• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, so they officially released it today???

Screenshot_54.jpg

In response to the large amount of players using a Korean VPN today to play Battlefield 3 one day early, EA have sent out an email to all those who bought on origin that they can access the game today instead of tomorrow. This is great news and we can’t wait to see the swarm come on the battlefield. Hopefully this will mean that EA will change the release dates for the rest of the world.

Battlefieldo assuming wrong or can everyone access it?

The wait for Amazon to ship my PS3 copy is unbearable. I was hoping it'd be here by mid-afternoon tomorrow so I can "come down with a cold" at work.

OG Kush

I heard there was a multiplayer tutorial on consoles? Is there one on PC? One that actually teaches people how to fly properly?

Prodigal

Banned
My friend is saying using that VPN method might lock you into that region's servers...any truth to this? Pretty sure he's full of it...

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Prodigal said:
My friend is saying using that VPN method might lock you into that region's servers...any truth to this? Pretty sure he's full of it...

He's full of it, just loaded up battlelog and all those severs are swedish/and/or close proximity to me.

Kyaw

Good lord. Just finished the main Campaign...

Just like the reviews said, nothing ground breaking but a thoroughly enjoyable ride of ups and downs.

Everything wrapped up nicely and many :( moments.

ONTO MULTIPLAYER!

J-Rock

Banned
Kyaw said:
Good lord. Just finished the main Campaign...

Just like the reviews said, nothing ground breaking but a thoroughly enjoyable ride of ups and downs.

Everything wrapped up nicely and many :( moments.

ONTO MULTIPLAYER!

How long did it take you to finish single player?

Hayvic

Why is my guy wearing glasses? And why are they smudgy? I want to clean them! Other than that, great visuals!

Also 'don't power off the machine during saves" message popped up on my PC version. Cue outrage!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
lawblob said:
How is the Ps3 version?
It seems pretty good from what I've seen. I'll be picking it up tomorrow morning. All the versions of the game look and run great (as long as you install the HD textures on 360). DICE did a great job with this one.

Stallion Free said:
Why is it for that every awesome looking bit I have to deal with shit like this?

[img*]http://www.abload.de/img/bf32011-10-2418-11-32-uy4s.png[/img]

[img*]http://www.abload.de/img/bf32011-10-2418-06-23-tzqt.png[/img]

[img*]http://www.abload.de/img/bf32011-10-2418-06-11-mlit.png[/img]

Yeah the effects are way overdone at times, even in multiplayer you sometimes can't see shit because of fancy effects blinding you.

d0c_zaius

RoboPlato said:
It seems pretty good from what I've seen. I'll be picking it up tomorrow morning. All the versions of the game look and run great (as long as you install the HD textures on 360). DICE did a great job with this one.

I'm mostly concerned about frame rate and screen tearing

The Faceless Master said:
the things you do while waiting...

Console:

4 Flags
Seine Crossing (5 in CQ64)
Kharg Island (5 in CQ64)
Caspian Border (5 in CQ64)

3 Flags
Grand Bazaar (5 in CQ64)
Tehran Highway (4 in CQ64)
Damavand Peak (5 in CQ64)
Noshahr Canals (? in CQ64)
Operation Metro (? in CQ64)
Operation Firestorm (5 in CQ64)

from the videos and screenshots i saw, the map boundaries in Tehran Highway and Damavand Peak are the same on CQ64 and Console, the only difference is the amount of flags.

Thanks for the info, much more informative and interesting to me than the rest. And pretty worrying.... Now if we could get each map overview for both 32 players and 64 players Conquest...

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Looks like they've put in some good work after the beta release, seems to look and run much better for me.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Metalmurphy said:
Did anyone buy the game on GreenManGaming?

Do you get anything else besides Back To Karkand? Any physical warfare pack or something?
When I entered the key into Origin it said it included the Physical Warfare pack, I guess it isn't unlocked yet.

Arment

Seriously every person who kills me is an engineer. Haven't been using vehicles either.

I've been playing Assault all day mostly.

Dakota47 said:
You don't need VPN. Just do this. Worked for me. Oh and don't forget to turn the proxy server off again after validating.

By turning off, just uncheck the box and erase the ip address? Thats what I did, I hope thats right, anyway I can tell im back my normal settings?

Surprised so many people give a damn about the SP, maybe it's me but I look at those lost as throw aways next to the MP. Same with cod games.

Oh, for the love of god please change the thread title

Game looks pretty good graphically but man it could look so much better.

I also want to punch the guy at dice who thought this was a good idea.

7F9FFAC0E1811A42B14CC0C74E531582E857F3CF

Cmon who thought blinding the player with their ugly sun glare effect would be a good idea.

Dakota47

KoruptData said:
By turning off, just uncheck the box and erase the ip address? Thats what I did, I hope thats right, anyway I can tell im back my normal settings?

I only unchecked the 'Use proxy server' box, I didn't erase the address. Didn't seem necessary. When I need to impersonate as a Korean again it might come in handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom