• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an absolutely terrible pilot, but man was it satisfying to fly into some dude floating down with his parachute and getting a roadkill bonus. It made all the crashing worth it.

I agree with the people that say rush sucks. At least on many maps. Dice really dropped the ball compared to Rush in BC2. That game had it's chokepoints but at least there was some openness to the urban environments.

Khal_B

At first it wasn't that bad, but now I'm getting this error ALL the time:

1RwKA.png

I have a GTX 480, updated my Direct X and drivers and the problem seems worse now. Does anyone know how I can fix this? It's really frustrating.

madmackem said:
I tell you what map i really dig for conquest, the much hated on metro map. I think its alot of fun and offers something very different to the other maps.

Yeah. It's surprisingly good. I was disappointed when it brought me to that map for the first game I played with the retail version. Pleasantly surprised on how well that map flows.

The Stealth Fox

This seems to me one of the better balanced Battlefield games at launch. For those who don't know, the other games were unbalanced messes at launch, especially BF2.

Man, the user interface in this game is crap. So, if I want to access the main menu after the round is over I will have to wait 30 seconds before it starts loading the next round, wait until it has loaded the next map before I can exit the game and wait again until it has loaded the main menu. Why the fuck there isn't an exit game option in the final scoreboard screen? Or am I doing it wrong?..

So apparently most of the "Limited Edition" retail copies of the PC version here in Oceania have standard edition keys in them, mine included. I just noticed it after I saw a thread on another message board. Something obviously went terribly wrong, I hope EA are planning on resolving it.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Gouda Jouji said:
So apparently most of the "Limited Edition" retail copies of the PC version here in Oceania have standard edition keys in them, mine included. I just noticed it after I saw a thread on another message board. Something obviously went terribly wrong, I hope EA are planning on resolving it.

They fucked up the console versions in some EU countries too. Some limited edition copies come with the online pass/karkand paper, but the code printed on it gives you the phyiscal warfare pack instead. I had to get in touch with EA support for them to give me a code and they gave me an online pass code, and they are working out how to give people a code to get karkand when it comes out.

They also made the online pass free in some countries since yesterday because their support was getting surcharged by angry people.

So yeah good job EA.

Aspiring

After a few hours play the game is great but it's too damn dark! Online offline walking through a building and half the time the screen is black. I tried turning up the brightness and nothing. It's terrible. Other than that its superb!

Divius

Net_Wrecker said:
So much this. It's like watching a drunk ass Wall E stumbling his way toward the M-COMs. If you can mange to straighten the little dude out it's manageable, but gotdamn if you need to turn a corner :lol
gotta get dat 360 controlla like the real army

So much fun.

I'm glad I played a little BC2 before I got this so now I'm not a complete nub and get a positive K/D most of the time now instead of getting completely owned all the time.

Divius

roosters93 said:
I'm glad I played a little BC2 before I got this so now I'm not a complete nub and get a positive K/D most of the time now instead of getting completely owned all the time.
I played tons of BC2 and have a negative KD ratio since this game feels so different :(

FGMPR

Banned
Rad- said:
I agree, those aren't nearly as bad as people make them out to be. The worst Conquest map is the highway one because for some reason that map always makes servers more laggy.

You console guys don't get to play them in 64 player though. They are a complete clusterfuck and just an exercise in frustration. I wouldn't really care if they weren't in every C64 server map rotation :(.

FGMPR

Banned
Gouda Jouji said:

wait... how you can tell?

I'm having a ton of fun with this game so far, but I'm still pretty confused, lol. I wish there were bot matches, so I could actually practice using the damn uncontrollable flying vehicles in a situation where it doesn't matter.

Rabbitweed said:
Man, the user interface in this game is crap. So, if I want to access the main menu after the round is over I will have to wait 30 seconds before it starts loading the next round, wait until it has loaded the next map before I can exit the game and wait again until it has loaded the main menu. Why the fuck there isn't an exit game option in the final scoreboard screen? Or am I doing it wrong?..

Seriously! I've always hated this nonsense in Battlefield games. You'd think they would want people to leave just after a round finishes, so their spots can be filled before the next round begins.

Libo

Neo Member
evlcookie said:
I just learnt that the pistol is better than the 870MCS! I think i will just be a pistol person from now on.

Yeah, you can get just as many kills with a pistol as you can with a primary weapon. I just read about the buff to pistols in the next update, is that really necessary?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This game needs the Battlelog or something upgraded to allow building and tweaking of loud outs without having to boot a goddamn game. That and a practice mode so I can just run around, check shit out, test load outs and practice flying.

Randy

EatChildren said:
This game needs the Battlelog or something upgraded to allow building and tweaking of loud outs without having to boot a goddamn game. That and a practice mode so I can just run around, check shit out, test load outs and practice flying.

Agreed on all fronts. The game doesn't seem to save my customizations on weapons and appearance, have to tweak it every time I start a match. And I sure want to practice some heli and jet flying.

Gintamen

Bootaaay said:
Seriously! I've always hated this nonsense in Battlefield games. You'd think they would want people to leave just after a round finishes, so their spots can be filled before the next round begins.
You can just press: Esc->Yes in between the rounds to escape the server... Does there have to be a special menu to leave it, if you just have to press one button and confirm your decision?

EatChildren said:
Practice would be nice, but it would take away from the hard way of learning. One needs to put 20 hours into every vehicle anyway for the medal.

Frillen

Just started to play the multiplayer, played a few games and tried to log on to Battlelog. But couldn't :(. I typed in my e-mail and password, but an error message popped up saying "Buy BF3 to get access to Battlelog". What am I supposed to do?

MNC

Gintamen said:
You can just press: Esc->Yes in between the rounds to escape the server... Does there have to be a special menu to leave it, if you just have to press one button and confirm your decision?
Really? It didn't work that way in beta. /stillwaitingforhiscopy

Noaloha

Is the issue with not being able to customise your chap due to the browser integration on PC? On the consoles, you have a load-out section in the 'Your Soldier' screen from the boot-up title page. I take it there's no such splash menu available prior to looking for a game on PCs?

03sho

For people having trouble with Battlelog.

You have to go on ea.com.

Add BF3 to your games

Sign into battleog website

Play an online game

Manin menu sign in.

zlatko said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h0Hq87-tVo

More vids of presador making me laugh.
so hilarious! i love how in the other video he says the maps are so huge when the TDM versions are the SMALLEST VERSION OF THE MAPS!!! yes, even smaller than Squad Deathmatch!!!

Ostinatto said:
what about PS3 Conquest Noshaar Canals?

Russians have C ans B right besides the base, US have to take the slow-boats to get the A flag

also, only russians have tanks in that map. :/
yeah, i a baffled at the layout of that map in the 32/24 player version.

Gintamen said:

I'm playing on PS3 - there's no way to bring up the game menu and select quit until the next round has begun, which seems crazy to me. But it was exactly like this in Bad Company 2, iirc.

Gintamen

Okay that's dumb. Go into the battlelog forum and demand a change, they complied to the car honks already me and others have posted yesterday and the day before. Do it now while they are on pressure to pleasure the players.^^

Frillen

How do I connect my gamertag to ea.com? I click on my profile and there's no identity attached to my Xbox Live but I can't edit it.

Noaloha

For quitting after a match on 360, I'll Guide Button -> Y to quit to dash. If I still intend on playing and only wanted to switch servers, it takes about the same amount of time to get back into a game, but opens up that server's slot much earlier for others looking to take my place.

The_Monk

Two more days, my game is arriving Monday.

I hope there's not way too high levels, I need to learn to play first. Then play it to win.

Played a lot of Assault, healing members in the Beta was amazing. Loved it.

Hope also that my codes are all ok (order it from Amazon.uk)

How is PS3 handling the game, all good with the patch?

What's the best mode for starters?

Thanks in advance for answering.

Toodles said:
For quitting after a match on 360, I'll Guide Button -> Y to quit to dash. If I still intend on playing and only wanted to switch servers, it takes about the same amount of time to get back into a game, but opens up that server's slot much earlier for others looking to take my place.

What a pain. :/

cdyhybrid

God, fuck you DICE. I just want to actually be able to fly for more than 5 seconds after taking off without being shot down. Flares should be basic equipment, not an unlock. Fucking bullshit.

Oh, and now I finally get in the air for more than 5 seconds and my XBox freezes. Fuck you DICE.

Darklord

Banned
Man, some admits are so shitty. I didn't know FF was on and killed 2 teammates, I said sorry but nope, banned from the server. It was the best server I'd found too. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom