• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
WoodenLung said:
Kharg Island is so good. Just taking down chopper and jet each after each with my stinger missiles. Already had a lot of battlefield moments of crazy, like two jets colliding right in front of me on a roof, with headphones and wartapes on that shit got intense. Another one was standing inside a building while every wall just seemed to be destroyed by helicopters and a tanks, was panicking. :p

Oh and I have been wondering what they use this shovel for... When they have to shit on the battleground?

[]http://www.abload.de/img/bf32011-10-2422-40-12-3jvx.jpg[/IMG]

So there are boats... Wth was Gametrailers smoking?

Spl1nter said:
Operation Metro is certifiably the worst map DICE has ever released. Thank god the other maps played so far: Kharg, Firestorm, Caspian, Siene and Tehran are infinitely better.

Which modes? Really worried about CQ linearity.

Seanspeed

Banned
Spl1nter said:
Operation Metro is certifiably the worst map DICE has ever released. Thank god the other maps played so far: Kharg, Firestorm, Caspian, Siene and Tehran are infinitely better.
Good to hear, because as a Battlefield noobie, I had a ton of fun on Metro with the beta.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
derFeef said:
Have any of you tried playing/launching with the Steam overlay? I would prefer that, I know it worked in the beta somehow but I could not get it to work for me.

Tried what everyone was doing in the beta and it worked for me.

Disabled Origin in-game overlay.
Added Origin as a non-Steam game.
Launched Origin through Steam, launched BF3 through Origin.

derFeef

Ysiadmihi said:
Tried what everyone was doing in the beta and it worked for me.

Disabled Origin in-game overlay.
Added Origin as a non-Steam game.
Launched Origin through Steam, launched BF3 through Origin.
Oh, that's new information for me, my process was more complicated.
Thank you good sir.

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
Which modes? Really worried about CQ linearity.

have been playing only conquest 64. Metro is still only 3 control points but with 64 players. Firestorm is technically linear but doesn't play like that really because of how wide the map is. None of the other maps I have played are really that linear. Looks like devmand peak will be however.

TekDragon

Banned
Can someone PLEASE post conclusively about the hit detection issues from the Beta?

1. Received hit detection lag resulting in people going from 100% to 0% health before they even register a hit, or after only registering a single hit.

2. Received hit detection lag resulting in taking damage a significant amount of time after you're already in cover.

An example of both of these together would be running past a doorway, being 1-2 seconds past the doorway, and all of a sudden getting a single red flicker (received hit detect) and dying (100% to 0%) from fire coming from the other room.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
TekDragon said:
Can someone PLEASE post conclusively about the hit detection issues from the Beta?

1. Received hit detection lag resulting in people going from 100% to 0% health before they even register a hit, or after only registering a single hit.

2. Received hit detection lag resulting in taking damage a significant amount of time after you're already in cover.

An example of both of these together would be running past a doorway, being 1-2 seconds past the doorway, and all of a sudden getting a single red flicker (received hit detect) and dying (100% to 0%) from fire coming from the other room.
I've watched a lot of footage and both of these seem to be completely gone.

TekDragon said:

Put about 2 hours into the retail multiplayer and didn't run into any of these. They completely ruined the alpha and beta experiences for me.

I just received an email from Orgin thats says:

Thank you for ordering on Origin. The release date for the preorder product has changed. The product listed below will now be available on October 24, 2011.

Product Name: Battlefield 3™ Limited Edition

Tried to launch it and it says the release date is still 3 AM EST tonight/tomorrow.

This might sound weird, but can boats go backwards? It's possible it wasn't moving because I'd destroyed it, but the one time I was in a boat, it wouldn't go backwards.

Also dogs can't look up.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
WoodenLung said:
Oh and I have been wondering what they use this shovel for... When they have to shit on the battleground?

That, and improvised cover... foxholes, small trenches.

1-D_FTW

Spookie said:
I just finished that Jet sequence.

HOLY FUCKING SHITCAKES. I don't even. I can't begin to. Oh god I need to lie down.

As much as I want to hate the absolute rails nature of it, the level is so ridiculously beautiful it's hard not to be a little slack jawed.

I would pay money to play an arcade shooter that looked like that.

Spl1nter

TekDragon said:

There is definitely none of number 1. There can be slight cases of number 2 but the exact same proportion as there is in any other online game.

Hit detection does however degrade if you are playing on a far away server with someone say from Russia or Australia. I think the NeoGAF server will use a lower ping limit to stop this from occurring. Sorry Aussies.

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
How did this get started? They announced water vehicles (boats/APC's) months ago, at Gamescom I believe.

IGN, gametrailers or joystiq stated that they didnt exist in one of their reviews. lol

demolitio

WoodenLung said:
Infantry carry an entrenching tool that folds up for digging trenches, etc. on the fly but mostly as a jack of all trades type of tool. It'd be cool if you could use them ingame to dig a foxhole since terrain deformation is in the game.

But yes, it can also be used to deal with shit...lol

Cyrillus

So I got an email saying the pre-order release date had been changed from the 25th to the 24th. I open up Origin and it says it unlocks on the 25th. This is the second time EA has trolled me in the last month, wtf? (First time was an email pertaining to SW:TOR beta)

Cutwolf

So I've received two emails saying the release date has changed to 10/24. One was for physical warfare back, the other was for BF3 (PC).

Any ideas?

Release date checker still fails and says 10/25.

Nizz

Nice job with the thread Raptor! Real labor of love, guess your hands will be full with this one for a while. ;)

Just checked my Newegg account and the order went to charged status from processing status some moments ago. Going to be a long wait for me since I believe they're shipping the game 3 day select.

Cutwolf said:
So I've received two emails saying the release date has changed to 10/24. One was for physical warfare back, the other was for BF3 (PC).

Any ideas?

Release date checker still fails and says 10/25.
Same, though I haven't tried it yet. Though I'm just going to Worst Korea activate it when I get home, that did work right?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
my guess is that they are changing the release date because a ton of people are doing the vpn/proxy unlock thing.

They apparently haven't hit whatever server switch they can hit to truly unlock things worldwide, though.

They may just be changing the original release date to cover their butts on some legal agreements.

Spl1nter

Max said:
Sweet thanks.

Is this a one-time thing or can you do it as many times you want? I guess you'll be stuck with whichever origin name you have at the time when your soldier is created

There may be a short time limit involved between name changes (15-30 mins)

Peterthumpa

So, controller support is in, but really bad. I'm unable to do QTE with a gamepad (X360 one), and all the button prompts are displayed using keyboard keys instead of the gamepad buttons.

C'mon DICE, in this day and age, that's bullshit.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Campaign's pretty awful so far. Not BC2 awful, but very Call of Duty. Extreme handholding, extreme narrow hallway shooting gallery, and while the environments are gorgeous it's not moving along quite fast enough to keep me interested with eye candy alone. Also the dialogue is cringeworthy.

The vent QTE... *shakes head*

I want a proper flight game that uses this engine though, sheesh, that level was jawdroppingly beautiful. If only it wasn't "press 1, now press 2, now move your cursor a little, YOU WIN!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom