• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Yeti said:
Conquest on Operation Metro is a disaster. It amazes me that they actually made a map so bad.

It really is terrible, I have played a lot of shitty online maps in games but that one is certainly up there with the worst, when I played the beta and alpha I expected that they would make many more flags around the city, but no, just really one that is fought for in the middle with lots of missile and grenade spam.

Atomski

Calibur said:
Please can they add a Quit game option after a match is finish, it just seems odd that i have to begin a game to quit out!
PC version has an option.. all you need to do is hit the esc button. Im guessing your console though? just go to dashboard or something.

Ostinatto

what about PS3 Conquest Noshaar Canals?

Russians have C ans B right besides the base, US have to take the slow-boats to get the A flag

also, only russians have tanks in that map. :/

Makoto

-Yeti said:
Conquest on Operation Metro is a disaster. It amazes me that they actually made a map so bad.
Yup and I personally want it removed from the game. In the mainline Battlefield series, I don't think there's ever been a worse Conquest map than Operation Metro.

Atomski

Kylehimself said:
I used to be able to fly helicopters in BC2. Can somebody explain to me how the new controls work in comparison to the old?
Mouse/right stick pivots craft in each direction. wasd and left stick rotate left to right. Simple as that.. I honestly dont remember BC2 being any different but maybe I forgot.

1stStrike

Banned
Kylehimself said:
I used to be able to fly helicopters in BC2. Can somebody explain to me how the new controls work in comparison to the old?

PC or console? I've been flying on PC via keyboard only and the helicopters are "heavier" than BC2. You have to compensate for the weight of the helicopter when flying and can't just whip it around and not expect the momentum to disorient you or drag you down.

That being said, they're still very maneuverable - you just need to adapt to the weight and feel of flying in one. I've gotten pretty good at them with the only real issue being that most of the time your team doesn't support you so you end up focus fired, which is nothing new in any FPS.

Man, I really want to play this games Mp, but I rented it from gamefly, so I can't. I don't want to just blind buy a $60 dollar game for some multiplayer that I'm unsure on. If any Gaffers have a spare code or something it would be awesome if you could send me one, so I can play it for myself. Game's campaign by the way is like COD, but way more linear. I can totally tell that I am being led down hallway after hallway in this game. And lol at the Rat stabbing QTE.

Atomski said:
PC version has an option.. all you need to do is hit the esc button. Im guessing your console though? just go to dashboard or something.

I've done this (PS3 Version), but the match you quit out of still goes into your battlelog and the result is added to your W/L Ratio, which is super annoying. I agree that the console versions need a way to quit out between rounds.

Dina

.nimrod said:
Release them when you hear the high pitched fast beeping noise, that's when the missile is on it's way

Do planes/helis make a different sound if it's locked on and if the rocket is fired?

1stStrike

Banned
Dina said:
Do planes/helis make a different sound if it's locked on and if the rocket is fired?

Yes, it's very distinct. There's the locking on sound, the locked on sound, and then OH SHIT FLARES sound. The OH SHIT FLARES sound comes after the solid tone if they get off missiles.

Anyone having issues with getting the correct dog tags from previous Battlefield games. I'm not getting getting tags for 2142 or BF2. I contacted their chat support and this was the result:

You are now ready to chat with Peeyush.
you: Hi
you: I'm having a problem with the dog tags in Battlefield 3
you: Are you there?
Peeyush: yes I am here
Peeyush:
Peeyush:
you: Okay. So I have the dog tags for owning Battlefield Bad Company 2, and I have the dog tag for Battlefield 1943, but I don't have the tags for 2142 or Battlefield 2 and I own and have played both of those games online.
Peeyush: Since I am not getting any response from you side, I am disconnecting this chat as other customer waiting, please fell free to initiate new chat session.
Peeyush: Have a nice day !
Peeyush: Bye ! "smile"
The chat session has ended. Please contact us again if you need further hel

So poor.

Is there any way to unbind ~ from bringing down the console? I've always used it as my push to talk key :< (sorry if this has been brought up already)

Marvie_3

Banned
Red Blaster said:
They've gotta find some way to make more people play assault and support. Way too many goddamn engineers.
I play those two the most because of all the easy resupply/heal points. :lol

1stStrike

Banned
Red Blaster said:
They've gotta find some way to make more people play assault and support. Way too many goddamn engineers.

Engineers get guns that are just about as good as assault and they don't get caught with their pants down by tanks and aircraft - so they can maximize their damage potential. For most players, this is going to be preferential. I admit to being an engineer whore myself (ever since BC2), though I'll play assault or medic eventually most likely after I've unlocked everything for engineer.

zlatko

Banned
JB1981 said:
i knew it was going to be a video of him spawning and dying

Isn't that ALL of his videos that aren't NFL ones? xD No matter the game it's him running around getting shit on against campers.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
This sucks....the only way to get rid of that annoying "BF3.exe has stopped working" whenever I join a server for the first time is to go to Properties, run in compatability as Windows XP service 3. My FPS really takes a hit when doing it(normally 50 on auto then 30 on XP mode)

Dina

1stStrike said:
Yes, it's very distinct. There's the locking on sound, the locked on sound, and then OH SHIT FLARES sound. The OH SHIT FLARES sound comes after the solid tone if they get off missiles.

Well that's disappointing.

1stStrike said:
Engineers get guns that are just about as good as assault and they don't get caught with their pants down by tanks and aircraft - so they can maximize their damage potential. For most players, this is going to be preferential. I admit to being an engineer whore myself (ever since BC2), though I'll play assault or medic eventually most likely after I've unlocked everything for engineer.

They need some sort of nerf. I dunno, reduce rocket splash damage to basically zero so you can't use them against infantry (like in BF2)? Shorten the range of their weapons maybe?

Makoto

Red Blaster said:
They need some sort of nerf. I dunno, reduce rocket splash damage to basically zero so you can't use them against infantry (like in BF2)? Shorten the range of their weapons maybe?
That.

Make rockets direct hit or nothing.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
The_Monk said:
Just got a code from Amazon.uk for some skins. Anyone got this? My game will only arrive on Monday so I have to wait to check it.

Another question, the DLC coming on December, for people who got Limited Edition is going to be free, right?

Thanks GAF.

I'm not sure what the skins are for amazon since I preordered mine from Origin.

The DLC in December is the Back to Karkand maps that come free with the Limited Edition. I think it's something like 10 or 15 bucks for those that didn't get Limited edition.

Red Blaster said:

That's because there are way too many goddamn tanks. I don't want to be an engineer but I'm forced to due to the map design.

Atomski said:
Mouse/right stick pivots craft in each direction. wasd and left stick rotate left to right. Simple as that.. I honestly dont remember BC2 being any different but maybe I forgot.

1stStrike said:
PC or console? I've been flying on PC via keyboard only and the helicopters are "heavier" than BC2. You have to compensate for the weight of the helicopter when flying and can't just whip it around and not expect the momentum to disorient you or drag you down.

That being said, they're still very maneuverable - you just need to adapt to the weight and feel of flying in one. I've gotten pretty good at them with the only real issue being that most of the time your team doesn't support you so you end up focus fired, which is nothing new in any FPS.
Cheers for the responses chaps. Should have noted I'm on 360. I play PC too, but I never have and probably never will try and pilot on PC.

Atomski, if memory serves BC2 on console at least, used the bumpers / R1, R2 to rotate it.

The_Monk said:
Just got a code from Amazon.uk for some skins. Anyone got this? My game will only arrive on Monday so I have to wait to check it.

Another question, the DLC coming on December, for people who got Limited Edition is going to be free, right?

Thanks GAF.
It's just a bollocks camo. I was expecting something akin to the BC2 specact kit as the name suggest.

Marvie_3

Banned
Red Blaster said:
Yes please. Played a round of rush this afternoon and half the opposing team did nothing but spam rockets the whole time.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Enkidu said:
That's probably how it plays out on Rush. However on Conquest it's just a big ass tunnel with OMG EXPLOSIONS and PEW PEW PEW going on all around you. It's a horrible map. The sad thing is, if they had just added two small paths with a flag each going around the tunnel it could probably have been a really cool one.

True was on rush, don't play much conquest prefer rush by a mile.

Zeppelin

Red Blaster said:

Agreed. I play as engineer myself but with the explosives upgrade is pretty silly - a fuckton of mines and RPGs. That said, the Igla/Stinger is pretty useless imo.

Atomski

Marvie_3 said:
I play those two the most because of all the easy resupply/heal points. :lol
Yep same here.. I like playing as a support class. Only time I play engineer is when me and a friend are in a tank together.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
zlatko said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h0Hq87-tVo

More vids of presador making me laugh.
He should really play conquest. Camping in that game is alot harder and if you're on a competitive team, then things like spawn dying and camping is harder to back up.

In the meanwhile, I really, really, REALLY wish I had smoke grenades. I'd even give up a specialization slot to have them. Covering movement would make problem areas in some maps so much easier, but the only specialty that has smoke is Assault, and no one in that class uses smokes.

Enosh

doomed1 said:
He should really play conquest. Camping in that game is alot harder
why?

and spawn dying as an issues
there have been countless times when enemies are pushing from one side on a flag, I spawn on it since none of my squad mates are nearby/alive and the game spawns me in the middle of their attack instead of on our side

and I played some TDM, spawns are a joke, I had an ally and an enemy spawn in the exact same spot 2s apart
TDM would actually be quite fun if it wasn't for the shitty spawns

oh and for all the lurkers, people new to BF etc:
press motherfucking Q, the game won't ban you, trust me

StevieP

Banned
Y2Kev said:
OMG the fighter mission is the coolest cutscene I've ever played

I took a nap for the first 20 minutes of that 20 minute cutscene. When I looked up, my screen was still covered in lens flares and dust specs so I knew all was well. I hope mr_nothing releases that visuals patch ASAP!

1stStrike

Banned
Dina said:
Well that's disappointing.

Yeah, you absolutely know when you're being targeted and when you've been locked onto/had missiles shot at you so good luck shooting down any decent jet pilot. The flares will rend your stinger missile useless, or they can just fly up above 800 feet to get out of range of your lock on.

I've only been shot down by someone on the ground once in all the time I've flied. Infantry can't really do jack shit to jets. Save your stingers for helicopters, who are much easier to shoot down. If you're close to them even if they fire flares it probably won't save them.

Keasar

I still honestly consider veichle unlocks the most retarded thing in the whole game. I have to personally throw myself against people over and over in jets and choppers until I unlock flares, a basic defence mechanism against the now tons of AA missiles everyone got. I barely get a kill, or even points for that matter, each time I fly cause before I am away, I am shot down by the enemy missiles. :/

Dreaver

So, I played the multiplayer for 2 or 3 hours tonight.

The game certainly improved compared to the beta. The game is smooth(er) and plays better. Sadly the game still suffers from lag (which is because of the first week I suppose). The graphics are acceptable but not that good, except for a few moments maybe.

Some stuff is really a mess... Like the customization, unlock able stuff and parties. The controls are shit as well. The game feels less polished all together and plays worse then Bad Company 2 in my opinion.

However, sound design is phenomenal, the game feels WAY better balanced (less health pool, weapons are more balanced). Destruction is fun. Also the maps... Oh my god I love them. They're freaking great (I still need to play a few though)!

All together the game is certainly fun and will be a nice multiplayer game for a while (together with Modern Warfare 3). They certainly did certain things way better this time. It's sad the game doesn't live up to the hype in certain ways (at least for me).

But hey... I have to keep in mind it's actually a PC game and it's a nice thing it even released on the Xbox.

MrBig

Wow, the Helicopter co-op mission helped a lot for learning how to pilot helis. I went from crashing them just after getting in them to actually being competent.

Lackmus

Banned
Ok, I bought a russian ex digital download with language changer from G2play.com

Could easily type in the codes in my origin account with no problems. I downloaded the whole 10 GB game with 8mbit/s :)/) and now the campain wont even start.

All I see is a shiny red and blue infected New york with a tank screen and nothing more is happening. I can open the console tho, is there any command in order to try starting the game?, does anyone more have this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom