• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Corky said:
Wait, that's not how it looks right? On my screen it's still annoying but nowhere near that, does it not scale with resolution?

Also does the hud "jitter" for anyone else when they turn around and stuff?

If you play the game at a resolution near 720p, the chat box will shit in your cereal.

hylje

Getting the hang on second night, got my act together at sweet euroGAF server and boy'o it felt good.

Chatbox is irritating and I haven't found option to set gun burst fire off default.

LogicStep

The game is fucking awesome and fun as hell. But the online social aspect of it (battlelog, friends list, joining together, coop, etc.) is fucking atrocious, none of it fucking works! In this case, consoles > pc

Well, ain't that just fucking fantastic!

sk4K2.png

zazrx said:
The game is fucking awesome and fun as hell. But the online social aspect of it (battlelog, friends list, joining together, coop, etc.) is fucking atrocious, none of it fucking works! In this case, consoles > pc

All of this works except joining together. What doesn't work for you?

HotHamWater said:
Has anyone actually got co-op to work on PC?

Yup. Played the first two nights.

ashley678 said:
sounds like every battlefield game, praised as a call of duty killer before release, and shit loads of glitches when released, and people wonder each time why call of duty is so big, atleast most of the bugs are not existent when released just needs balance.

When the hell was the last time you played a Call of Duty at launch? That's a serious question. I've bought all the real Call of Duty's (IW made) at launch including COD2 at the 360 launch and they have ALL been buggy messes.

Nizz

Forgive me, I'm looking in the OP for info on that aim patch but didn't see anything. Does anyone have more info on this? Also, my copy got here a day earlier :)

*edit. Nevermind, just saw Nirolak's post. :)

VariantX

Anyone else here on X360 have their HUD disappear/go invisible upon respawning into a vehicle? Had to basically quit out through the dashboard because i cant see any hud elements to back out into the menu ingame. Second time in 2 days thats happened now

Enkidu

I must say, after playing a few rounds of multiplayer I am a bit disappointed. The biggest problem so far are the maps, there are a few good ones, but I don't feel any of them are truly great. It's also the opposite of BF2, in that game I felt the city maps were some of the best maps in the game while here the city maps are downright unplayable.

Kibbles

So how the fuck do you level up in a Jet if you don't have flares to begin with you have nothing to defend yourself from someone on the ground easily just shooting you down? I just want to unlock bombs so I can do bombing runs :(

belvedere

Junior Butler
Kibbles said:
So how the fuck do you level up in a Jet if you don't have flares to begin with you have nothing to defend yourself from someone on the ground easily just shooting you down?

Get lucky and take a few things on the ground.

Nizz

Reading that twitter response, he seems to be talking about the PC version. I hope it applies to consoles also (at least PS3)

Twinduct

Metalmurphy said:
F
UUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKK
K

This might be related to the activation problems they're experience. But I sure hope I didn't lose my code.

It's just the warfare pack right? or is it the actual gamecode?
Origin is slowly becoming slightly worse than luke-warm drinking water in my book.

I hope they fix this by tomorrow :<

belvedere

Junior Butler
So if you uninstall/reinstall do you have to re-activate? My buddy was having C2D issues and uninstalled before I could warn him about Origin activations lol.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
-SD- said:
BF3, of course. Isn't this a BF3 thread? :)
Right, they just mentioned FIFA at the same time while I was blanking out. :lol

I'll make a new thread in a moment. I want to see if they say any more in the Q&A first.

Thanks.

1stStrike

Banned
Kibbles said:
So how the fuck do you level up in a Jet if you don't have flares to begin with you have nothing to defend yourself from someone on the ground easily just shooting you down? I just want to unlock bombs so I can do bombing runs :(

Wait for some one else equally new as you to fly like a retard in the jet and shoot them with your guns, or shoot an idiot that's stationary in a helicopter. I shot down a helicopter and a jet that way earlier.

I'm 140 points away from heat seeking missiles (level 2)... if I can just get 1 disable / kill I'm good. Then life will be so much better.

-SD-

Banned
Nirolak said:
Right, they just mentioned FIFA at the same time while I was blanking out. :lol
Press release reads "FIFA 12 sold in nearly 8 million units" so I'm pretty sure they meant BF3 by "10 million".

Ryuuga

Banned
54pzs.jpg

I absolutely love playing Engineer, it'll be hard to try out a different class but I'm not averse to switching roles depending on the situation.

Nome

Metalmurphy said:
Well, ain't that just fucking fantastic!

sk4K2.png
I'm getting this too. I entered my key (for the game itself), then was asked to hit Next. The next button didn't work at all, so I restarted Origin.

Now Origin says I have "no games" and when I try to enter my key, it gives me that same error.

First and last time I buy an Origin-only game (except you, Mass Effect 3!).

Vard

Do you get spot/kill assists even when you are dead? They show up at the bottom of the screen, but if I remember correctly in BC2 they didn't actually add to your score.

I'd really like the ps3 version of the game to control the way it did in the beta. A little more responsive than BC2 but not like CoD. Currently it feels like pre-patch Killzone2.

I was having various issues so I started a repair install an hour ago. Been sitting at 100% / "updating" since then. Started and stopped it a few times, only option it gives me is "ready to install" and it never goes anywhere. So I guess I'm entering the f'd masses lol

-SD- said:
EA said that 10 million units has been shipped to retail and they are already getting reorders.

Damn BF3 is doing work. Wouldn't be surprised if it got to ~70-80% of MW3 which would be fantastic. Hopefully PC is selling gangbusters, which from the looks of how many and full servers are it sure seems like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom