• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going through the ground is still the perfect cover. :p

bf32011-10-2418-39-57-iuus.jpg

Binabik15

My retail copy isn´t even here yet and I´ve only seen 2 or 3 vids about it, but Im already bored by Firestorm. Dat brown.

Teheran Highway looks interesting, but a nightmap that´s really dark and needed flashlights/IRNV scopes would´ve been awesome.

Demavand Peak looks awesome, though.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The guy playing the stream is pretty good but whenever he says something it's really stupid.

EDIT: LOL his OC just overheated.

Binabik15 said:
My retail copy isn´t even here yet and I´ve only seen 2 or 3 vids about it, but Im already bored by Firestorm. Dat brown.

Did you get bored of karkand too? Because that was so brown and so awesome.

pix

Is anyone else having issues installing the browser plugin? It is taking a LONG time, not sure if normal or not.

Luixfern said:
You need Origin to play the game from wherever you purchase. You just get a key that you input into origin and you can download it through that. The only downside is that you didn't jump on it a week ago when it was $41 on Amazon.

Rock, thanks for the info. That actually works fine for me. Might as well save the $10 on Amazon.

alphaNoid

Banned
I'm trying to test out Eyefinity but the menu screen isn't loading all the objects. I want to force the resolution from an INI file but I cannot locate one for BF3. Either in the Documents folder or users\appdata hive as well.

Anyone have any idea where this file is located ?

Binabik15

WoodenLung said:
Did you get bored of karkand too? Because that was so brown and so awesome.

Honestly, back when I got BF2 we had lots of internet troubles, so I never played online and against bots it wasn´t that much fun that I played a whole lot.

I liked the "wet" maps and dicking around with boats and planes, so no, I wasn´t a fan of Karkand :p

I´m not saying ot won´t play good, but like Arica Harbour, I just don´t like the way it looks. I like jungle maps, snow maps, forrest maps, urban stuff is okay, dessert is boring.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So....

Any console reviews? I am worried about performance. I will be getting the PC version as soon as EA fixes the stupid Origin bug and Puerto Rico.

Wasn't a fan of beta, but old BC2 memories of playing in the morning with gaffers or random people and having amazing battles is making me reconsider it. I want to buy the PS3 version as I am playing with more real life friends from that that from XBL. How's the PS3 performance/graphics holding up compared to 360? The tearing of the beta and the aliasing killed it for me =/

Relix said:
So....

Any console reviews? I am worried about performance. I will be getting the PC version as soon as EA fixes the stupid Origin bug and Puerto Rico.

Wasn't a fan of beta, but old BC2 memories of playing in the morning with gaffers or random people and having amazing battles is making me reconsider it. I want to buy the PS3 version as I am playing with more real life friends from that that from XBL. How's the PS3 performance/graphics holding up compared to 360? The tearing of the beta and the aliasing killed it for me =/
I haven't played the PC or PS3 version but the 360 version looks and plays fantastic.

woober

Stallion Free said:
So where is this VPN trick again? I just wanna try singleplayer for now.

Baconmonk said:
Control Panel -> Internet Options -> LAN Settings -> Proxy server checkbox -> Advanced

Put this IP in the field provided (8000 is the port, but it should figure that out automatically)
Activate the game, then go ahead and turn off the VPN, all you are doing is tricking the authentication, battlelog seems to work fine.

220.118.19.148:8000

That's all you need. No VPN needed.

alphaNoid

Banned
Note : I found the settings config file manually adjusted the res and have Eyefinity working. Don't expect rad results, single card 5850 but I will post screens.

Config file location and method to edit.

Location : C:\Users\%usersname%\Documents\Battlefield 3\settings
File : PROF_SAVE_profile

You cannot edit this in regular Notepad. Download and use Notepad++

Happy Hunting.

woober

MrCompletely said:
Once you unlock the game, can you revert back to your normal settings and drop the VPN?

That's what I did for single player anyway. I think you just need it to unlock the game. After that, you're fine.

Bruiserk

When is the PS3 platoon going to be up?

Also, damn you ColonialRaptor! Because I stayed up so late waiting for the OT, I accidentally slept passed my alarm and missed calculus class!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
woober said:
Pretty amazing to see the game look exactly like the trailers. i7 2600k with an ATI 6950 here. All maxed out.
You're right, it really does match up perfectly with the original shots.

621026_20110301_screen001.jpg

ibpf5wN4aAqnD8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom