• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
RbBrdMan said:
I preordered on PC. It was in one of the 10 emails EA sent me back to back saying that the game was ready to go. I just found it today so I can understand how it could be overlooked.

However, due to the issues with the activation server I am unable to put in the code for it.

Ah I see, sadly I haven't gotten any mail regarding this :(

Darklord said:
I played bc2 at launch. It was much, much faster than this.

Again, you're complaining about how quickly BF3 and Origin are loading, not Battlelog. The server browser in BC2 was veritable shit on launch day.

Map loading is long, definitely longer than the beta, but I don't have any problems with Origin. Hopefully they can speed up the loading with a patch.

TheAzRim said:
It's not your TV, believe me.

It's not a problem with his TV, but the lag does seem to have something to do with the resolution. Demize recommended lowering it until a fix is put out.

Nabs

hahahbq7s.png

ha

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Oh, so the physical disc I just purchased can't even be installed because Origin is fucked up? Thanks, EA. Fuck you.

You know, Steam went through this back in the day as well, but there was nothing else like it at the time. These days, it's much more solid and widely accepted. If you want people to start using an alternative service you better make sure it actually works when people actually NEED it.

Menelaus

Banned
dark10x said:
Oh, so the physical disc I just purchased can't even be installed because Origin is fucked up? Thanks, EA. Fuck you.

You know, Steam went through this back in the day as well, but there was nothing else like it at the time. These days, it's much more solid and widely accepted. If you want people to start using an alternative service you better make sure it actually works when people actually NEED it.
My preload downloaded faster than anything I'd ever seen and I've been playing since Monday, you silly goose.

Megasoum

Banned
I have a question about a song you hear in the single player...

Spoilers I guess...

Anybody know what's the french rap song we hear in the car at the end of the Paris level? Not only is it in French but it actually mention Montreal (my hometown) so I'm curious!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Menelaus said:
My preload downloaded faster than anything I'd ever seen and I've been playing since Monday, you silly goose.
Good for you, the game was officially released after that and now nobody can install the damn thing.

Going to start looking for cracks to at least try the campaign (and find a way to install these damn discs).

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
subversus said:
yeah, the channel to Origin is crazy. I never get this speed on Steam.

Doesn't really matter since once you're done downloading, you can't activate the game. I don't really understand why do I have to activate a game that I bought from Origin in the first place.

Symphonic

dark10x said:

I've had far more problems with Battlelog than I've had with Origin.

GodofWine

F#A#Oo said:
Hmm I don't think I got such a mode on my TV...it is an HDTV though does 1080p...

My TV is 720P, and with my sensitivity down a little, it feels OK, OK enough I got very used to it.

No longer has that Killzone thing going on where I can't aim (which is important in a game where you, like, shoot stuff :) )

Absolutely hate that you lose all your stats on disconnects, i knifed 3 people yesterday, had to disconnect to do something, went to battlelog and nothing, i almost never have the time to play an entire 30 minute match :(. Fix this shit DICE.

Veritas_

Mr Sandman said:
Anyone having issues with firing the pistols quickly? It mostly happens with the M911, but when I fire quick the fire rate will slowdown at random getting me killed. Occasionally does it with M9 as well. Didn't do it in the beta or SP. Really glitchy and only happens in a firefight.

I roll with the 1911 Tactical, and I thought I was just imagining things but it does seem like the rate of fire varies from time to time. My frame rate is pretty stable, so I don't think that's the problem. Weird.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So what's wrong with BF3 right now? Let me list the ways:

Singleplayer/Co-op
-Half-assed pad support, doesn't even function with certain things
-Numerous graphical glitches, shoddy map work (why am I looking at low-res copy-pasted buildings 100 feet away?)
-Piss-poor scripting. It breaks easily and spawn closests are obvious too.
-Fucking atrocious contrast levels. More than once I couldn't see shit it was so dark.
-Long ass load times for numerous PC builds

Multiplayer
-Punkbuster kicks for no reason
-Rubber-banding issues on larger maps + 64 players
-Game crashes on loading on many set ups
-Game has issues alt-tabbing on my set ups
-Kill-cam still kicks you out of menus
-Quite a few maps were not properly scaled for 64 players, devolves into a clusterfuck
-Quite a few maps were clearly had CQ shoehorned in
-CQ doesn't even seem to use parts of maps that are available in rush
-Lighting effects are god-awful
-Text chat is god awful
-Shit load of icons on screen is god-awful
-Player-environment clipping
-Why am I staring at the scoreboard shit for up to 45 seconds between maps?

Why do I feel like half this shit will never be fixed? It's proof that mutliplayer games can't be reviewed before release and that journalists are full of shit.

Im sure its been discussed but man there are some simply things the devs just completely forgot to do.

Like:

- Editing classes in between matches would be nice.
- Being able to leave to the menu between matches would be nice
- tons of glitches
- The lack of an ability to jump out or over certain things is a bit annoying

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
What the hell! No matter what server I join, I keep getting kicked within a minute of deploying. It's not even like I'm lagging or anything. I even updated the punkbuster too!

Anilusion

Is the Physical Warfare pack (The DLC weapons) just early unlocks, or are the completely exclusive weapons?

Also, are there new ATI drivers?

Spl1nter

doomed1 said:
What the hell! No matter what server I join, I keep getting kicked within a minute of deploying. It's not even like I'm lagging or anything. I even updated the punkbuster too!

join the gaf server

belvedere

Junior Butler
Stallion Free said:

This.

I've never been distracted by hud elements before, but something about the BF3 hud/notifications drives me insane. It's very distracting. I'm not sure if it's the color, the ginormous chat box window, or the huge circle that pops up in the center of the damn screen but fuck.

Doctor_20

Banned
I'm getting this weird glitch on 360. Everytime I'm the gunner in a vehicle, especially helicopters, my gun will fire without me pressing anything. When I actually am firing, the gun keeps going after I let off the trigger. Anyone else?

Stallion Free said:

Singleplayer/Co-op
-Half-assed pad support, doesn't even function with certain things
-Numerous graphical glitches, shoddy map work (why am I looking at low-res copy-pasted buildings 100 feet away?)
-Piss-poor scripting. It breaks easily and spawn closests are obvious too.
-Fucking atrocious contrast levels. More than once I couldn't see shit it was so dark.
-Long ass load times for numerous PC builds

Multiplayer
-Punkbuster kicks for no reason
-Rubber-banding issues on larger maps + 64 players
-Game crashes on loading on many set ups
-Game has issues alt-tabbing on my set ups
-Kill-cam still kicks you out of menus
-Quite a few maps were not properly scaled for 64 players, devolves into a clusterfuck
-Quite a few maps were clearly had CQ shoehorned in
-CQ doesn't even seem to use parts of maps that are available in rush
-Lighting effects are god-awful
-Text chat is god awful
-Player-environment clipping
-Why am I staring at the scoreboard shit for up to 45 seconds between maps?

Why do I feel like half this shit will never be fixed?

Multiplayer

Losing all stats if you disconnect or the game kicks you out in the middle of a match
No ping indicator in score board
No free roaming if server is empty
Game broken for multi monitor users
BSOD, CTD, missing HUD for some people

Were you supposed to get the Physical Warfare pack if you pre-ordered it on Origin?

Yes, check your emails, you should have a bunch of emails that say Order Ready or something like that, one of them has the Keys for that stuff, redeem them in origin

i can't believe that i can't even download the damn game. this is unbelievable. i mean if i would care about the SP i couldn't even play that. i never buy a origin game ever again.

zephervack said:
Yes, check your emails, you should have a bunch of emails that say Order Ready or something like that, one of them has the Keys for that stuff, redeem them in origin

belvedere said:
Turns out a code was provided in the deluge of Origin/BF3 emails from EA.

Deadly said:
Yeah, check your email for the code and then add it in origin.

WOW. I almost deleted that cause I was getting repeated emails left and right from EA

Glad I saved it.
lol.gif

distrbnce said:
I couldn't be happier that I don't hate things as much as you guys.

I love this game and can't wait to get back to it.

And even though I've barely touched single-player, I don't hate QTE's and I couldn't ever imagine myself getting as worked up and... offended (?) as some of the posters in here. But I could say that about any game. After all, they're video games.

That said, I haven't had any crazy glitches either.

It's really weird to me. Do I belong here?

Finish the campaign, then come back and tell us how much you like QTE's.
:)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
MP is unplayable for me. After a few minutes i get kicked from the server.

exarkun

why did people buy the game if so many are complaining about it? I just kind of want to know if SP is fun and if the MP has some great moments. I don't trust anything the journos say about MP since I played the beta.

I'm on PS3 by the way.

belvedere

Junior Butler
exarkun said:
why did people buy the game if so many are complaining about it? I just kind of want to know if SP is fun and if the MP has some great moments. I don't trust anything the journos say about MP since I played the beta.

I'm on PS3 by the way.

It's amplified because the non-tourists are all having a great time playing it. The rest of us are either working or bitching.

That or they've never been around for a MP launch before.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
sounds like every battlefield game, praised as a call of duty killer before release, and shit loads of glitches when released, and people wonder each time why call of duty is so big, atleast most of the bugs are not existent when released just needs balance.

ashley678 said:
sounds like every battlefield game, praised as a call of duty killer before release, and shit loads of glitches when released, and people wonder each time why call of duty is so big, atleast most of the bugs are not existent when released just needs balance.

What?

belvedere

Junior Butler
ashley678 said:

292r4id.gif

marjo

I think the game is incredible. In my opinion it's the best competitive multiplayer I've ever played, by a wide margin.

It's certainly not as polished as some other games, but I'll gladly trade in some polish for the awesome scope, scale and feel.

sflufan

Banned
doomed1 said:

There is an issue with the server R5 update today in which the server may not have updated the PB files.

NEOPARADIGM said:
Don't understand why campaign isn't just a hardcore MP training mission, the kind where you could say, "If you master this, you're ready for online play." Something that shows and teaches the ins and outs of the maps, proper techniques for Rush/Conquest strategy, getting to try out all the weapons, kits and classes on each map, etc.

Seems like such a thing could only do wonders for the online community's overall noobery levels; instead of learning the maps and dicking around in a live match, players can get all that out of the way in the "campaign"; by the time they go online, it's all "Ah, I know just what to do here" moments instead of trial-by-fire/learning-on-the-fly in ranked matches.

This is far too intelligent to ever happen. This is DICE we're talking about.

What really amazes me is how useless they are at making GUIs, in a world where I can browse servers quickly and with ease using Steam, DICE is still suffering from the same problems dating all the way back to BF1942. I like how this time around they decided to not even try and just made in browser based lol. BF2s server browser still gives me nightmares.

belvedere said:
It's amplified because the non-tourists are all having a great time playing it. The rest of us are either working or bitching.

That or they've never been around for a MP launch before.

Yeah, not much time to post while we're all playing in the GAF server for hours on end.

CAPPIN CHECKS
BREAKIN NECKS

ashley678 said:

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Woo-Fu

Banned
zephervack said:
Absolutely hate that you lose all your stats on disconnects, i knifed 3 people yesterday, had to disconnect to do something, went to battlelog and nothing, i almost never have the time to play an entire 30 minute match :(. Fix this shit DICE.

You don't lose all your stats on disconnect.

If you got that message *and* lost your stats from the match your disconnect was because the server crashed. Losing stats on a server crash is understandable---though even this could probably be changed if they thought it was worth the increased server resources.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
its quite amazing how many guys on here in every battlefield thread before release said this would kill call of duty, or at least sell more. so many guys here praised this game to death on here.

the same thing happens with every battlefield release its plague with hundreds of bugs

MNC

It needs time. I have a bit of hope after having a BC2 patch a month ago, a year or so after release. Hopefully there is some support and with a game this big, EA can't afford to lose face against MW3 and not patch up their pride horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom