• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is anyone having 360 server issues? I fail to join games and under server browser it only shows maybe 6 or 7 games and they are always full and the default browser is set to Europe and none of the US, I check marked the US servers and still no luck.

petethepanda said:
I'm fine with bugs, Dice obviously has a long and storied tradition of buggy BF launches, but not being able to even start the game due to Origin bullshit (when I had been playing since Monday) is really getting on my nerves. They should have had their shit sorted out first instead of using BF3 as a massive frigging test run. Meanwhile MW3 will launch with Steamworks without a hiccup. Agh.

It was running fine but i think Ea isn't prepared to manage such a big launch.
Because yesterday i was in a game from origin to playing within 2 min now it looks like im only getting battlelog started in 2 min and then getting in a game taking 2 min again.
Hope when Ea upgrades or uses more server to handle the load it will improve.

mr_nothin

Banned
purple cobra said:
Fuck, that's what I figured from reading the tweet. I hope they plan to patch the PS3 version's aiming too, from what I've read PS3's controls feel off.
Well it could be a bug that affects aiming across all platforms but I wouldnt get my hopes up too much just yet

Gui_PT

purple cobra said:
Fuck, that's what I figured from reading the tweet. I hope they plan to patch the PS3 version's aiming too, from what I've read PS3's controls feel off.

You're not the first person I've seen with that complaint, so there's hope

1stStrike

Banned
lol fuck... I was totally on this tank with my jet blazing away with my guns hoping for a disable - and forgot to pull up. Crashed into the ground right next to him lol.

I think I should change my tag to "Bonzai!!!"

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Woorloog said:
Didn't someone say it crashes down automatically once the ticket count goes below certain amount?

hhOxC.png

MrBig

Metro conquest should be deleted from all the servers and never be talked about again.

e: Not able to connect to EA. 360.

Looks like others just started experiencing some connection issues. I just got booted off the 360 version. Oh well, time for some Arkham City.

Havent gotten through a game since early launch day. (Didnt get to play at all yesterday, so only two days). Got booted twice just now on 360 and now I cant connect at all. Nice.

BLU-82

Anyone else seeing MAJOR lag on Tehran?
General server lag seems bad past 2 days but that map it seems ridiculous. I can't even walk up stairs.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Apparently Karkand is targeted for this calendar year and there is a "robust set of expansion packs" targeted for the next six months.

So it seems the DLC will be coming at a pretty steady rate.

Striek

Just finished SP. Liked it generally although there was some pretty stupid shit near the end
(killing his CO and the hilariously bad looking repeated fake pedestrians in times square stood out the most).
Solid 7.5.

Atomski

MrBig said:
Metro conquest should be deleted from all the servers and never be talked about again.

e: Not able to connect to EA. 360.
Metro Conquest is hilarious though.. :p Its the perfect map for COD fans.

Hixx

BLU-82 said:
Anyone else seeing MAJOR lag on Tehran?
General server lag seems bad past 2 days but that map it seems ridiculous. I can't even walk up stairs.

Yeah its awful on that map. I was really worried it may have been a sign of things to come but it swapped to Firestorm after and it was absolutely fine. Trying to drive a tank on that map was borderline impossible.

Nirolak said:
Apparently Karkand is targeted for this calendar year and there is a "robust set of expansion packs" targeted for the next six months.

And I will be buying it since there is a server browser here. I don't support DLC in a matchmaking setting; It segments the community.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
MrBig said:

Heh, you can rack up some major points with Assault (reviving/healing) and Support giving ammo. It's pretty funny though because there are like 100 Ammo crates and 200 health packs always laying around.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Piece of shit Origin. Wish they'd just scrap it. A buggy mess. Hope the game is good. :)

Nirolak said:

Nice. Didn't they also recently specifically say they're making Expansion Packs, not just Map Packs?

snack

Nirolak said:

Sweeeeet!

MrBig

Atomski said:
Metro Conquest is hilarious though.. :p Its the perfect map for COD fans.
From what I remember of playing CoD4 that sounds about right :lol

The whole thing is basically everyone firing full auto, prone, in the ticket hall.

TCRS

Banned
Can't connect to any server on the 360. Always the same clusterfuck with Battlefield launches. Why does DICE never learn? What was the Beta stress test for?

edit: And now I lost the connection to EA Online...

Wth!?

In SP I got to the part where the
US Marine
tells you to get down on the ground and then just
shoots me.

I tried crouching, shooting, jumping pressing E nothing works...

xclaw

Anton Sugar said:
Nice. Didn't they also recently specifically say they're making Expansion Packs, not just Map Packs?

Ugh, I hope they integrate into the current game though unlike bc2 vietnam. Not really wanting to segregate community into a bunch of little subgames.

jns

The game is so much fun when you can get into an actual match and not get booted out for whatever random reason. My match of last night
assaultscore.png

I didn't plan on being a de-fib whore but everyone kept charging up the stairs into a wall of bullets and 'nades. Funny enough with me and another guy on the paddles we pushed up and won it easily.

[edit] dunno the names of the maps yet but it was the train-station one.

Desaan

E8SJW.jpg

Been trying to register for 6-7 hours now, good publicity for Origin! Let's hope it dies a very quick and painful death.

If they can't handle BF3 imagine TOR......

Darklord

Banned
Desaan said:
E8SJW.jpg

Been trying to register for 6-7 hours now, good publicity for Origin! Let's hope it dies a very quick and painful death.

Not as bad as steam was with HL2 to be honest.

jet1911

Desaan said:
E8SJW.jpg

It'S not just BF3... I'm trying to activate Alice Madness Returns and it won't let me. :(

MrBig

Desaan said:

They had a message on Battlelog saying Origin activation was down atm.

Metalmurphy said:
Wth!?

In SP I got to the part where the
US Marine
tells you to get down on the ground and then just
shoots me.

I tried crouching, shooting, jumping pressing E nothing works...

shoot him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom