• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

bee

single player is fuckin terrible, played an hour and that's all its getting

multiplayer though is just amazing, long time since i liked a multiplayer shooter this much, its that good i uninstalled quakelive, so for the 1st time in 12 years i don't have quake 3 or quakelive installed :O

Noaloha

When in the My Soldier -> Customize screen from the main menu, how the hell do you switch from the US soldier to your RU one?

Mental

Toodles said:
When in the My Soldier -> Customize screen from the main menu, how the hell do you switch from the US soldier to your RU one?

I've been wondering the same thing, I don't think you can.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
roosters93 said:
oh god yes

Seriously. I'm terrible, so the last thing I want to do is steal an aircraft that would otherwise be useful to the team in the right hands just to practice my flying. I'll die, accomplish nothing, and cost the team support. I care too much :(.

64 player Damavand conquest is so hilariously dreadful. I never play recon, but just used it as an excuse to level up the class and unlock some shit. Sat on one of the starting mounds and sniped the entire round. Died once, finished second best on the server.

I was also completely useless to my team. I guess I don't actually care that much.

Ryuuga

Banned
EatChildren said:
64 player Damavand conquest is so hilariously dreadful.

This mode on this map should have never come to fruition. I understand that they wanted to expand the possibilities of each map they created for this game, but CQ64 on a map like this is the very definition of shoehorn.

no angel

Played up to the end of the jet section in single player and so far I'm very underwhelmed, does it get any better?

Looking forward to getting stuck into the multiplayer this evening though.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Ryuuga said:
This mode on this map should have never come to fruition. I understand that they wanted to expand the possibilities of each map they created for this game, but CQ64 on a map like this is the very definition of shoehorn.

Well, that and Metro.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I just played such an amazing game on Kharg Island. If it was real life, The Battle For A would go down in the history books.

Ryuuga

Banned
no angel said:
Played up to the end of the jet section in single player and so far I'm very underwhelmed, does it get any better?

Looking forward to getting stuck into the multiplayer this evening though.

I haven't gone through the entire thread, but the jet mission seemed to be one of few highlights in the campaign. If you're underwhelmed at this point I'm not sure you'd find anything intriguing from this point forward. Curious to hear what you think about MP when you get the chance to play it.

vazel

Banned
Finally unlocked flares for jet. Sure took me getting killed 20-30 times but I finally did it. Now I won't get shot down after ten seconds in the air. Fucking ridiculous that flares are an unlock I feel sorry for the people that are going to come to this game months from now they won't stand a chance in jets.

Ryuuga said:

On the other hands, it's one of the best Rush maps.

Divius

So my bro just bought a digital copy of BF3 but his internet isn't very fast and the ETA is 7 hours.. Any way I can give him my files via a USB and he'll be able to play them?

cdyhybrid

Two full rounds of jet fire isn't enough to even disable a tank. I have to get lucky and kamikaze some choppers to get enough points to unlock flares, apparently.

Naxx

&Divius said:
So my bro just bought a digital copy of BF3 but his internet isn't very fast and the ETA is 7 hours.. Any way I can give him my files via a USB and he'll be able to play them?
Should be possible. The game is the same only diff. account.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Darklord said:
Lag is incredibly bad at the moment.

Just stay off local 64p servers. Stick with 48 or 32. I notice a tiny bit of rubber banding on 48 but it's usually smooth sailing on 32.

Darklord

Banned
evlcookie said:
Just stay off local 64p servers. Stick with 48 or 32. I notice a tiny bit of rubber banding on 48 but it's usually smooth sailing on 32.

Yeah, I'll have to stay off the 64p servers for now. I also applied to join AusGAF just then. Lets do this!

Shadybiz

The_Monk said:
How is PS3 handling the game, all good with the patch?

Pretty well for me, aside from the basically busted partying system, and the fact that you can't quit out until the next match starts. But really aside from those two items, the game has been pleasing me.

Salaadin

Is there a way to save your loadout? Everytime I start a game, I have to make sure all my stuff is equipped. Its minor but still annoying.

I also cant seem to change my character appearance. The way my guy looks on battlelog and the way he looks in game are totally different.

Dabanton

Had to restart my console yesterday after i spawned in one match with no visible weapons.

Also does anyone know if DICE is going to change the match load-out so when we die we can go straight into the menu without waiting?

Very annoying that.

The_Monk

Shadybiz said:
Pretty well for me, aside from the basically busted partying system, and the fact that you can't quit out until the next match starts. But really aside from those two items, the game has been pleasing me.

Thanks. Regarding that you can't quit until the next match starts, same happened with Medal of Honor I think, but can you tell more about the partying system?

I want to grab my 2-3 friends and enter a match. How hard or what type of problems are people having with this? I had them order BF3 over Mw3 so I'm hoping for them to have some good experience when playing in a party.

DarkFlow

Banned
AuthenticM said:
That's what's holding me back. So fucking horrible. How can people tolerate that? There are thousands of people playing online on this console. I do not understand. I am not touching this game until after they've patched this shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P6MiSnTFgg
It's not that bad. I can't really tell myself. Yeah at first it threw me off, but I got used to it and everyone else has to deal with it too.

DarkFlow

Banned
The_Monk said:
Thanks. Regarding that you can't quit until the next match starts, same happened with Medal of Honor I think, but can you tell more about the partying system?

I want to grab my 2-3 friends and enter a match. How hard or what type of problems are people having with this? I had them order BF3 over Mw3 so I'm hoping for them to have some good experience when playing in a party.
Your in for some problems. More then likely It's going to split you up between the teams for "balance". This happens to us all the time when us gaffers play together, hell it even does it between rounds.

1-D_FTW

EatChildren said:
Seriously. I'm terrible, so the last thing I want to do is steal an aircraft that would otherwise be useful to the team in the right hands just to practice my flying. I'll die, accomplish nothing, and cost the team support. I care too much :(.

64 player Damavand conquest is so hilariously dreadful. I never play recon, but just used it as an excuse to level up the class and unlock some shit. Sat on one of the starting mounds and sniped the entire round. Died once, finished second best on the server.

I was also completely useless to my team. I guess I don't actually care that much.

And because of stat whores and EA's paranoia about people cheating the system, locking server starts to a minimum of 8 players. So you can't even join an empty server to practice.

I really would like to get the person responsible for this and just slipper them across the face a couple hundred times. Assholes. Fucking assholes. Fucking, fucking, fucking, assholes. Piece of shit, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, assholes. LET ME PRACTICE ON MY OWN, ASSHOLES!

Oni Jazar

Such a shame reading all these problems everyone is having. I must not be playing the same game. I'm on PC and it's been for the most part one of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever played. It has its issues but god damn I love how the kits, the vehicles, the unlocks, the graphics, the destruction, the AUDIO comes together for this great package.

MrBig

Ryuuga said:
I haven't gone through the entire thread, but the jet mission seemed to be one of few highlights in the campaign. If you're underwhelmed at this point I'm not sure you'd find anything intriguing from this point forward. Curious to hear what you think about MP when you get the chance to play it.
The jet mission was the worst mission in the game. It was basically one giant QTE cut-scene with the AC-130 part of CoD4 brushed in at the end.
I enjoyed some of the later levels but I'm never going to go back and replay them.

Zeppelin

God I hate Battlelog. It just launched me into campaign mode when I tried to join a server. And half of the time it doesn't launch anything, just a black screen.

Arnie

Oni Jazar said:
Such a shame reading all these problems everyone is having. I must not be playing the same game. I'm on PC and it's been for the most part one of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever played. It has its issues but god damn I love how the kits, the vehicles, the unlocks, the graphics, the destruction, the AUDIO comes together for this great package.
Same, except I'm on 360. When I get into a game it's just beautiful.

Niggles so far range from the inability to get into a game with a squad and the game somehow deleting my campaign progress when I was a few hours in.

Shadybiz

The_Monk said:

Agree 100% with what Darkflow83 said. I have a hell of a time getting on the same squad with friends. However, once you are on the same squad, it appears that you stay that way for the rest of your session (in my experience, anyway).

I have heard that this will be fixed in the next patch, but I have no link or anything; that was just word of mouth.

Choc

Banned
Just finished the Battlefield 3 campaign.

I will try to spoiler out specific bits when talking about them but overall, its a bit of a mess. It's clear that they were going for a COD effect with the game but for mine that does not play to battlefields strengths. Battlefields strengths are its vehicles, and these are hardly utilised in the game. In fact so much so, you could call the game something else and you wouldn't think it was a battlefield game at all.

The love affair that DICE has with Call of Duty is beyond ridiculous. Almost every mission can be traced back to a call of duty mission in terms of style or inspiration

it has a
sniper
mission which is a bit like the ones that COD has featured and also has a mission which is definately around the blackbird mission from COD Black Ops. Even the overall presentation of the campaign is somewhat along the lines of black ops. I kept expecting the main character to be asked TELL ME WHAT THE NUMBERS MEAN.

And there were some moments that seriously bored me. It just felt like generic shooter 101 to be honest. There were most definitely missions that got me excited with
the mission in paris
by far being the best one. By FAR. And at times i found it hard to keep track with the story that was going on.

They need to play to their strengths and put in some vehicular based missions where you can control the arsenal from the multiplayer side of the game. Then it will be a battlefield, not call of duty game.

tldr; dice didnt use its strengths of the battlefield franchise in the single player.

Drone

Detox said:
If there is anyone interested in practising flying then join this server need some more players.

This is a brilliant idea - only the server admin needs to change the minimum number of players so we don't have to wait for 8 people before we can move.

Ryuuga

Banned
MrBig said:
The jet mission was the worst mission in the game. It was basically one giant QTE cut-scene with the AC-130 part of CoD4 brushed in at the end.
I enjoyed some of the later levels but I'm never going to go back and replay them.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I didn't care for the jet mission either, but it seems to be one of the most-talked about scenarios. I'm largely underwhelmed by the campaign as is, so my playthrough was on and off.

no angel

Ryuuga said:
I'm confident I'll enjoy it, I had a great time with both the Bad Companies. I would have jumped straight into the multiplayer had I not got home from work so late!

Edit

I also found the jet section to be a bit too 'cod-like'. Shame there's no real vehicular sections in the single player by the sound of it. Oh well, I only bought it for the multiplayer really anyway!

raphier

Banned
Choc said:
tldr; dice didnt use its strengths of the battlefield franchise in the single player.
I think dice has proven multiple times they can't do shit when it comes to single-player experience. Their mission design sucks oriental arse.

I wish those millions would be spend in perfecting/adding to Multiplayer, instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom