• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these things about mines, IRNV nerf, changes to coop points, this was all just for the PS3?

AFAIK, yes. And it's really just more bug fixes. The whole IRNV thing is a weird bug/nerf mix, as some maps have it working normally and some don't. It was just a few days ago that they were asking for ideas on how to nerf the IRNV, so whatever "nerf" came with the PS3 patch, I doubt it's intentional.

SCAR-H capacity, 30+1...what?

Must be a mistake.

BTW, it looks as if they've nerfed the M240 and M60. They used to do 34 damage at close range, meaning 3 hits to kill, while now they're down to 30 at close range. This leaves the Pecheneg as the only 3 hit support weapon.

M60 recoil seems to have been lessened as well.

Being able to spot mines seems like more than a bug fix. And I do hope PC gets the coop points reduced, I really hating grinding through those missions.

Must be a mistake.

BTW, it looks as if they've nerfed the M240 and M60. They used to do 34 damage at close range, meaning 3 hits to kill, while now they're down to 30 at close range. This leaves the Pecheneg as the only 3 hit support weapon.

M60 recoil seems to have been lessened as well.

Interesting. Seems like the 7.62 nerf was across the board.

Raul_Atreides

Neo Member
You get a prompt to press R to remove it. I've seen the prompt myself but never removed any (got way to confused) but friends of mine have successfully removed it. Maybe you have to play as Engineer to get the prompt, I haven't looked into it.

Ah, so you can pick C4 up just like with enemy mines? Good to know.

Also, looking at that chart the an-94 has a much higher fire rate for burst fire than full auto. Does that make it more effective for anyone that has tried it? I haven't used it yet, but loved the gun in BC2.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So finally decided to try Assault's AEK last night. It's a pretty good gun, I do have to admit. I don't think it out-performs my beloved F2000, but for some reason I just love the reload animation. Plus, I see so many F2000 that I might switch it up.

ziadoz

Neo Member
Did the PS3 patch reduce the amount of points in coop required to unlock MP weapons? The reason I ask is because I noticed I have the MP REX available now, and I've only got 10,000 XP in coop points (MP REX was 63,000 XP).

I think the only reason they nerfed the SCAR before the F2000 is because the F2000 is more of a "high level" gun. Because there's really no comparison when it comes to which is more imbalanced.

Demize did say they are going to tweak the F2000 though. They have been trying to keep true to life with ROF, so I don't think that will change, nor damage.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Did the PS3 patch reduce the amount of points in coop required to unlock MP weapons? The reason I ask is because I noticed I have the MP REX available now, and I've only got 10,000 XP in coop points (MP REX was 63,000 XP).

Yeah... I only had the MP7 unlocked. But after the patch I have everything. lol

commish

I think the only reason they nerfed the SCAR before the F2000 is because the F2000 is more of a "high level" gun. Because there's really no comparison when it comes to which is more imbalanced.

Demize did say they are going to tweak the F2000 though. They have been trying to keep true to life with ROF, so I don't think that will change, nor damage.

Nerf the F2000 but leave the AEK alone?

scogoth

I honestly don't think the AEK or F2000 are imbalanced compared to the other assault rifles (AN-94 excluded). Yes they are high ROF yes they have short time to kill but they have long reload times and greater recoil and sway than the other assault rifles. Having played through all the assault rifles extensively they all have their unique play styles and advantages. I beleive people think the F2000 and AEK are op because they are very well suited to close quarters combat but on the larger maps thats not an issue.

Now whether the assault rifles are balanced compared to the rest of the classes is a whole other topic.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm glad they changed it. Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to tie weapon unlocks to COOP?!

Same guy who thought flashlights was a good idea, or that OP Metro should be the beta map, or in the game at all... is my guess.

They got someone there with all sorts of bad ideas.

ziadoz

Neo Member
Same guy who thought flashlights was a good idea, or that OP Metro should be the beta map, or in the game at all... is my guess.

I think a lot of the bad level and game design decisions stem from the pressure put on DICE by EA to make something that appeals to the Call of Duty crowd (and to release earlier). At least that's the feeling I get. Hopefully after a few more balance patches things will even out.

Hopefully the Back to Karkand maps are good for Rush. My entry into BF was through BC2, so it'll be a new experience for me.

Compared to other AR's, F2000 has a some of the lowest vertical recoil but middle of the road horizontal recoil. It has the highest minimum spread while zoomed but some of the lowest spread while firing from the hip, and the lowest spread while firing on the move. Only the PDW's have lower spread while moving.

With such a high ROF, I think if they just gave it a little more recoil, or just made it so it wasn't one of the most accurate guns while moving, it would be more balanced.

The KH2002 and AEK are similar in some ways. I'm not saying a BIG nerf is needed (I didn't think the SCAR needed a damage nerf, but some other adjustment to make it harder to use would have been fine), but some kind of adjustment.

It's a nice idea, the problem is that the coop is really short so having to grind the same set of short 6 missions makes it incredibl frustrating.

It's a shame they aren't making any co-op maps out of the B2K DLC.

commish

I think a lot of the bad level and game design decisions stem from the pressure put on DICE by EA to make something that appeals to the Call of Duty ground (and to release earlier). At least that's the feeling I get.

Hopefully the Back to Karkand maps are good for Rusg. My entry into BF was through BC2, so it'll be a new experience for me.

The new maps and maybe 2 or 3 of the current maps are good enough to hold me for a while. I've put 80 hours into these maps and I still don't tire of them. Well, most of them.

It's a nice idea, the problem is that the coop is really short so having to grind the same set of short 6 missions makes it incredibl frustrating.

The weapon unlocks got me to play the coop which I probably would have skipped otherwise. I had a lot of fun running through them with a friend on voip. The sneaky sniper mission was really fun coordinating synchronized shots over voice chat.

It did get "grindy" after a few runs, I wish there were more coop missions. The chopper one was cool for getting the hang of helicopters. A coop jet mission with extremely hard enemy fighters would be great for learning to dogfight.

Deadly

If they nerf the F2000, people will probably switch to the AEK. I haven't tried it myself but apparently it's practically the same

redhot_

Ohhhhh are you talking about the guy who thought giving claymores to a class that can get an infinite amount was a good idea? lolol :p

If they nerf the F2000, people will probably switch to the AEK. I haven't tried it myself but apparently it's practically the same

I just realized that I had that gun unlocked yesterday (AEK). That thing is a monster. I got a ton of unlocks for it in just a few rounds of Sienne. I just unlocked the F2000 before I quit for the day so I'll give that one a try next time I play.

You know, I think the great accuracy while moving is really the only thing that makes the F2000 a step above the others. AEK has a better ROF but is more inaccurate/has more recoil. F2000 has slightly lower ROF but doesn't have as much recoil as the AEK.

Ohhhhh are you talking about the guy who thought giving claymores to a class that can get an infinite amount was a good idea? lolol :p

I thought you could only lay 2 claymores at a time before they start disappearing?

The weapon unlocks got me to play the coop which I probably would have skipped otherwise. I had a lot of fun running through them with a friend on voip. The sneaky sniper mission was really fun coordinating synchronized shots over voice chat.

It did get "grindy" after a few runs, I wish there were more coop missions. The chopper one was cool for getting the hang of helicopters. A coop jet mission with extremely hard enemy fighters would be great for learning to dogfight.

Yea some of the coop stuff was much better than the SP campaign garbage. Just 6 missions wasn't enough though. They needed more an perhaps more incentive to make players play through them multiple times outside of just gear grinds.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I pretty much always Conquest, but when I started I played Rush a lot. I tried a few matches last night and few, it was bad. No strategy forming, no direct attacks on the mcoms. Almsot every match ended on the first two bases. It was crazy. Atleast in Conquest, I can snatch zones by myself even with an utterly shit team.

ziadoz

Neo Member
I pretty much always Conquest, but when I started I played Rush a lot. I tried a few matches last night and few, it was bad. No strategy forming, no direct attacks on the mcoms. Almsot every match ended on the first two bases. It was crazy. Atleast in Conquest, I can snatch zones by myself even with an utterly shit team.

I think the problem with Rush has a lot to do with map design. In BC2 all I really played was Rush because it had some great maps like Atacama, Laguna Presa, Port Valdez, Arica, Oasis, Harvest and White Pass (after the MCOMs were moved). The only Rush maps I'm enjoying BF3 are Kharg, Firestorm and Caspian. I'm not a fan of the more infantry orientated maps at all (Bazaar, Seine and Metro).

GodofWine

No way that's real. Too many steps to do.

If they did that, took the time to do that, while not having functional chat and squad matchmaking (how do you not have that working...errr) on consoles...Id be so mad.

Edit - but would fly the shit out of that thing

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
No way it's real because the steps are outwardly obnoxious, time consuming, meticulous, not really related to Mass Effect (you'd think an easter egg this big would have some sort of ME type hint in a step to intiate it)and flying the ship does not look like it was built into the game at all. Lens falre blocking everything, it looks modded in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom