• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vard said:
Do you get spot/kill assists even when you are dead? They show up at the bottom of the screen, but if I remember correctly in BC2 they didn't actually add to your score.

At one point, all points earned when you were dead in BC2 didn't count. They patched that, though. Not sure about BF3.

King_Moc

Banned
When i was installing it said my key was already used. Turns out it was because i was using an older Origin client (the beta one). Downloaded Origin again and it worked.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
creationtheory said:
I'd really like the ps3 version of the game to control the way it did in the beta. A little more responsive than BC2 but not like CoD. Currently it feels like pre-patch Killzone2.

Same here, I know it's a preference thing but it's really, really drives me nuts. I'm hoping this patch fixes it.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Origin Activation servers are down people.

Mattdaddy said:
Same here, I know it's a preference thing but it's really, really drives me nuts. I'm hoping this patch fixes it.

It's definitely NOT a preference thing. It's fucked right now.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I have to say, I really love how the knife works in this game. The animations are great (especially when you grab someone by the shoulder and they look scared out of their wits) and it allows the game to keep one hit kill knives without making them moronic like in BC2.

Shanker

Neo Member
belvedere said:
qMNpS.jpg

:( that's how it is for me. My monitor's(tv) native res is 1366x768 and the chat box fucks me over at the worst times lol

Nizz

creationtheory said:
I'd really like the ps3 version of the game to control the way it did in the beta. A little more responsive than BC2 but not like CoD. Currently it feels like pre-patch Killzone2.
Agreed. I loved the way the PS3 version controlled in the beta. I just got my copy in today and I want to try out the controls for myself. Nirolak found this twitter post though...

Nirolak said:
100% serious: http://twitter.com/#!/Thylander

It's currently interpolating time instead of distance when it hits the aim cap.
I hope it applies to the PS3 version also.

Demon Ice

Banned
So has anyone had the glitch where the controls in your jet just stop responding? It'll be flying find and then all of a sudden the entire cockpit will shake and a loud metal crunching sound will play (but there hasn't been an enemy missile hit or damage whatsoever).

After that the jet will barely respond to any inputs. Rolls at 10% speed, no mouse control, etc. It's flying like it's disabled, but it hasn't been damaged at all. Sometimes this happens immediately after takeoff.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Demon Ice said:
So has anyone had the glitch where the controls in your jet just stop responding? It'll be flying find and then all of a sudden the entire cockpit will shake and a loud metal crunching sound will play (but there hasn't been an enemy missile hit or damage whatsoever).

After that the jet will barely respond to any inputs. Rolls at 10% speed, no mouse control, etc. It's flying like it's disabled, but it hasn't been damaged at all. Sometimes this happens immediately after takeoff.

You're flying too high.

Makoto

Anyone notice that on Canals, the jet stalls at low altitudes? I've noticed that flying a jet even at moderate altitudes will make it stall on that map and that map alone.

Shanker

Neo Member
Demon Ice said:

^^ ya flying too high does it. Ceiling is around 800

I'm loving this. I don't know if I got lucky or what, but I had a string of good rush games last night where everyone was moving as a unit. The maps seem bigger, and the pace seems slower than BC2, but that might just be because I don't know my way around yet. Still, especially in the urban areas, advancing tactically as a squad and taking a street corner by corner was incredibly tense and rewarding. The sound is godly. Base jumping off that cliff is amazing!

Is there any functional use to the Battlelog 360 squad?

ACESmkII

I though I was going crazy thinking the PS3 beta had better response while aiming. Right now it feels like there is some minor input lag. I'm Glad it is going to be addressed.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Menelaus said:
I've had it happen to me at lower altitudes

Now that you mention it, I think it has happened to me on the Canal map at lower altitudes. On every other map it only seems to kick in at 1000 ft (or meters, whichever it is).

mr_nothin

Banned
So glad to hear about the aim-patch and having it confirm what I knew was going on. I knew aiming felt really weird when compared to the alpha/beta. I dont think it was placebo

Is the aiming patch for PC or consoles?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
mr_nothin said:
So glad to hear about the aim-patch and having it confirm what I knew was going on. I knew aiming felt really weird when compared to the alpha/beta. I dont think it was placebo

Is the aiming patch for PC or consoles?

What is the problem with the current aiming?

Shadybiz

1stStrike said:
Wait for some one else equally new as you to fly like a retard in the jet and shoot them with your guns, or shoot an idiot that's stationary in a helicopter.

My strategy exactly! You pretty much have to at first. I feel that my flying skills are pretty decent, but with no flares or heat seekers, I feel kind of naked out there.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
cabot said:
Except RDR was indeed 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag.

Rockstar makes/publishes the most boring games ever.

You're crazy.

RDR is one of the best games this gen.

mr_nothin

Banned
Corky said:
What is the problem with the current aiming?
It has a freaky TON of negative acceleration. The aiming patch is currently for PC (just read it). The faster you flick your mouse, the slower you move. It basically hits a certain threshold then caps the speed in which you can turn. So you're not turning exactly as you flicked your mouse.....it's almost like having controller settings on your pc.

mcrae

Demon Ice said:

yes. i thought i might be stalling the jet, or something, often times it happens aroudn 900m elevation. i only play hardcore so cant use the 3rd person view to check, not too sure what the deal is

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Detox said:
Same problem installed the game and now this when I try to launch it, their servers are fucked.
4F6oA.png
Yep, same thing here.

I at least wanted to try single player so I went ahead and cracked the damn game. Yes, I had to fucking crack a game I just purchased in order to even play it. :mad: I'll try using the original exe again when Origin starts working again.

LogicStep

Anton Sugar said:
All of this works except joining together. What doesn't work for you?

Yup. Played the first two nights.
Well battlelog itself works, it's tracking my stats etc. But I can't join a server together with a friend at all and co-op just doesn't work with a friend. I invite him, he invites me but neither of us gets the invite. It just doesn't work I don't understand. And this browser bullshit is retarded. Battlelog should be the only thing that's online through a browser, but launching the game, party management and stuff? Nah man, should be in game.

Detox

What is the activation limit? Oh and my friends battlelog doesn't show invites, he has tried on every browser and nothing. Same thing happened in the beta and alpha.

mr_nothin said:
It has a freaky TON of negative acceleration. The aiming patch is currently for PC (just read it). The faster you flick your mouse, the slower you move. It basically hits a certain threshold then caps the speed in which you can turn. So you're not turning exactly as you flicked your mouse.....it's almost like having controller settings on your pc.

Not sure if that is the reason why i suck some times :)

I'm fine with bugs, Dice obviously has a long and storied tradition of buggy BF launches, but not being able to even start the game due to Origin bullshit (when I had been playing since Monday) is really getting on my nerves. They should have had their shit sorted out first instead of using BF3 as a massive frigging test run. Meanwhile MW3 will launch with Steamworks without a hiccup. Agh.

Nizz

mr_nothin said:
Fuck, that's what I figured from reading the tweet. I hope they plan to patch the PS3 version's aiming too, from what I've read PS3's controls feel off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom