you tried logging in with? I had an old account tied to my PS3 ID and switched it to a newer account right before BF3 came out.
I don't understand. I have an EA account since Burnout Paradise on PS3. In Origin, it uses the same email, just a different username.

What gives?
I had the same problem with the 360 version. I ended up contacting EA customer support and they had it fixed within minutes.

georgc

Hey gaf about to double dip and get this for my xbox to play with friends. I have a 15 percent off coupon on origin but that won't get me the karknd expansion? What's the cheapest way to get bf3 and get karkmamd?

TheSeks

I had the same problem with the 360 version. I ended up contacting EA customer support and they had it fixed within minutes.

Meanwhile, I'm having to repeat myself and my issue over Mass Effect 2 PS3. SMH.

I don't understand. I have an EA account since Burnout Paradise on PS3. In Origin, it uses the same email, just a different username.

There are three common reasons why you might not be able to log into Battlelog:

1. You're entering the wrong EA account details (i.e. wrong username/password)
  2. You've never played Battlefield 3 online
  3. You have the wrong PSN account associated with your EA account
For the first problem, you need to sort that out with EA (most likely by requesting a password reset). For the second problem you just need to play BF3 online. The third problem is probably the trickiest.

If you've changed PSN accounts before you might find that you have an old PSN account tied to the EA account you're trying to log into Battlelog with, which will be a problem if you've never played BF3 online using that old PSN account. In that case you will also have an EA account associated with your new PSN; if you can remember it, just use that new EA account to log in. If you can only remember the old one, another option is to speak to EA and get them to associate your new PSN with that account. If you'd like to login to your EA account and see which PSN account/s is attached to it, go to:

https://profile.ea.com/login.do

Once you're logged in, you'll see a section labelled "Select A Default Persona". In that section you should see your PSN account name listed, with (PLAYSTATION Network Online ID) listed underneath it in brackets. If you don't see your PSN listed like that, then you've identified your problem. At that point I recommend contacting EA directly and asking for their help in attaching your PSN account to that EA account.

TheSeks

Servers aren't PC servers. So, uh... ?

Also the Type-88 sucks this outing. I dunno WTF is up with it's "stick" for the iron-sights mysteriously disappearing in smoke but you can't see what the fuck you're hitting because of it. As well as recoil with any of the sights to where you attempt to counter it and get mown down.

Or close-range spray a dude and get killed by an assault rifle, WTF. :|

Anyway, Olimpia joined and I bailed. Sorry about that but I was only going to play a round or two since I saw Faceless on but he wasn't there. And that team annoyed the hell out of me since I was attempting to attack and most wanted to snipe. Ugh. :/

Daigoro

Guys, are there any good servers for the 360 where it doesn't devolve into a codfest?

yes, any server that has at least one decent squad that is working together towards the goal of winning the round.

be on that squad and BF plays like its supposed to.

(That I can recall)

it just takes a semi competent US team to overcome that. ive won at least the last three times ive spawned as US on Metro. just won this morning actually, had RU pushed back to A and beyond for 97% of the game.

TheSeks

Rejoined Olimipa's server cheese with the mortar. I'm surprised Olimpia's side lost that round since they won the previous round. And Olimpia didn't bother to attempt to counter-mortar me. *shrug* Oh well, 7-8 kills one of which is Olimipa for my Mortar medal.

Highlight of that round was mortaring an enemy AT mine while a tank was coming near it as it was shown on the screen.

MORTAR POP!
VEHICLE DISABLED! +50
MORTAR POP!
VEHICLE DESTROYED +100!

:D

olimpia84

Rejoined Olimipa's server cheese with the mortar. I'm surprised Olimpia's side lost that round since they won the previous round. And Olimpia didn't bother to attempt to counter-mortar me. *shrug* Oh well, 7-8 kills one of which is Olimipa for my Mortar medal.

I was too busy running around trying to make up for the uselessness of teammates like JUANEDUARDO and amazinluigi (see battle report)

TheSeks

I was too busy running around trying to make up for the uselessness of teammates like JUANEDUARDO and amazinluigi (see battle report)

Yeah, I got them like one or two times. I know someone sniped me at the first set. But I spawned as soon as the base was taken and took like 3-4 people out at that building far-side and on the front-line of defense for the first set and then just set up camp at first set and mortar popped. Sucks I can't see how close I am to hitting people with the hit marker it's just "HIT MARKER! HIT MARKER!" "YEAH BUT HOW FUCKING CLOSE TO DEATH ARE THEY!? WHERE ARE THEY!? ARGH!"

In any case, now that I've got the hard Ass Creed Brotherhood trophies out of the way it's smooth sailing to leveling (and doing Ass Creed Revelation's multiplayer trophies but those seem muuuuuuch eaiser to deal with) so I'll be coming back. But I gotta split time between BF3/BC1 (for kills)/Ass Creed: Brotherhood and Revelations (for ranking up to 50 and getting the multiplayer achievements) and then I can focus on BC1/BF3 while doing single-player at times. >_>

Gotta really knock the input lag rust off. Getting negative KDR's at times so frustrating.

Kak.efes

(That I can recall)

One of my favourite things to do if I spawn as US on conquest metro is to run into the narrow hall near B before anybody gets there, lace it with C4, run back to the stairwell, wait twenty seconds, and then detonate. It usually kills quite a few people, and helps immeasurably.

* Only works with the squad sprint ability.

Nicely done. How often do your guided missiles hit on air? I find more often than not they miss completely.

They hit quite often, but there are "wtf" moments as seen in the first few seconds of the vid.

2:17 made me laugh. :D

Mission accomplished :D

Wow, that's an awesome vid! When do you find is the best time to activate the ECM in the little bird? I've been using laser designator/flares/guided missile since the ECM never seems to work very well for me, but after watching that vid maybe I'm just not doing right.

Thanks!
I try to activate it as soon as they lock on.

BoatAck

We almost had them at the second to last set of crates. They were down to like 8 tickets when they drove the aamtrak up to the crate and armed it. I tried to suicide c4 it, but there were too many of them. At one point I was running to grab the tank and baby-sit crate B, but someone else on our team grabbed it and drove it off to god knows where.

TheSeks

We almost had them at the second to last set of crates. They were down to like 8 tickets when they drove the aamtrak up to the crate and armed it. I tried to suicide c4 it, but there were too many of them. At one point I was running to grab the tank and baby-sit crate B, but someone else on our team grabbed it and drove it off to god knows where.

Drove off to be in front of the bridge or under it. I saw him, gave chase. Lost sight of him after a bit and went back to Mortar Popping after getting taken out for harassing your team that was still near A.

I'm not even sure if I was smoking B at times since the helpful tool-tip that gets a bit annoying at times isn't showing up for Mortars anymore since the patch.

Dyno

BF3 was a slow burn for me but I've been playing it more and it's growing on me. One thing I've come to realize and respect is that this is a big, huge game. I've played almost nothing but Assault class and have earned a star on around half-a-dozen rifles. I wanted to open up some variety for when friends come over, that way they can pick from a modest variety of rifles and have a bunch add-ons for each one. All said and done that took around 10 hours and I've got nearly 300,000 points in Assault.

So that's just one class probably done only mid-way through. Now I move onto Support. It will take around 50 hours just to open all the classes up, never mind complete anything.

TheSeks

i was playing a ton on monday! played a bunch of Noshahr/Damavand/Kharg/Caspian/Firestorm to get the air vehicle unlocks. ask dave! he was around a few times!

Mmhmmm and you could've been on tonight to see that Cheesemobile hijack or get it from me, but you WEREN'T. :|

TheSeks

SPECACT is 4 skins + 4 skings for the last BC2 unlocks + achievements related to getting a few kills with them.

Dogtags are... dogtags?

is there a list anywhere on what stuff that SPECACT & Dog Tag DLC has in it?

Specact Skins
VG5cj.jpg

gT6Rs.jpg

Preorder Dogtags
OadYx.png

Lakitu

st5fu
GAF, please help.

I usually play Rush, as it's my favourite mode but it seems one of the maps I downloaded is bugged - Gulf of Oman. Every time it comes up, it never loads. Not only that, but now whatever game I pick (a completely different server and map) always leads me back to Gulf of Oman.

Is it a case of me redownloading? I'm not sure, but 2.2gb is hefty and it would probably take me all night.

TheSeks

Yeah, sounds like your patch got bugged. Redownload it, I haven't had issues with any of the maps.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Tried CoOp last night some of the missions are more entertaining than the Single Player:
Exfiltration (Or something like that) and Drop 'em like Liquid for instance.

U2NUMB

GAF, please help.

I usually play Rush, as it's my favourite mode but it seems one of the maps I downloaded is bugged - Gulf of Oman. Every time it comes up, it never loads. Not only that, but now whatever game I pick (a completely different server and map) always leads me back to Gulf of Oman.

Is it a case of me redownloading? I'm not sure, but 2.2gb is hefty and it would probably take me all night.

Try moving your download to a USB stick. Load it off there then.

olimpia84

Looking at the NPD numbers BF3 did very well this last month. Good for DICE I guess but the game is now filled with low ranked sniper noobs and oddly enough I always end up in their team.

Top Bottom