• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
pottuvoi said:
If you use Firefox as your main browser Origin might use it's settings.
Made changes to Firefox settings and it worked like a charm.
Have my fucking babies?

If you're using Firefox, LISTEN TO THIS MAN.

Thanks very much!

derFeef

Waitwaitwait, someone said you can't register the PEGI version from greenmangaming on a German/Austrian Origin account? I really think it's nonsense but I want to be sure.

Hayvic

froliq said:
I can't take this. Canceled Amazon pre-order, friday is too far away! And bought it from GMG. Downloading through Origin now.

Just so I can become dissapointed faster about my pc preformance.

So if I understand this correctly, GMG sends you the code for Origin? Is this the UK green man gaming? I get redirected there from mainland europe.

AngelSoldier said:
PS3er here. Can't login to battlelog at the moment because, "Your account is not allowed to login."

I imagine I'm gonna have to wait till I activate the online pass or play the MP. ._. Boo. Anybody that can log in though, did they erase the platoons and already earned medals/ribbons ?

Re-post. Fast topic is fast.

I don't really know where to post this, but I guess most of you PC guys used Origin during the beta. Does Origin take like 5 minutes to start up for anyone else? I launch it, and it literally takes 5 minutes before the log-in screen popup appears. Steam launches in several seconds, so I'm wondering why the hell Origin takes that long.

Izayoi

Banned
SUBZERO-08 said:
I don't really know where to post this, but I guess most of you PC guys used Origin during the beta. Does Origin take like 5 minutes to start up for anyone else? I launch it, and it literally takes 5 minutes before the log-in screen popup appears. Steam launches in several seconds, so I'm wondering why the hell Origin takes that long.
Origin starts in like two seconds for me.

Menelaus

Banned
SUBZERO-08 said:
It's been nice and snappy since the last update. During the beta it would take years to open.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Dollar for dollar a 6950 is the best card to get guys?

I really wanted to get an Nvidia card this time around because of phyx but heh..

Reposting, because I'M GOING INSANE. I couldn't play the fucking beta and now I can't play something I bought?!:

Argh can anyone help with this? I had this same issue in the beta...so it's unlocked whatever, I go to launch campaign, it sits on initializing for a while...then nothing happens and the intializing window disappears. I'm watching my processes and I see bf3.exe start, then disappear. I set both origin and the bf3 executable to run as admin so that's not it. So frustrating, has anyone else had this pop up,or anything similar happen in the beta?

RS4-

Slayer-33 said:
Dollar for dollar a 6950 is the best card to get guys?

I really wanted to get an Nvidia card this time around because of phyx but heh..
I'm getting 60fps on ultra with me 6950. Sometimes it'll drop to mid 50s when it gets heavy.

The sound is fucking phenomenal, even with my shitty speakers. Buying new ones today!

fanboi

Banned
I have the same problem as in beta...

When I play it runs smoothly without any hickups.

But time to time, which gets worse after awhile, the game freezes for a few seconds... anoying as hell.

Anyone else had this?

gillty

Banned
derFeef said:
Waitwaitwait, someone said you can't register the PEGI version from greenmangaming on a German/Austrian Origin account? I really think it's nonsense but I want to be sure.
keys don't seem to be locked to a region, registered a gmg key on a Canadian account and it showed up with a normal NA account unlock time.

Emily Chu

Banned
RS4- said:
I'm getting 60fps on ultra with me 6950. Sometimes it'll drop to mid 50s when it gets heavy.

The sound is fucking phenomenal, even with my shitty speakers. Buying new ones today!

@ what res ? 16x AF 4x AA as well ?

1080p ?

Atomski

Valru said:
Unlocking BF3 early via Korean Proxy.
1. Run/Login to Origin
2. Run Internet Explorer
2a. Internet Options
2b. Connections Tab
2c. Lan Settings
2d. Check the proxy box and input 211.53.208.28 into the IP box and 3128 into the Port.
2e. Save
3. Run BF3 via Origin (a date verification will run)
4. Once the verification is done go back to IE and disable the proxy so your internet traffic is not routed through it. If you do not disable it you risk your own security.
5. Play BF3
Hmm I am paranoid.. any chance EA will ban for this? I want to do it so bad :p

Phandy

fanboi said:
I have the same problem as in beta...

When I play it runs smoothly without any hickups.

But time to time, which gets worse after awhile, the game freezes for a few seconds... anoying as hell.

Anyone else had this?

Yes, Mine started off smooth and silk but it feels like its getting a bit worse.
I also thought i noticed this phenomenon with the beta too. Might try restarting my game and see if it helps.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
MaritalWheat said:
Reposting, because I'M GOING INSANE. I couldn't play the fucking beta and now I can't play something I bought?!:

Argh can anyone help with this? I had this same issue in the beta...so it's unlocked whatever, I go to launch campaign, it sits on initializing for a while...then nothing happens and the intializing window disappears. I'm watching my processes and I see bf3.exe start, then disappear. I set both origin and the bf3 executable to run as admin so that's not it. So frustrating, has anyone else had this pop up,or anything similar happen in the beta?

What are your system specs and what video drivers are you running?

causan

Running this on a lower-mid spec system:

Intel Q6600 quad processor
ATI 5770
8gb of ram
64bit win 7
1680 x1050 resolution

Everything running on high with no noticeable lag at all. They did a fantastic job optimizing this.

here is a screen in MP:

xane3q.jpg

kitch9

Banned
Skel1ingt0n said:
WOW!

Better optimization + better drivers + higher OC = ~50-60fps, max settings, at 1920x1200 with 90 degree FoV so long as AA is off.

If I tick AA on to 4x, I still stay in the low 40s and never dip below 30 fps.

I'll take that!!!

i7 930 @ 3.4
GTX570 @ 840/1680 & 2200
12GB RAM

Currently uploading a 15 sec video that just absolutely shows what BF3 is all about...

Just use post AA and not defferred..... FXAA is decent quality now and FAST!!

alphaNoid

Banned
So I got Eyefinity working but on my single 5850 I'm not happy with having to downscale the quality 3x as much to play. Washed out textures and all... so back to single monitor until I upgrade my PC.

So annoying to have a split release. Get on with the frakking program EA/DICE. In the day and age of digital distribution it's completely backwards.

dkeane

eznark said:
This is an example of an OP with too much information.

Does this unlock at midnight tonight?
The bigger problem is the op is all images so you can't search it for info.

But whatever — game is out tomorrow! WOOOOOO

MrOogieBoogie said:
What are your system specs and what video drivers are you running?
Windows 7 64, HD 5870, i7, 8 GB ram. It's a laptop and I've heard of issues with updating the video drivers so I still have the default ones, never not worked for anything though (I run BFBC2 fine).
Oddly, I was able to play one beta game...the game launched, it ran fine. Any time I relaunched the beta since, I would not be able to join (the .exe would show under processes, then disappear). Googling told me others had the same problem, and there was no fix. I said fuck it, they'll get it for the actual game...and apparently not. Any insight?

hiverbon

Neo Member
The animation really is incredible, obviously difficult to show in screenshots but they did an awesome job with the minor scripted events that have AI interacting with the world. Faces look incredible too, everything is super polished.

6CBA11E738AA553A492F3A50B8CDC3EF820768D9

3C49A3447A85DD004A44EFCB83AC0B7344EFA8D6

FC8BCC9CE47333FB078812B75BFBC2A355673192

F8387BB2A072BEDCBFB167EF98212BE00289E2BD

What an incredible OT!! Awesome Job and great work. Well worth the wait. I almost want to laugh at all of the people complaining about "Where is the OT?" So awesome!

RS4-

Emily Chu said:
@ what res ? 16x AF 4x AA as well ?

1080p ?
1080p. I'll take a shot of my settings in a bit.

2GB 6950 @ stock
2600k @ 4.4

How is it you still can't click on the minimap to choose your spawn point? Come on DICE, it was in BC2.

Yeah I don't like it either when you can't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom