• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyaw

belvedere said:
When people say this works, the release date check passes or they can just launch SP offline?

Everything. You don't need to launch SP offline, at least i didn't.

Baconmonk

Control Panel -> Internet Options -> LAN Settings -> Proxy server checkbox -> Advanced

Put this IP in the field provided (8000 is the port, but it should figure that out automatically)
Activate the game, then go ahead and turn off the VPN, all you are doing is tricking the authentication, battlelog seems to work fine.

220.118.19.148:8000

Glassboy

alphaNoid said:
What option are you using to get around it?
210.107.100.251 through the advanced internet options and everything. I can load up sites fine, but when I try to do a release date check, it says:
Release date Check failed

An error occurred during the online release date check. Click RETRY to try again.

alphaNoid

Banned
Glassboy said:
210.107.100.251 through the advanced internet options and everything. I can load up sites fine, but when I try to do a release date check, it says:
Release date Check failed

An error occurred during the online release date check. Click RETRY to try again.
I'm not using this method. I installed Platinum Hide IP (a third party program), in that program I set my hidden zone to Indonesia. This changes your internet time stamp. Then on my local Windows I changed my time zone to -12 International (local time stamp). Finally set Origin into Offline mode and launch the game. The release date check see's my time as after the release time.

No funky IP manipulation in Windows, or specific IPs. Just Platinum Hide IP, a few settings and it works.

playing ultra with a locked 60 FPS. This game's lighting is God-tier! Sound is eargasmic and animations are so good too. Anyhow, back to single player!

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
DoctorWho said:
Anyone running on a GTX 460? How does it look?
I have it on auto and it runs 50-65 fps for me. I tried custom settings with high settings which gave me 30 fps

gtx 460 756mb
i7 2600 3.4 ghz
6gb ddr 3 ram

Glassboy

Baconmonk said:
Control Panel -> Internet Options -> LAN Settings -> Proxy server checkbox -> Advanced

Put this IP in the field provided (8000 is the port, but it should figure that out automatically)
Activate the game, then go ahead and turn off the VPN, all you are doing is tricking the authentication, battlelog seems to work fine.

I tried this IP and it did not work either. Same old Release Date check failed

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Made it about 15 minutes into the campaign. Soooo, so bad. I'll never understand why people like this type of campaign design.

Back to what really matters :D

Baconmonk said:

This worked. Thanks.

ghostmind

As someone who stayed out of the old thread for the most part, when should we start seeing console reviews, and why haven't we yet?

woober

Baconmonk said:

I'm in! Thanks! Now off to single player!

Baconmonk said:

This worked. Thanks! :D :D

Christ almighty, Origin has made the EA ID system even more of a clusterfuck. There's a official way to change your Origin name now, but I can't change it to a name that is already associated with my account (one of freaking 18 personas) since it's "taken." By me.

Just played a quick game of "the base jumping map" (as it shall henceforth be known), and it was amazing. Even though I can only run this at 1080p on low settings, I can see myself getting much use out of this game, even before I upgrade my PC.

derFeef

Ysiadmihi said:
Made it about 15 minutes into the campaign. Soooo, so bad. I'll never understand why people like this type of campaign design.

Back to what really matters :D
I am really surprised you do not like the campaign. Like... really!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm not fuck yea awesome at FPS by any means. The SP is actually pretty challenging to me so far. I'm playing on normal and have already died 3 or 4 times.

Digging the SP so far, Fuck the haters.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I think we need a PS3 meetup thread along with an x360 thread to go along with the PC one. Anyone doing one already?

I am in for PS3 and PC. Also, perhaps we should encourage small platoons/squads just to make things more consistent. I have 2 regular squad mates now and am looking for a couple more. EST.

Most servers laggy as hell at the moment, but that's more than understandable. Had some incredible stand-offs already on Tehran Highway. Game is fucking awesome!

Don't like the campaign so far though. Slightly more realistic/less fun version of what's already out there.

Amazon digital download is selling this for $10 under the Origin price. Any downside to this? I don't have anything on Origin or Amazon yet, so I'm not tied to either service and it looks like they both have the BtK pack with them. Not sure how legit the Amazon service is though.

Wes

venison crêpe
@Thylander

"for those who asked me about ranks, Max rank (colonel service star 100) is at about 25 million points... And it does have an unlock on it."

DenogginizerOS said:
I think we need a PS3 meetup thread along with an x360 thread to go along with the PC one. Anyone doing one already? I am in for PS3 and PC. We should probably encourage small platoons/squads just to make things more consistent. I have 2 regular squad mates now and am looking for a couple more. EST.

Sounds good. (Oh wait, I'm PST)

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I started the campaign on hard because the other difficulty levels said there was autoaim.

That... may have been a mistake.

RS4-

C4 buttons are screwed up.

Mouse 2 is to throw the c4 rather than detonate.

Unless it's always been like that

edit - some servers do not record your stats, be careful

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
PS3 Soldier LFSQD (looking for squad) =/ tonight

Should have game and be home by 2AM EST

ghostmind said:
As someone who stayed out of the old thread for the most part, when should we start seeing console reviews, and why haven't we yet?

DevelopmentArrested said:
because EA didn't ship them out until Friday.

Also there's a day 1 patch that hadn't passed console certification when the PC reviews went live. Console reviews will go up when reviewers have the chance to play with the day 1 patch implemented.

Glassboy said:
Finally got it to work using: 210.107.100.251:8080

Did you just keep trying to get past the date check? I turned the proxy off and still got the error, I didn't even get the previous "Wait until 3 AM on the 25th" message.

mcrae

so i just pre ordered through origin

1. how do i pre-load the game?

2. how do i redeem the extra levels? i have no product code...

Luixfern

TheFightingFish said:
Amazon digital download is selling this for $10 under the Origin price. Any downside to this? I don't have anything on Origin or Amazon yet, so I'm not tied to either service and it looks like they both have the BtK pack with them. Not sure how legit the Amazon service is though.

You need Origin to play the game from wherever you purchase. You just get a key that you input into origin and you can download it through that. The only downside is that you didn't jump on it a week ago when it was $41 on Amazon.

scoobs

fuck, anyone else preorder through newegg? Still hasn't said mine has shipped :( when will i get this game lol

TURNCLOAK

Banned
So far everything has been smooth as silk on multiplayer for me and I'm still on old ATI drivers.

I played for about 90 minutes on some Hong Kong server, quit for a short break, logged back into Battlelog and all stats updated perfectly in a Twitter-like fashion.

The Battle Reports are pretty cool and show exactly how much you suck. Not to mention showing your upcoming unlocks and exactly what you need more to do to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom