• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuYuri

So I'm doing the campaign mission "Night Shift", I'm near the end when I apparently hit a checkpoint while inside a door defending the target. I die near the end and the checkpoint reloads with these results:

Door I came in (now closed):
ktquKl.jpg

Other side:
iRXBVl.jpg

Thanks alot DICE. :|

FINALBOSS

Banned
UMP was prob my favorite weapon from beta.

Unlocked it early last night and it seems like it got a little nerf. Recoil is still mad easy to control though.

CozMick

Banned
SilverBullet said:
How is the PS3 version?
Are servers working well?
Squads working fine now?

I need to know this please.

I'll tell you :p

PS3 version is amazing, servers are working flawlessly and I haven't had a single problem with joining squads.

Menelaus

Banned
Megasoum said:
Yeah he's good but nothing really special. Me and my friend have been grinding the chopper co-op mission for the G3 and he did stuff a lot crazier (and terrifying for the gunner lol) than this guy.
and yet, no video from you. HMMMMMMMM.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
BattleMonkey said:
Nothing good comes out of metro
I think it's going to take time to develop a decent strategy to play the map but so far I find it really frustrating and so I try to avoid it.

CozMick

Banned
I've been playing multiplayer all fucking day and EA are still telling me to buy Battlefield 3 to access the Battlelog, this shit is ridiculous.

noomi

I'm in love,

BF3 has met my expectations in almost every single aspect. Thanks DICE!

My only gripe is not having separate mouse sensitivity controls for vehicles types, I want my jets and helis high sensitivity but want to keep my soldier one the same.

....bf2 had this.....

Zareth said:
Man I wish they would let you make a private server so I could practice and get that good at flying choppers.

This, so much. I would love to be able to make a private server just to mess around in.

.nimrod

Just got the last helicopter unlock:

BDvR8.png

I just love the viper, it's a beast with a competent gunner and pilot. The havoc feels very clumsy and a lot less agile in comparison.
But i'm having way more fun with the choppers than the jets, feels like a rollercoaster flying at top speeds over the roads in caspian border.

EDIT: and fuck the AA tanks, they seem to be kinda overpowered when they have HSMs and can spam them all over the map

It's nice to see so many people happy with the MP.

Are the console versions worth it? I played a little of the beta on both PS3 and 360 and didn't really like it. Big improvement over the beta?

gillFTR

I got max level on attack helicopter...That shyt is so buggy npw. TV missile can kill you sometimes when you shoot, if you're enough for your TV missile to take off it also doesn't even register when you hit a moving vehicle. Guided rockets dont even work btw.

LowEndTorque said:

Are the console versions worth it? I played a little of the beta on both PS3 and 360 and didn't really like it. Big improvement over the beta?
I only played the beta for an hour or so on PS3 but I really didn't like it, and I'm a huge fan of BF:BC2. That said, I'm having a blast with the final product. I think Metro is the weakest of all the maps.

CozMick

Banned
LowEndTorque said:

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig, Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge improvement over the beta.

V-sync!

Less visual glitches (on PS3 anyway)

Graphically it's a beauty.

Server browser is amazing

Controls are tighter (although some are seeing the differences as a negative)

radicalchris

Neo Member
Playing multiplayer on the 360 and Ive noticed most of the textures are gone. everything from weapon models ammo crates, and vehicles are blurry as fuck. I installed the HD pack when I first installed the game 2 days ago and it looked good then. Seems like a texture bug or something.

Wish I could take a screen shot, but it looks like shit.

CozMick

Banned
radicalchris said:
Playing multiplayer on the 360 and Ive noticed most of the textures are gone. everything from weapon models ammo crates, and vehicles are blurry as fuck. I installed the HD pack when I first installed the game 2 days ago and it looked good then. Seems like a texture bug or something.

Hmmm, you install both discs also?

squidyj

sparky2112 said:
In the debate over not enough people playing Support, I find it very hurtful to my ego that some/many of you stay alive long enough to actually run out of ammo. :) I did it once last night and nearly had a heart attack from the sheer novelty of it. Lol.

Not enough people play support? it seems like 2-3 of every squad i'm on is playing support. Not that they drop ammo, but they play support.

Unlocks? What does doing co-op unlock?

I know for recon you get the M39 EBR

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
papersleeves said:
Jesus Christ, he makes it seem like a Sunday morning ride.

Yeah, choppers this outing is really weird and hard to control. Jets too.

Squidyj said:
Not enough people play support? it seems like 2-3 of every squad i'm on is playing support. Not that they drop ammo, but they play support.

So they aren't playing support, then.

CozMick said:
Controls are tighter (although some are seeing the differences as a negative)

To quote Demize99: You are on crack. Killzone 2 level of deadzone + acceleration = BAD. I don't care if you like it. It's terrible and needs to go back to BC2 level of controls.

Anybody know the difference between the M16A3 M16A4? I've just unlokced the 4 but battlelog links to the 3 stats and they both share the same unlocks?

Megasoum

Banned
zlatko said:
Unlocks? What does doing co-op unlock?
It's 7 weapons...from the top of my head you get the REX, the Sig Sauer Carbine (can't remember the exact model), the 93 Rafica pistol, the M36 rifle and the final unlock is the G3.

I got everything except the last two by doing all 6 co-op missions three times (easy, medium and hard)... I'm still 1/4 points away from the G3...yay grinding!

1stStrike

Banned
For those having issues with jets, try my keyboard layout. I made it "sane" as I can never do inverted. If I want to go left I press left god damn it.

It's actually very responsive and I was used to this setup within a couple flights. I'm dog fighting like a pro now.

Throttle Up: W
Throttle Down: S
Yaw Right: Right arrow key
Yaw Left: Left Arrow key
Pitch Down: Down arrow key
Pitch Up: Up arrow key
Roll Right: D
Roll Left: A
Fire: Space Bar

If you need to do inverted, modify accordingly, but this takes the mouse out of the equation and is very comfortable.

Edit: This also works well with helicopters once you get the hang of it.

So this game needs an online pass and as far as I can tell there's no trial period. How annoying. I rent games like this to see if I enjoy the multiplayer. In the case of Bad Company 2, a rental is what actually convinced me to buy the game. Guess I'm not going to get that chance with this game.

madmackem

radicalchris said:

Did you install the disc first then the hd pack?, as doing it that way is suppose to cause issue. Best to boot game install hd texture pack, go to dash and then install full disc.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
eznark said:
GTX 570, latest drivers (w/ clean install). When it does run (I can play a single multiplayer match before it locks up for instance) it looks and runs perfectly at mostly ultra settings (which is what it defaulted to).

Same problem. I'm about to revert to previous drivers and see if that helps at all.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Does anyone know what this new assignment system in Back To Karkand is?

Several websites seem to mention it, but none explain what it is.

Unity2012

Zareth said:
Man I wish they would let you make a private server so I could practice and get that good at flying choppers.

Same here... it would be nice not to die every few seconds while learning to fly those things : P

GodofWine

CozMick said:
PS3 version is amazing, servers are working flawlessly and I haven't had a single problem with joining squads.

notsureifserious.jpg

As of last night, forget trying to play with a squad of three friends, it boots at least one person from the game...just leaves you on menu screen, sending the other two into a game...no servers have more than 2 empty slots...minor lag issues (not bad)...chat is hardly working.

Squad system is a recognized issue, as is voice chat...they are working on them.

stillnotsureifserious.jpg

snack

Anybody on the Pacific coast wanna play right now? (I'm still not accepted in the West Platoon)

Add me!

Origin ID: Japanator

1stStrike

Banned
Unity2012 said:
Same here... it would be nice not to die every few seconds while learning to fly those things : P

Join a low pop server with like 4 people on it (you'd be the 5th needed to start the game). You can then, hopefully, dick around for a while without anyone bothering you.

I think my dog is really trying to get me to stop playing this game. First he chews through the wires for both rear surround speakers (which I thought was a habit he had grown out of) then he grabs my headset from the table when I'm not looking and chews off the ear-piece.

At least he's staying away from the PS3, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom