• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paertan

Can´t activate my CD-key on Origin. The windows never stops loading unless it is to say it cant connect. I was going to buy the BF3 LE for PS3 today aswell but the store was alla out. Could have gone to another but thought "oh well just gonna play the PC version today then".
This sucks.

Paertan said:
Can´t activate my CD-key on Origin. The windows never stops loading unless it is to say it cant connect. I was going to buy the BF3 LE for PS3 today aswell but the store was alla out. Could have gone to another but thought "oh well just gonna play the PC version today then".
This sucks.

Happening to me too :(

Twinduct

Come on DICE! My copy is here tomorrow, I made plans for this event!
Auth server best be up by tomorrow :<
Or I'll
have to wait and read or something

Ysiadmihi

Banned
MNC said:
I refuse to believe the campaign is worse than BC2.

It's about the same, but without the chatter between the BC squad members that added some enjoyment to BC2's.

I honestly would have preferred a campaign against bots on MP maps instead of another super-serious, heavily scripted and "cinematic" military shooter.

Manager

For new page:
BATTLEFIELD 3 KEY AUTH SERVERS CURRENTLY OFFLINE. FIX ON THE WAY.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624701213911/11/

Paertan said:
This sucks.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
"Origin activation is down at the moment. We are aware of the issue and working on it. Thank you for your patience. See news for more info"

:'(

Takes the piss I was playing it at work and loving the hell out of it, come home and cannot activate the fucking this on this PC.

gibration

Deadly Cyclone said:
Eh, a bit overboard here. I have only played the first few chapters but I like it well enough. As good as the CoD campaigns at least. The
jet
level was far better than any CoD level since the sniper mission in 4 as well.
That
jet
level was boring as fuck.

1stStrike

Banned
Man, the EOD bot has some issues. Not only does it take no damage from drops, but you can drive it INSIDE of a tank and there's no way for anyone to shoot you. I drove my EOD bot inside someone's tank, disabled it - they hopped out and then I drove the EOD bot up to them and killed them with my repair tool =\

Danneee

dark10x said:
What makes you say that? I haven't tried it yet myself, but I'm curious to know why.

Is it simply because it relies too heavily on scripting? Are the missions really that boring? I'm slightly surprised that it's so poor. I was really expecting the SP to best anything Call of Duty related, to be honest.

Apart from being buggy (grenade button not working, bodies disappearing, cant go into some rooms/do stuff before team does and so on) it's just not fun at all! Enemies kill you too quick, boring levels, graphics that seem to concentrate on contrasts between bright lights and dark surroundings and HDR effects which make enemies even harder to spot, enemies have no trouble spotting you from far away in pitch dark, weapons lack punch, no destructible environments. Even the second mission was boring as hell and that was something a lot of people was making out as the highlight of the campaign.
Sound is alright I guess. And the multiplayer is of course good.

Railer

So i played through almost a whole rush on the 360, but got disconnected before it could finish. And my stats and kills didn't save?

Whats up with that?

sflufan

Banned
Ysiadmihi said:
I honestly would have preferred a campaign against bots on MP maps instead of another super-serious, heavily scripted and "cinematic" military shooter.

Exactly! Just like every other BF game before Bad Company came along.

eemijun

Neo Member
So my save game corrupted. Anybody have any ideas to fix it. (if its even possible) I don't really want to start the campaign over again, but would like to finish it.

Edit: I'm on the 360

MDSLKTR

Megasoum said:
Once you get past the first couple of levels the BF3 campaign gets kinda fun.
True.
Megasoum said:
Hell..I would even say that it's better than any Call of Duty single player since COD4.
And also true. The campaign has its moments and there's as much fun to be had here as in the latest blops (and it's also shorter, thank god). There's variety in the missions and in the environments (mirrors edge map!), graphics and sound are godlike, the quiet moments that DICE talked about work well and some events really surprised me (
I really enjoyed the part in paris when the russian dude dies and the sound gets muffled or when the russian jet is chasing your squad in the caspian sp map)
It's at least 100 times superior than that abomination that was bc2.

vazel

Banned
gibration said:
That
jet
level was boring as fuck.
That level annoyed the shit out of me. I was literally screaming "let me control the fucking jet!". Can't believe some people go gaga over that level. Goes to show that some gamers value presentation over gameplay.

According to Battle Log Origin Activation is down, but they are aware and working on it.

EA needs to desperately add waay more Hardcore 360 RUSH servers in the US. I can never find a server with more than one open slot available. And it only 3pm EST where I'm at. I can't imagine what its going to be like when everyone gets home from school/work.

I'd have no problem playing on normal servers but the weapon balance(or maybe latency) still need some work IMO. I've lost some battles I feel as though I should've won :/

Would the activation server downtime stop me from playing online? I tried to join servers but Origin forced me into offline mode, and now it won't accept my login details at all. Yet, the Euro NeoGAF server is full, so clearly people are playing. Help :(

BadTaste

Campaign... my god it's terrible. The co-op is alright, had a few laughs when me and my friend were in the Helicopter, both of us miserable pilots.

Darklord

Banned
Fucking hell I'm getting sick of this fucking shit browser battlelog crap. Origin takes forever to load, BF3 takes ages and then the map. It's like a good 4:30 of loading.

Edit: It's still loading. I've had time to open GAF, come in here post and edit and BF3 still isn't fucking open!

vazel said:
That level annoyed the shit out of me. I was literally screaming "let me control the fucking jet!". Can't believe some people go gaga over that level. Goes to show that some gamers value presentation over gameplay.

I was thinking the entire time:"I want a Ace COmbat game with those graphics!"

vazel

Banned
dragonelite said:
/is there any way to practice chopper and jet flying in any mode?
You can try here when there's actually an open slot. I practiced my helicopter hovering skills there for about an hour in the early morning. Password is 'beadvised'.

Daigoro

MNC said:
I refuse to believe the campaign is worse than BC2.

its a lot worse for me. its truly boring me to tears whereas BC2 was just dull. this feels like a real chore to go through on my first run.

the constant monster closet QTE's are so dumb and there are so many of them (or it seems that way).

truly tedious.

Darklord said:
Fucking hell I'm getting sick of this fucking shit browser battlelog crap. Origin takes forever to load, BF3 takes ages and then the map. It's like a good 4:30 of loading.

Edit: It's still loading. I've had time to open GAF, come in here post and edit and BF3 still isn't fucking open!

Battlelog has nothing to do with how slow Origin or BF3 load.

Don't understand why campaign isn't just a hardcore MP training mission, the kind where you could say, "If you master this, you're ready for online play." Something that shows and teaches the ins and outs of the maps, proper techniques for Rush/Conquest strategy, getting to try out all the weapons, kits and classes on each map, etc.

Seems like such a thing could only do wonders for the online community's overall noobery levels; instead of learning the maps and dicking around in a live match, players can get all that out of the way in the "campaign"; by the time they go online, it's all "Ah, I know just what to do here" moments instead of trial-by-fire/learning-on-the-fly in ranked matches.

Darklord said:

4:30 is good compared to my loading times.

Kud Dukan

sflufan said:
Exactly! Just like every other BF game before Bad Company came along.

I completely agree, but then there would have been endless bitching about having to pay full price for a game with basically no real singleplayer to speak of. That's an argument I've always found funny, given that people will pay full price for a 20 hour single player game with no multiplayer, but won't pay full price for a multiplayer-centric game that you could spend hundreds of hours playing.

Mr_eX

Darklord said:

I was playing with a friend last night, when he tried to join my game battlelog decided to launch the campaign instead.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Darklord said:

Shit I guess you never played bf2 lol. Battlelog is a lot faster than bf2 and faster than bc2 when it comes to getting a game started.

Optimizing shaders!!

BadTaste

F#A#Oo said:
Hmm I don't think I got such a mode on my TV...it is an HDTV though does 1080p...

Well a fellow Gaffer helped me earlier with input lag, he told me to turn on Game Mode which greatly reduced input lag.

On my Samsung TV the option was under Setup > General > Game Mode. It's probably different for you, IF you have it...

Darklord

Banned
Doc Holliday said:
Shit I guess you never played bf2 lol. Battlelog is a lot faster than bf2 and faster than bc2 when it comes to getting a game started.

Optimizing shaders!!

I played bc2 at launch. It was much, much faster than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom