• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoto

Wthermans said:
I really hope this is a joke....

http://i55.tinypic.com/2vhwyzl.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Which part?

The fact that the map is basically a line?
The fact that the chat box is taking up too much of the screen?
The 24 FPS?

Wthermans

Banned
vidal said:
Which part?

The 24 FPS?

The map. If most of the maps are setup like that, they shoulda just called this Bad Company 3 and been done with it.

Enosh

Wthermans said:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2vhwyzl.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
don't get it
there is iirc always a conquest map where the points are pretty much in a straight line
chat still looks fucking awfull

Definity

You can't log into battlelog until you play at least one game? Is that true? Dying here...need something to do at work, lol.

derFeef

Wthermans said:
The map. If most of the maps are setup like that, they shoulda just called this Bad Company 3 and been done with it.
Dunno what's wrong with the layout. Just because it is setup as a line does not mean that you need to run from bottom to top and that's it.

U2NUMB

Definity said:
You can't log into battlelog until you play at least one game? Is that true? Dying here...need something to do at work, lol.

That is exactly how it acted during the beta. (360)

woober

vaelic said:
not working

Did you press OK to apply the settings? Make sure you do it until you OK all the windows. Also check that the port says 8000. Other than that, I'm not sure why it's not working.

Wthermans

Banned
derFeef said:
Dunno what's wrong with the layout. Just because it is setup as a line does not mean that you need to run from bottom to top and that's it.
It reduces the ability to flank. Even if you put the overall layout in a line, you don't have them back to back, you stagger them a bit (see Karkand in BF2). BTW this is Davamund Peak, one of the "larger" maps. I'm scared to see how Operation Metro and Seine Crossing are going to look.

The map layout + all maps being limited to 5 capture zones is a travesty for the successor to BF2.

Enosh said:
don't get it
there is iirc always a conquest map where the points are pretty much in a straight line
chat still looks fucking awfull
Have you only played Battlefield since BC2 or something? Karkand was the only map that was close to this type of layout, but it actually had room to flank and staggered the flag layout.

woober said:
Did you press OK to apply the settings? Make sure you do it until you OK all the windows. Other than that, I'm not sure why it's not working.
I did that and changed timezone but it still saw me in UK.

Downloading Tunnelbear now...

Enosh

woober said:
Back in Battlefield 2, maps weren't like this.
idk, not so good on BF2, I know BF2142 had that gibraltar map which was a straight line from what I remember
although looking it up, B2142 had the "assault conquest" thingy so it's not exactly the same

Wthermans

Banned
Enosh said:
idk, not so good on BF2, I know BF2142 had that gibraltar map which was a straight line from what I remember
although looking it up, B2142 had the "assault conquest" thingy so it's not exactly the same
Aside from Titan Maps, 2142 layout was a joke compared to BF2. The game didn't even have proper jets.

Izayoi

Banned
Definity said:
You can login, but you can't track stats.

How would you be able to play the game if you couldn't login?

This game looks phenomenal.

derFeef

Wthermans said:
It reduces the ability to flank. Even if you put the overall layout in a line, you don't have them back to back, you stagger them a bit (see Karkand in BF2). BTW this is Davamund Peak, one of the "larger" maps. I'm scared to see how Operation Metro and Seine Crossing are going to look.

The map layout + all maps being limited to 5 capture zones is a travesty for the successor to BF2.

Have you only played Battlefield since BC2 or something? Karkand was the only map that was close to this type of layout, but it actually had room to flank and staggered the flag layout.
I know what you mean, but I am not sure the map will be bad because of it. Are there jets on that map?

Wthermans

Banned
derFeef said:
I know what you mean, but I am not sure the map will be bad because of it. Are there jets on that map?
Given the layout, I highly doubt it. I don't think we've seen any Davamund Peak footage with jets eithers (just attack and scout helis in Rush).

alphaNoid

Banned
Spoiler, first 2 minutes of game, need help.

I'm in the train, I killed 4 or 5 guys on my way to the engine. However I'm stuck at some door with a gun in the handle. I get no more in game prompts for how to pass this. I cannot use E to equip the gun, interact with anything. I'm just stuck in the back part of the train and cannot pass this door. Help? Glitch?

blackflag

Ugh I didn't know the Back to Karkland map isn't being released until a month later if you don't preorder. That is so lame. I was going to use my 30 dollar coupon to get it at K-Mart but now I gotta go preorder from Gamestop tonight. Ridiculous.

Rainy Dog

Wthermans said:

I think you're actually referring to the number of tickets for each team...right?

vidal said:
Which part?

The 24 FPS?
Wthermans said:
woober said:
:|

I hated this type of linear desgin for conquest in BC2...

But yeah, I noticed this from watching some console streams yesterday. Caspian Border looks to be the only conquest map where the flags aren't in a straight line, at least on consoles. One of them is 4 flags and they're still in a straight line.

Let's see how they play out, though...

punkypine

blackflag said:
Ugh I didn't know the Back to Karkland map isn't being released until a month later if you don't preorder. That is so lame. I was going to use my 30 dollar coupon to get it at K-Mart but now I gotta go preorder from Gamestop tonight. Ridiculous.
Day1 versions are probably limited edition

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Lol can't do QTEs with pad on pc, nice.

Have to jump towards the keyboard and mash space... silly.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
blackflag said:
It's not available for anyone for a month. You can still get an LE at Kmart tomorrow and get B2K for free. That's what I'm doing.

PS3er here. Can't login to battlelog at the moment because, "Your account is not allowed to login."

I imagine I'm gonna have to wait till I activate the online pass or play the MP. ._. Boo. Anybody that can log in though, did they erase the platoons and already earned medals/ribbons ?

1-D_FTW

To the people saying the trick doesn't work, did you go into advanced and type the IP into the HTTP field?

I made the mistake of clicking the proxy server box and typing in the address into the field just below that. You have to click the advanced button and enter into that.

That said, single-player is awful. Looks fantastic on my 460 (1080P with Auto settings), but the gameplay is so bad. Need to figure out how to play online.

Megasoum

Banned
blackflag said:

It's not coming out a month later only for those who don't pre-order... it's the same for everybody. Since DAY ONE of the first announce for Back to Karkand they said it would get released a couple of weeks after the main game. That's always been the plan and it's the same for everybody... Well except for PS3 who will get it a week earlier.

derFeef

Wthermans said:
Given the layout, I highly doubt it. I don't think we've seen any Davamund Peak footage with jets eithers (just attack and scout helis in Rush).
Oh so you have not played on that map yet?

nitric0

Metalmurphy said:
i5 750
HD 6870

x2 AA was all I needed to reduce. Everything else on ULTRA. 60fps.

SO GOOOD!
SP or MP? surprised to see 6870 max it out with 60fps, i can't wait but I only have a PIIX4 945 @ 4.0GHz :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom