• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Darklord said:
Fucking hell I'm getting sick of this fucking shit browser battlelog crap. Origin takes forever to load, BF3 takes ages and then the map. It's like a good 4:30 of loading.

Edit: It's still loading. I've had time to open GAF, come in here post and edit and BF3 still isn't fucking open!

There seems to be a bug where it just doesn't actually load BF3 when you click on a server the first time you start origin. Maybe it's that? Because it usually isn't too slow.

If i load "bf3" from steam, it auto logs me into origin, loads bf3, loads battlelog and then i find a server within 30 seconds.

darthbob

Doc Holliday said:
Shit I guess you never played bf2 lol. Battlelog is a lot faster than bf2 and faster than bc2 when it comes to getting a game started.

Optimizing shaders!!

For whatever reason, Optimizing Shaders and Geometries and that shit always went up to like 60% and then just hung there.

Shit sucked.

1stStrike

Banned
Wowzers. Think I had my best game yet. 14 - 5 and came in 3rd with over 5,300 points. I unlocked the M4 for the engineer class and zomg finally - a good gun.

Note: That score is still not that great, but I suck so it's good for me :p

Darklord said:
Fucking hell I'm getting sick of this fucking shit browser battlelog crap. Origin takes forever to load, BF3 takes ages and then the map. It's like a good 4:30 of loading.

Edit: It's still loading. I've had time to open GAF, come in here post and edit and BF3 still isn't fucking open!

Leave origin open and on, saves a ton of time.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Does anyone else always get a "Battlefield 3 has stopped working" the first time loading a server and then it works after rejoining the server. It always happen to me :/

edit: I reinstalled and still get this problem

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
SteveO409 said:
Does anyone else always get a "Battlefield 3 has stopped working" the first time loading a server and then it works after rejoining the server. It always happen to me :/

Yep. Every single time it first loads on a new server. I go ahead and choose close this program. Try to launch the same server again and it works.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
One thing I don't like is how when I press shift + f1 I get the origin overlay. Is there a Battlelog overlay? Because the origin one looks sweet as fuck, but it's pretty useless when I'm playing bf3.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
RbBrdMan said:
Yep. Every single time it first loads on a new server. I go ahead and choose close this program. Try to launch the same server again and it works.
Good to know that I'm not the only one...I tried googling it but no solution

Darklord said:
I played bc2 at launch. It was much, much faster than this.

No way, I remember using All Seeing Eye as a server browser back in the BF2 days, so I was alt tabbing back and forth there anyways. The in-game server browser for BF2 sucked.

I'm pro Battlelog, I love browser launched sessions, perfect for quick rounds and not having to load up a shell program, sift through useless menus, logins etc.

Now if we could just eliminate Origin...

Nabs

Ha, you guys thought we had a smooth DICE launch for once. Today is the real launch, and now we'll all pay for it.

Doc Holliday said:
Shit I guess you never played bf2 lol. Battlelog is a lot faster than bf2 and faster than bc2 when it comes to getting a game started.

Optimizing shaders!!

Oh god lol I never wanted to change video settings just because of that

DietRob

SteveO409 said:
Good to know that I'm not the only one...I tried googling it but no solution

It's a little annoying, but at least I'm not getting kicked out of games 30 seconds in like some folks. *knocks on wood*

Grisby

Finally the story campaign gets interesting. The game overall is kinda mediocre outside some set pieces.

Music is fantastic though.

I'm also getting huge Mirrors Edge vibes too on some color schemes.

Enosh

holy shit that's a short campaign
5 maybe 6h
got the game at about 12pm, instaled until ~12:30 give or take, started playing, played 1h:12 min of MP (althrough I think that's only ingame, so doesn't count the time of server searching etc), was eating, watched an episode of the daily show and the penn and teller thingy, browsed a bit on the web and finished now at 21:20

oh and the character models of friendlies/enemies never showed up few times
the guy reloading the tank shell never showed up, on that "caspian border mission you squad mates didn't show up for a while when riding the jeep and in the last fight against Solomon he never showed up, so I was fighting a ghost...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So we are looking at 3 layers of issues here:

layer 1: punkbuster isn't even functioning
layer 2: battlelog fails to join shit half the time and then tells you to stop clicking join
layer 3: origin fails for every time those don't

F#A#Oo

Banned
BadTaste105 said:
Well a fellow Gaffer helped me earlier with input lag, he told me to turn on Game Mode which greatly reduced input lag.

On my Samsung TV the option was under Setup > General > Game Mode. It's probably different for you, IF you have it...

Just a quick search on google and it seems that this is an issue in general for people... :/

goodfella

SteveO409 said:

edit: I reinstalled and still get this problem

Yes.

sflufan

Banned
For those of you experiencing server disconnects on the PC version, there was a server-side update for PunkBuster today that appears to be causing some issues, and it's possible that the servers you're attempting to connect to have not updated yet.

Be sure that you've updated to the latest version of PB.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Sorry if this has been asked recently :

For those of us with the Limitied edition on origin, when will we get the physical warfare pack?

DietRob

Arpeggio23 said:
How do I get the Physical Warfare Pack I'm supposed to receive for pre-ordering?

Corky said:
Sorry if this has been asked recently :

For those of us with the Limitied edition on origin, when will we get the physical warfare pack?

I preordered on PC. It was in one of the 10 emails EA sent me back to back saying that the game was ready to go. I just found it today so I can understand how it could be overlooked.

However, due to the issues with the activation server I am unable to put in the code for it.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
GAF, I hope everybody knows that you can join an exact squad? Because we were raging at DICE until my friend learned how to do it. It's not obvious.

Also 64 Conquest is THE mode in this game. We tried Rush but it sucks for now.

RbBrdMan said:
I preordered on PC. It was in one of the 10 emails EA sent me back to back saying that the game was ready to go. I just found it today so I can understand how it could be overlooked.

However, due to the issues with the activation server I am unable to put in the code for it.

Thanks! I'm convinced the pack will suddenly make me good at this game.

LordCanti

The PC community server is back up. Just search for "Neogaf" on the server browser, and it should come up. Our host turned off punkbuster, so no one should get kicked anymore.

It's not an ideal solution, but I guess it's the only one they could come up with on short notice.

subversus said:
GAF, I hope everybody knows that you can join an exact squad? Because we were raging at DICE until my friend learned how to do it. It's not obvious.

we need 48 man rush :p

Menelaus

Banned
subversus said:
Thanks for telling us what our opinions should be!

Clearly CQ Large is the best, this is BF dude

sflufan

Banned
subversus said:

Well then please do share how this is accomplished seeing as how "it's not obvious."

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
subversus said:
64 CQ is THE mode for like a third of the maps. For the rest it's just a clusterfuck of poorly thought out shit.

Rush is decent on the maps that were clearly designed for it: Davamand/Tehran.

Barakov

Just finished the single player campaign. It's definitely the weakest campaign DICE has ever done. Thankfully, the multiplayer more than makes up for it. When you can get into a game that is.

distrbnce

Banned
I couldn't be happier that I don't hate things as much as you guys.

I love this game and can't wait to get back to it.

And even though I've barely touched single-player, I don't hate QTE's and I couldn't ever imagine myself getting as worked up and... offended (?) as some of the posters in here. But I could say that about any game. After all, they're video games.

That said, I haven't had any crazy glitches either.

It's really weird to me. Do I belong here?

jhawk6

360 version here and having a good time so far!

Issues me and my friends are having right now:

Have yet to be able to join a server and have the game keep us on the same squad or even the same team in some cases :(

It's difficult to tell when you are picking a flag to spawn on which one you are going to spawn on

The game is 90% of the time not showing the the A/B/C/D flag indicators blink on the map or onscreen when they are being ticked down. Difficult to tell where to go when the VO is telling you we are losing a flag but you can't tell which flag you are about to lose.

There appears to be zilch spawn grace period. Spawn on a squadmate dead before you load.

My defibrillator is sketchy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

Sometimes when I bring up the scoreboard it will stick even when I depress the back button preventing me from being able to spawn.

Should be noted we exclusively play conquest

So I need to confirm this. The mouse look in this game is severely nerfed, right? I mean, it's not just me? It seems like the faster I move my mouse, the more negative acceleration is applied.

I'm assuming they did this to slow the movements down and make them feel more weighty, but there are times when an enemy and I run right past each other and they're able to spin around much faster than I can. Or at least that's the way it seems.

Anyways, master race pro mouse users, please confirm.

Using RAT 7.

Roche

Now I'm getting "kicked by the server administrator" I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here it just happened three times in a row, is Punkbuster kicking me out for some reason or what?

mcrae

hm, got my ps3 controller working, emulated as 360 controller, but whenever im in tanks or airplanes my acceleration/deceleration (left stick y axis) doesnt work. anyone have any idea why?

edit: nvm, its mapped to a different button when in vehicles. anyone have a list of the 360 controls?

sflufan

Banned
Roche178 said:
Now I'm getting "kicked by the server administrator" I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here it just happened three times in a row, is Punkbuster kicking me out for some reason or what?

There are a shitload of issues with Punkbuster and the R5 server update that was issued today. A lot of server owners I know are turning off PB until it's resolved.

Edit: you will have to manually update PB as well just to test.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
sflufan said:
Where the devil is the "Join" button then? I've never seen it, just the one for "Deploy"

It's there, really fucking hard to see in the dumbest location possible. Below the squad menu options and slightly to the right.

I do love how partying doesn't seem to do anything in BF3. Join as a party, get split up! Which i guess could be fun if you wanna talk to each other and fuck up the entire point of the battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom