• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklord

Banned
Desaan said:
Does everyone just play fucking engineers lol?

Get in a tank - BEEP BEEP LOCK ON
Get in a jet - BEEP BEEP LOCK ON
Get in a chopper- BEEP BEEP LOCK ON

You where killed by - RandomEngineerDude

Doesn't help when the jet starts with only the main gun unlocked. (wtf?)

There is a counter measures button but I guess you have to unlock them.

Special J

Banned
Darklord said:
Why does the timer between rounds have to be so long. And you can't even change loadout or anything while it counts down.

ya its really stupid. or at least a chat window so you can talk about the game. really stupid to leave something like that out.

TCRS

Banned
I love the Type 88 :D I hate the american MG and don't particularly like the M249. The RPK is ok. Until I unlock the PKP Pecheneg I'll use the Type 88.

TCRS said:
I love the Type 88 :D I hate the american MG and don't particularly like the M249. The RPK is ok. Until I unlock the PKP Pecheneg I'll use the Type 88.
The Type 88 was good to me but I'm doing better with the M249, not sure if it's because I'm just making modest gains up the skill curve though.

Is there any resource out there that rates the weapons. I really can't make heads or tails of which weapons are better than others. Is the unlock level a weapon indicative of its value?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
bluerei said:
Don't count on it.
They might wait and see how it shakes out as more people unlock the equipment, but I expect the spam to get worse, not better. demize99 is also known to troll a little bit.

SapientWolf said:
They might wait and see how it shakes out as more people unlock the equipment, but I expect the spam to get worse, not better. demize99 is also known to troll a little bit.

Then that is the worst troll post ever. And they had all of beta to look at those stats. And QA.

It shouldn't be nerfed. It's so easy to kill them and get around mortars.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Desaan said:

I feel utterly useless in a jet because all it has is the chaingun and I can't kill anyone with it. Not sure how i'll ever level it up.

RS4-

Yeah, mortars are ok. I use it quite a bit and would say that they would remove hit notification if it was in there at the start but it isn't.

And you do show up on the map to opposing mortar teams even if no one spotted you.

Would also be a problem if they were more powerful but right now it takes a direct hit to kill.

Great for shelling defenses and control points.

Makoto

Just unlocked Extinguisher for the jet and boy did I have to do a lot for so little. Shot down several jets and disabled a few in a one round. I spent all of that round, just for the Extinguisher.

The worst thing that could happen in this game is a stats/unlock reset for whatever reason. I still stand by my claim that this game has worst unlock system of any FPS I've played.

kitch9

Banned
Cobra84 said:
A little, but a multiplayer shooter isn't much fun when you can't see your targets.

You clearly need a better tv / monitor.

Or the unlockable infra red scope which would counter all the stuff you find annoying.

I put the Campaign disc in for the first time but there seems to be a problem. The game loads, shows a cinematic scene with the bridge..I hear sirens..I then see the title ELECTRONIC arts, and then it just cuts out and goes back to the Mission loading screen again. It just repeats this non stop.

Help?

360 here

kitch9

Banned
vidal said:
Just unlocked Extinguisher for the jet and boy did I have to do a lot for so little. Shot down several jets and disabled a few in a one round. I spent all of that round, just for the Extinguisher.

The worst thing that could happen in this game is a stats/unlock reset for whatever reason. I still stand by my claim that this game has worst unlock system of any FPS I've played.

You still have your other unlocks? Just equip the ones you like?

Is that too easy?

Hixx

Relaxed Muscle said:
vehicles - Rocket that shit!

infatry - Rocket that shit!

It's a win-win siuation going with engineer.

Using rockets on infantry is stupid. The splash damage is small enough that unless you are looking at a group of 3 or 4 enemies you're better off with your gun.

I'm not noticing a lot of camping or engineering-heavy games on the PS3. Not many people play support but atm I'm fucking loving it.

Rushing back from enemy lines to get back on your side of a bridge, get shot at, hopping over a wall and sliding into prone is glorious.

Then some prone fucker watching the MCOM shot me once with his pistol and I died but I got a laugh out of it anyway.

Miggytronz

Meus Renaissance said:
I put the Campaign disc in for the first time but there seems to be a problem. The game loads, shows a cinematic scene with the bridge..I hear sirens..I then see the title ELECTRONIC arts, and then it just cuts out and goes back to the Mission loading screen again. It just repeats this non stop.

Help?

360 here

are you running the game off disk or HDD?

Sorry if old but here in Germany the media is going wild concerning Origin. It is reported that the software has many privacy infringements.

After installing Origin, you allow EA to gain acces to your PC. Not only they can gather information about installed soft- and hardware, but also IP, visited websites and browser cache and personal files on your computer.

http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/netzpolitik/0,1518,794600,00.html

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/battl...yse_zur_eula_von_ea_origin,45612,2561554.html

kendrid

Banned
Darklord said:
Why does the timer between rounds have to be so long. And you can't even change loadout or anything while it counts down.

Not being able to change the loadouts is the most annoying part. The timer gives just enough time to piss/get a drink/snack/etc. When not doing any of those it would be nice to, I don't know, customize the game.

Makoto

kitch9 said:
You still have your other unlocks? Just equip the ones you like?

Is that too easy?
I'm still unable to adequately destroy ground vehicles? Like in this game's predecessor? Battlefield 2?

The main turret (unless it's the A-10 or Frogfoot) isn't that effective against tanks. The rocket pods are the biggest joke in the game right now. I just want the flares, the heatseekers and a ground bomb or something that's actually capable of disabling a vehicle in one-hit. I just want to fly a jet like I did in BF2. But hey, DICE has to keep those carrots on the stick, so I'll keep flying if that means I'll have some adequate air-to-ground weapons.

kendrid

Banned
AndyD said:
Now you actually can get hurt by small chips of stuff flying around.

I was killed by a plane wing that was flying through the air. I saw pieces of the plane coming toward me, thought "that looks cool", then I died.

I'm getting so frustrated with this game right now. Like someone said earlier when its good, its gooood. When its bad, its just baaad. And not necessarily because of lack of teamwork. Broken Melee, RPG and Launcher spam, inconsistent controls (jumping some rails doesn't work). I don't know if I can call this a problem, but the Random Spawn in TDM is literally random. You spawn and an enemy can spawn in that same spot seconds after you. (I was thrown into TDM by matchmaking, probably my last time ever playing that gametype)

First time I got a headache playing a game in a while. Will try again tonight.

EDIT: BTW, are there any levels with ATVs?! I miss those from BC2

kitch9

Banned
Deadly Cyclone said:
I feel utterly useless in a jet because all it has is the chaingun and I can't kill anyone with it. Not sure how i'll ever level it up.

I felt the same, but you only need one kill for the flares.

Join a small server get the plane and try to strafe ground targets when they've been spotted.

Nizz

CozMick said:
Controls are tighter (although some are seeing the differences as a negative)

TheSeks said:
To quote Demize99: You are on crack. Killzone 2 level of deadzone + acceleration = BAD. I don't care if you like it. It's terrible and needs to go back to BC2 level of controls.
I'm with TheSeks on this. There's no way the controls are tighter. Beta controls were tight. The final game's controls? Bad, pretty bad. It's fine that CozMick is cool with the controls but for a lot of people (from what I've read of other forums) they're a problem.

Guesong

Deadly Cyclone said:

I'm in the same boat. Chopper and Jets really need unlocks to be effective so I feel detrimental to the team if I'd hop in one so I don't.

And when I do I get destroyed because there's so many rockets and stuff.

Blargh.

cdyhybrid

On the discussion a page or two back about running out of mines or RPGs, I usually just suicide when I run out :jnc If I'm not actively capturing a point, I'll just suicide to refill since I don't care about K/D. I end up suiciding a lot because I often have to spend 4-6 stingers (with EXPL) spec to take down a single jet, and there are always more jets or choppers to shoot down. It means I get 6 more tank mines, which is great. I end up covering every road in mines by the end of the round :p

kitch9

Banned
vidal said:
I'm still unable to adequately destroy ground vehicles? Like in this game's predecessor? Battlefield 2?

The main turret (unless it's the A-10 or Frogfoot) isn't that effective against tanks. The rocket pods are the biggest joke in the game right now. I just want the flares, the heatseekers and a ground bomb or something that's actually capable of disabling a vehicle in one-hit. I just want to fly a jet like I did in BF2. But hey, DICE has to keep those carrots on the stick, so I'll keep flying if that means I'll have some adequate air-to-ground weapons.

It would be massively unbalanced to have the game setup as you say. You can disable a tank with one burst of the cannon, and a few more hits will destroy it.

Feels about right to me... It gives any engineers chance to fix any damage you've caused while you turn round.

Holy shit (this was me btw).

Managed to steal the Abrams from the enemy when he tried to repair and spent the whole game absolutely destroying people. Almost the whole other team went engineer, but me and my gunner would jump out and repair up and for some reason noone shot us.

Desaan said:

Bwahahaha

That is Caspian right there.

JimmyBoy

Sorry to be a bother because I'm sure i saw it somewhere before but does anyone have the controller mappings for a 360 controller on PC for the Jets/Helecopters...as if you were playing on an 360? The default mappings feel so wrong to me.

Makoto

kitch9 said:
It would be massively unbalanced to have the game setup as you say. You can disable a tank with one burst of the cannon, and a few more hits will destroy it.
You can't disable a tank with one burst of the turret unless it's the A-10 or Frogfoot. Since I couldn't care less about Rush, that leaves me with the Hornet and the Flanker and I know that it takes a whole lot more than one burst to disable a tank.

It's a pain in the ass having to jump through so many hoops just to unlock air vehicle shit. I still have two more unlocks to go before I unlock the guided missile (which from I've seen is actually able to disable vehicles in one splash). The unlock system is awful and there's nothing satisfying about unlocking these air vehicle unlocks. It's a fucking grind.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
vidal said:
You can't disable a tank with one burst of the turret unless it's the A-10 or Frogfoot. Since I couldn't care less about Rush, that leaves me with the Hornet and the Flanker and I know that it takes a whole lot more than one burst to disable a tank.

It's a pain in the ass having to jump through so many hoops just to unlock air vehicle shit. I still have two more unlocks to go before I unlock the guided missile (which from I've seen is actually able to disable vehicles in one splash). The unlock system is awful and there's nothing satisfying about unlocking these air vehicle unlocks. It's a fucking grind.
Jets are supposedly getting a buff but it looks like they're primarily anti-air units in BF3. Choppers are better for anti-ground.

does anyone here use the M27/RPK extensively? What do you guys think of those guns? I've been using them thinking that they're more inline with assault rifle accuracy than LMG, but i'm not sure

Seanspeed

Banned
kendrid said:
I was killed by a plane wing that was flying through the air. I saw pieces of the plane coming toward me, thought "that looks cool", then I died.
Haha. Yesterday I had a low-flying jet flying overhead and it started getting out of control(think it got hit). I was laughing for a second, until it took an unexpected turn in my general direction. At first I was like, "shit", but then when I saw it was coming right for me, I was like "SHIIIIT!" and started freakin. Plane hit me pretty much dead on and killed me. Sucked, but it was a pretty cool moment regardless. And it made me think: is suicide bombing a legit strategy for jets considering how hard it is to be effective with them at low levels?

Dyno

BACK TO SQUARE ONE

Man do I suck at BF3. I grew to be quite skilled at other Battlefields but it's the new maps and lack of scopes make each kill very hard to get at this point. As well there is a little too much HUD on my screen, especially when you are near a flag in Conquest.

Sigh. I'm going to have to give this some time if I'm going to hold my head up high.

I just had the best ending to the game. Note: There are spoilers.

At the very end of the campaign when I am fighting Solomon in Times Square an amazing glitch happened. Solomon's body model never loaded properly. I was having an intense fist fight and getting the crap knocked out of me with just myself. I threw myself onto the police car and then grabbed the rock and beat a non-existant person to death. It reminded me a lot of that one fight scene in Fight Club near the end of the film.

I wish I was recording to so other could see my character's mental state break down. The M. Night Shyamalan twist was that there was no Solomon, he was in fact just me. Blackburn has PTSD after seeing his comrades killed and was living two personalities in order to redeem himself. Woah.

mr_nothin

Banned
Ha..
Sort of able to edit Color Correction, add vignette, adjust FXAA to my liking (how much and exactly where to apply it), add sharpness, etc. About to see if I can add DoF/Motion Blur (seperate from the in-game)

Quick test, it's a little dark and drab but it's just a test
In-game while playing:
ib05EvEunC4JNK.bmp

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Man I freaking love the Type 88. I've only got the stock gun with no attachments right now and I'm doing really well with it. I can't wait to find out what happens once I unlock a foregrip and some sights. Of course the one game I played with it on the GAF server the freaking server crashed right before the round ended and my stats weren't saved :(

Thank you physical warefare pack!

Quicksilver4648 said:
Ending spoiler glitch
Serious response: I had the exact same thing happen to me. It looked like I was
fighting a ghost
. I was confused as hell until I realized something was wrong and reloaded the checkpoint. Everything proceeded as normal from there.

Less serious: The really cool part is that
Montes wasn't real either! Blackburn may not have even been in the military!

I am in love with mines.

Rushing to some point, putting them everywhere on the road, wait for jeep full of people to drive right into them and watch them explode, so good. Had some great games on the GAF Europe server today, metro conquest should be fucking destroyed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom