• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklord

Banned
I hope we get another BF campaign like this but fixed. Some moments have been amazing but it feels more like an interactive movie rather than a game. I want more control and experience these incredible scenes myself.

Twinduct

Enkidu said:
Based on that map this is my suggestion for fixing Damavand:
6wBsq.jpg

Based on how it played out you could perhaps somehow limit the tanks so that they are unable to take the side routes so that holding the tunnel would still be important. You could perhaps even add a maintenance shaft into the tunnel from above, leading to another way to assault C.

God we need to get this on Reddit or atleast on some public platform where the devs/ masses can see it.

RS4-

What would be fucking awesome is to be able to use a touch screen as a secondary map to draw strategies and angles of attack and such.

Izayoi

Banned
bluerei said:
It shouldn't be nerfed. It's so easy to kill them and get around mortars.
Yeah. Extremely easy to find and kill mortars, as well as take cover from them. You can hear them coming from a mile away (literally).

I am not able to see pings in the server browser on PC. I saw pings there once or twice, and as soon as I refreshed they were gone. Anyone else not seeing pings? Any tips on how to get pings to show up? I tried all three browsers, freshing, waiting, logging out and logging back in.

Special J

Banned
ace3skoot said:
thats to bad :( i'm jumping in tomorrow hopefully they quick fix this, as that really is game breaking -_-

thanks for the reply pal, i only wish you had better news!

its crazy i see that and that to me is completely unplayable but some how people still enjoy it on ps3 im baffled. i guess most ppl play for fun not caring about score, im not like that tho. but then again alot of people played kz2/3 and they had even worse controls than this.

looking at this video tho the deadzone is actually very small because when he flicks the analog the movement is less emphasized its because of some kind of input averaging like mouse smoothing imo. But i think it just has to do with the underlying engine because so much of it is deferred so there is just frame latency associated with the game that can never really be fixed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naNUeDtWv5k

Seanspeed said:
Haha. Yesterday I had a low-flying jet flying overhead and it started getting out of control(think it got hit). I was laughing for a second, until it took an unexpected turn in my general direction. At first I was like, "shit", but then when I saw it was coming right for me, I was like "SHIIIIT!" and started freakin. Plane hit me pretty much dead on and killed me. Sucked, but it was a pretty cool moment regardless. And it made me think: is suicide bombing a legit strategy for jets considering how hard it is to be effective with them at low levels?

Haha that's awesome.

And yeah suicide bombing is how I learned to kill tanks. Just fly very high and come down on the objectives and pray someone spots a tank. If you spot one just burst until it dies/you crash into it. Eventually you'll figure out when to pull out up. Now I can burst them and pull up in time not to suicide bomb. :)

Made getting the first few unlocks quick work.

bronote: Servers with ~8-10 people in them are a lot easier to find planes in than fully populated ones.

Aegus

Just played Metro Conquest for the first time.

/Idontwanttoliveonthisplanet.gif

Did they even test Metro Conquest? Dumbest map ever.

commish said:
Okay, dumb question coming.

How do I change my controls and set up my loadouts outside of an actual game? Is there an option or a title screen I'm just missing?

PC version of course.

You can change your controls in the profile config in My Documents/Battlefield 3.

The Faceless Master said:
i only recently unlocked them, but i got a few easy kills putting them in doorways where people would normally just walk thru without thinking about it.
Good to know. I'm about to get them and I can use all the easy kills I can get. ;)

Everyone's raving about the Type 88. Maybe I'll go back but I'm enjoying the M249. Are they equal as far as range, stopping power, etc.? I wish I had a way of meaningfully comparing the weapons to each other.

FINALBOSS

Banned
OK.

MULTIPLAYER > QUICK MATCH > SWITCH TO RUSH > GO - NEVER FUCKING WORKS

It's like 1/10 times it works. It's always "Lost Connection to Server"

What the hell

woober

Darklord said:
Why is the comma rose so fucking useless? I can barely hear the orders I'm saying let alone anyone else.

It's definitely a last minute feature they rushed to add in. It's not even properly functioning right now, which is frustrating. This stuff was in past battlefields, how hard is it to implement!?

GodofWine

Special J said:
its crazy i see that and that to me is completely unplayable but some how people still enjoy it on ps3 im baffled. i guess most ppl play for fun not caring about score, im not like that tho. but then again alot of people played kz2/3 and they had even worse controls than this.

looking at this video tho the deadzone is actually very small because when he flicks the analog the movement is less emphasized its because of some kind of input averaging like mouse smoothing imo. But i think it just has to do with the underlying engine because so much of it is deferred so there is just frame latency associated with the game that can never really be fixed.

I turned down the sensitivity 2 clicks, and its much better IMO. I hated it the first time I played it, now I dont even notice that issue...perhaps my 720p plasma helps too, I'd not want to play on many LCD's out there as they a laggy in some cases.

(now fix the the servers / squads / chat!!)

Special J

Banned
d. peak is unsalvageable as a conquest map, to fix it would requires huge changes, map mismatch problems and essentially a patch with a large filesize because it would be the entire map. would just be annoying for consoles (i play on pc).

even with those changes it would still be d. peak with extra tunnels. servers that serve conquest should just remove that map from their rotation or have it extremely infrequently for lulz.

effort would be better just creating a new map.

gibon3z said:
Quick question. Is there a fix for when the game gets minimized and crashes ?
Seems to happen at the most unfortunate times.

if its a legit crash that's driver related, if its a disconnect its either punkbuster/web browser(use chrome its most stable with the plugin)/server went down/or you were kicked

Twinduct

Special J said:
d. peak is unsalvageable as a conquest map, to fix it would requires huge changes, map mismatch problems and essentially a patch with a large filesize because it would be the entire map. would be just be annoying for consoles (i play on pc).

even with those changes it would still be d. peak with extra tunnels. servers that serve conquest should just remove that map from their rotation or have it extremely infrequently for lulz.

A new map that includes a 500m high rise?! :p

Nizz

Special J said:

I've read some people actually like the controls. I sure as hell don't :( The deadzone definitely feels big. Deadzone/input lag is just terrible in this game. It had to have happened as they were doing graphical passes on the game. The beta controls were so good. I really hope they take care of it soon. It makes enjoying the game tough to do, especially MP.

know what's Terribad?

Conquest24/Conquest32 Noshahr Canals

it's totally stacked for Russia!

Russian base is a stone's throw away, so even if you have all the flags as USA, they get a fresh stream of troops and tanks. TANKS!!!

EDhGK.jpg

Special J said:
d. peak is unsalvageable as a conquest map, to fix it would requires huge changes, map mismatch problems and essentially a patch with a large filesize because it would be the entire map. would just be annoying for consoles (i play on pc).

if its a legit crash that's driver related, if its a disconnect its either punkbuster/web browser(use chrome its most stable with the plugin)/server went down/or you were kicked

Never gives me a driver issue. It just minimizes the game, I try to click on it and game wont maximize.

Go on task manager and it states its not working. :/

Izayoi

Banned
Canals is balanced on 32 because of the Little Birds. Only thing that maybe needs to be changed is lowering the respawn time.

Arnie

Game keeps telling me I haven't touched campaign when I was four missions in, what is this bullshit? I don't want to start again, I want to resume where I left. Ridiculous.

.nimrod

The Faceless Master said:
know what's Terribad?

Conquest24/Conquest32 Noshahr Canals

it's totally stacked for Russia!

Russian base is a stone's throw away, so even if you have all the flags as USA, they get a fresh stream of troops and tanks. TANKS!!!

http://i.imgur.com/EDhGK.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Rush on the second set is also a joke, the defenders get an AA tank while the attackers just have transport choppers -.-

Izayoi

Banned
Arnie said:
Game keeps telling me I haven't touched campaign when I was four missions in, what is this bullshit? I don't want to start again, I want to resume where I left. Ridiculous.
Do you have cloud saving enabled?

The_Monk

Just got a code from Amazon.uk for some skins. Anyone got this? My game will only arrive on Monday so I have to wait to check it.

Another question, the DLC coming on December, for people who got Limited Edition is going to be free, right?

Thanks GAF.

Kak.efes

When's the best time to release flares when you're missile locked, and warnings are popping up everywhere? I can't get a good gauge for it.

Calibur

Please can they add a Quit game option after a match is finish, it just seems odd that i have to begin a game to quit out!

.nimrod

Kak.efes said:
When's the best time to release flares when you're missile locked, and warnings are popping up everywhere? I can't get a good gauge for it.
Release them when you hear the high pitched fast beeping noise, that's when the missile is on it's way

Calibur said:
Please can they add a Quit game option after a match is finish, it just seems odd that i have to begin a game to quit out!
Alt+F4 if you're on PC

Mafro

Calibur said:
On PC you can pres Esc and it lets you quit after a round on the scoreboard screen.

Arnie

Meant to be reviewing this. Going to be great when I say my campaign progress just magically disappeared, not playing through all that shit again, was a linear chore the first time. Fucking hell DICE.

Kyaw

Spl1nter said:
Why you got to post this shit. I like dominating in the air.

Only when you have two jets in the air on your team and me alone. :(

I actually think the rocket pods are far more useful than Air to Ground missiles.
Full salvo of rockets can disable a MBT. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom