• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dug

Banned
Dakota47 said:
Got my medic dog tags.
3AQmK.gif

23movpx.jpg
Could you get the BF2 tag on 360 for playing it on PC?

mr_nothin said:
Going off of Demize's latest tweets, it seems as if there's a lot of commotion at the DICE
offices about what balances need to made and what needs to be changed. Seems like the
upcoming patch(es) could be bringing a lot of change.

Also, they'are considering nerfing the stingers some too.

Nerfing the stingers is probably the easiest way to buff Jets, something they've also expressed interest in.

Makoto

1stStrike said:
Good point, I hadn't thought of that - probably because most people don't ever use the AA.
I need to go to the servers you go to. Every server I'm in, someone gets to that Mobile AA before I do. And it infuriates me.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I really hope DICE considers revamping the squad management and loadout interfaces. All they really have to do is bring back BC2's.

mr_nothin

Banned
1stStrike said:
That's funny because they're apparently buffing jets. So, now stingers will be even more useless
KuGsj.gif
They are probably debating whether to either buff jets or nerf stingers. Jets do need a little
big more buffing though. They need a better connection to what's going on, on the ground.
Bombs would have helped with that.

Maybe the machine guns will be more powerful against infantry or something. Also, they gave the UMP a buffing too.

I wonder how much of this is going on behind the scenes. You know they can change all the
weapon balances and stuff w/o the need for anyone to download anything. They could be making tons of changes to the weapons without most noticing.

Red Blaster said:
Stringers don't need to be nerfed, air units just need to be able to take more damage before becoming disabled.
I think they need to be nerfed but not when it comes to actual damage. The distance in
which they can lock on needs to be toned down or something. Maybe there needs to be
more of a cool down period. Tired of the constant beeping anytime you take to the air.

Also when asked about how to avoid heatsinking missles:
Demize99 Alan Kertz said:
They are pretty damn good at getting in close on you, though coming up they won't be 1 hit disable
Horray, more interesting dog fights to be had!

Dug said:
Too bad I have Battlefield 2 on Steam so I can't redeem the CD key on Origin. Thanks EA.

Dont you still have to have an EA login for it? Like BFBC2 does.....

I am still wondering how I update my veteran status to include Battlefield play 4 free.

1stStrike

Banned
vidal said:
I need to go to the servers you go to. Every server I'm in, someone gets to that Mobile AA before I do. And it infuriates me.

Hah, just follow me around. I get chased by someone, fly over my base - and not a peep. So, I try and dodge and weave, most of the time I get away, but not always. If I had some support we could make light work of anything. Someone on the AA + another jet to back me up. I've seen it on the opposing team, but never on my own.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
soulassssns said:
Yes, You have to have your battlefield "veteran" status up to date.

I forgot about that. Went to the website, and took me like 10minutes of attempts to remember the Gamespy login/pass, but i have BF2 veteran now!

Keasar

1stStrike said:
It's only 250 points to get em, though. If you've gotten a vehicle disable then you have at least 100 points - which is like 1 more disable and a kill. Surely you can get that somewhere. Once you have flares, unlocking missiles and the rest is on you.
Thats the thing, I just played a couple of rounds with an attack choppers, once I did my last suicide run and managed to finally unlock the IR Flares, holy shit did I just turn into Zeus, assuming he threw rockets instead of lightning. IR Flares are supposed to be there from the start if you ask me, I could survive at least then ONE missile and then do my best avoiding the rest.

Jak140

Atomski said:
Well that is strange, are you sure you are in a squad?

Whenever I play the only squad that shows up for me when I try to switch is the one I'm in and it won't let me leave to join another

1stStrike

Banned
Keasar said:
Thats the thing, I just played a couple of rounds with an attack choppers, once I did my last suicide run and managed to finally unlock the IR Flares, holy shit did I just turn into Zeus, assuming he threw rockets instead of lightning. IR Flares are supposed to be there from the start if you ask me, I could survive at least then ONE missile and then do my best avoiding the rest.

Choppers are also not moving at 400 mph or so and are easier to use for killing ground targets - which there is an abundance of. You're not lacking weapons when you first start out in a chopper :p

Jak140

My squad screen looks like this and it won't let me switch squads:

GR00e.jpg

It really sucks and I have no clue what's wrong or how to fix it.

cackhyena

Why the fuck is it impossible for me to get the hang of the jet controls? Fuuuuck!

First one to post that they want these extra dog tag codes from Amazon gets a PM from me. Guess they were covering their bases for the goof up even though I already got mine.

Moaradin

cackhyena said:
Why the fuck is it impossible for me to get the hang of the jet controls? Fuuuuck!

First one to post that they want these extra dog tag codes from Amazon gets a PM from me. Guess they were covering their bases for the goof up even though I already got mine.

mee pls

Dug

Banned
cackhyena said:

Can I have it?

edit: damn you Moaradin :p

DTKT

Jak140 said:
My squad screen looks like this and it won't let me switch squads:

It really sucks and I have no clue what's wrong or how to fix it.

Can you try a different server? Something looks wrong with Alpha squad.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dakota47 said:
Got my medic dog tags.

There's a Battlefield 2 dogtag? There isn't for Modern Combat or Play4Free or Heroes. :( Is there one for 1942?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dug said:
There's one for 1943...

I know, but 1943 is three (well, four but fuck planes) maps while 1942 is MORE.

cackhyena said:

ME PLZ. >_>

Oh, damn. Misread the posts above. Oh well. >_>

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
Metro and dpeak chokepoints are just disgusting. A farm fest

I really don't like any of the maps TBH. There are a few i kinda like, but little stuff ruins it

Canals: skybox is to low, attacking team has a hard time.

Highway: laggy, to many places for engineers to hide and so dark that you have no chance to spot AT mines (tanks are pretty useless)

Island: baserape with choppers as the american team, russian AA gun is not in line of sight.
the hills should be a deadzone, try driving a tank gun with optics or AA up there and you can dominate the map. Also so many snipers

Longshot

holdbrillanj said:
Metro and dpeak chokepoints are just disgusting. A farm fest

I really don't like any of the maps TBH. There are a few i kinda like, but little stuff ruins it

Canals: skybox is to low, attacking team has a hard time.

Highway: laggy, to many places for engineers to hide and so dark that you have no chance to spot AT mines (tanks are pretty useless)

Island: baserape with choppers as the american team, russian AA gun is not in line of sight.
the hills should be a deadzone, try driving a tank gun with optics or AA up there and you can dominate the map. Also so many snipers
Yeah, I'm quite disappointed with the maps, most of the points are so close together, even on Firestorm. I think they've designed every map for conquest AND rush which is a stupid, stupid decision, I only really like 3 maps. They're so small and compact, BC 2 had bigger gaps between them.

Hopefully they won't butcher Karkand.

cackhyena

I like more maps in this than I did in BC2. Am I the only one that likes Bazaar? I actually found fun to be had on Metro last night, believe it or not.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Edit: damnit, meant to post in the meet-up thread.

uh... anyone else find it strange that all the burst weapons are only two fire? What happened to 3 shot?

Daigoro said:
you get used to it. it gets better.

Already has a bit, seems sprinting around was causing me to visit the respawn screen too frequently. Go figure. Actually stopping and scanning around has done a lot of good, got to stop playing this like its TDM in cod.

RedSwirl

About a level and a half was all the campaign I could do. Back to GameFly with ye. PS3 version looks dissappointing graphically. I'll probably get this on PC in about 6 months at half price or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom