• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhot_

Balancing the FAMAS will be interesting. Demize said it's going to keep its real fire rate of ~1000 RPM.

Wow that's fast.. Going to be interesting to see what they do with that. I'm sure every one is going to be having fun with all the new guns, but I hope it doesn't make all the other assault rifles feel useless with that speed.

achapel

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489494744784/

Hi all,

We will release an update to the PC version of BF3 on Dec 6th -- that is, Tuesday morning around 8AM GMT next week. This coincides with an upgrade of many of our central systems which will be down for some hours starting around that time.

It will be both a client update -- approximately 2GB in size -- and a server update.

The client/server combination will be incompatible with older clients/servers. All players will be prompted to download the update once it has been released. All RSP companies will begin upgrading their servers at the same time.

The client update is large because it contains most of the content for Back to Karkand. This is not ideal, so we aim to make potential DLC content in the future as optional downloads.

Bugfixes:
Fixed a problem with spawn timer now showing blue border on startup and lost spawn point
Fixed a problem where player who joined queuing on End of round got spawn screen stuck on screen, but unable to do anything with it untill next round loaded
Fixed a problem where camera would change to 3rd person on killcam when killcam was turned off in server settings
Fixed stat references on several dogtags
Fixed for surveillance ribbon not counting TUGS
Fixed a missing combat area lines on the minimap for Grand Bazaar conquest small
Moved a tank spawn in US base on Caspian Border so it would not be destroyed by a falling tree
Fixed a problem where placing C4 with the russians soldier was playing US faction VO
Fixed a problem where TV guided missiles could be shot into its own helicopter and destroy it
Fixed a problem when attempting to fire lock on weapons without a target
Tweaked the chat, it should now be a bit easier to read
Fixed several vehicles that did not properly shoot rockets and guns towards their predictive sights
Fixed the G17 Supressed Laser not working properly
Added alternate HUD colors to help colorblinds
Added a network interpolation setting. This allows users with good bandwidth reduce latency, but might increase some stuttering. The user can find what works best for his connection by tweaking the slider.
Increased the Spawn protection radius on TDM
Fixed a problem with smoke on land vehicles, Missiles should now miss more often
Fixed a problem where users could end up with IRNV scope in any vehicle
Fixed a problem where player dies if vaulting over a ledge and into water while sprinting
Fixed several crashes and increased general stability
Fixed a problem where the user was unable to revive two players that have the bodies one over the other
Fixed so you can assign an axis and use as a digital input. This makes it possible for the player (on pc) to assign one of the sticks on a gameped to be used for throttle/brake.
Fixed a problem with the Kill camera acting up when suiciding from parachute
Fixed air radar was showing to much. now lasertagged, heatsignature above threshold, enemy missiles and capture points are only visible on air radar
Fixed a problem where the game would enter a technical hang if the user pressed pause menu and tilde at the same time
Fixed a problem where you could get green flashes on screen
You can now reassign cycle weapons
Fixed so the weapon zooms automatically after bipod deploy is gone when using zoom toggle
Fixed a problem where the parachute would stay stuck in air if the owner was killed

Balance Tweaks:
Fixed several weapons so they are properly suppressed and hide the player on the minimap when fired.
Tweaked Tactical Light so it is not as blinding over longer ranges.
Tweaked the IRNV scope so it is limited to usage only at close range.

Reduced heat masking effectiveness of Spec Ops Camo.
Fixed a bug where Ammo spec would give additional 40mm grenades instead of Frag spec.
Increased the number of additional 40mm grenades from Frag spec.
Fixed so AT mines only live for 20 seconds after a player dies to prevent infinite mines. (We want to make a different fix in the future, it’s in JIRA).
Increased the Time to Live on sniper caliber rounds to allow extreme distance shots.
Fixed several weapon descriptions, calibers, and fire rates. The weapons themselves have not changed.
Fixed so the M9 and MP443 pistol can be equipped by the opposing faction when it is unlocked at 100 kills.
Fixed Laser Guided Missiles missing their targets if the target is moving too fast.
Reduced the effectiveness of Stealth on Air Vehicles.
Reduced the effectiveness of Beam Scanning for Jets.
Reduced the damage done to Armored Vehicles and Infantry from AA guns.
Increased the damage RPGs and Tank shells do to AA vehicles.
Slightly decreased the accuracy for all weapons on fully automatic, burst fire is now preferable at mid to long range.
Increased the effective accuracy of long bursts for LMGs when using a bipod.
Slightly increased the range of the 44magnum bullets.
Increased the close range damage of 4.6x30mm and 5.7x28mm bullets.
Increased the reload time of the Mortar from 3.5sec to 4.8sec and increased the time it takes before a shell hits the ground.
Reduced the aimed accuracy bonus given by a Suppressor for the MP7, P90, PP2000, PP-19, and UMP45.
Increased the range and FOV for designating targets with the SOFLAM and vehicle Laser Designators.
Decreased the effectiveness of 12g FRAG ammo when equipped on semi-automatic and automatic shotguns.
Slightly Increased the power of Fighter Jet Cannons against all vehicle targets, especially Helicopters.
Decreased the power of Miniguns against Jets and Helicopters.
Increased the power of Stingers against Jets.
Flares reload times for Jets and Helicopter Gunners have been increased.
Tweaked the AN94 so its burst fire better conveys the real world advantage offered by this weapon.
Added Single Shot to the AN94 as an available fire mode.
Slightly increased the recoil on the M416 and removed the Burst Fire mode (this weapon incorrectly had burst fire, which was not authentic).
Tweaked the spawns for TDM on Kharg Island, Grand Bazaar, Caspian Border, Seine Crossing, Operation Firestorm, Damavand Peak and Noshahar Canals
Moved a tank spawn in US base on Caspian Border so it would not be destroyed by a falling tree
Tweaked the Gas station Capture area on Conquest on Caspian Border
Tweaked the max vehicle height on Noshahar Canals

Also, it will once again be possible to reduce the number of players required to start a round to 1 both in ranked and unranked mode. We changed it back after getting a lot of negative feedback from both individuals and the RSP companies.

Our plan is to introduce a warm-up mode, where players can move about and play the game, but with scoring disabled; then, when the number of players goes above the threshold -- that's when the real round starts.

Not a fan of the AT mine thing. Just make it so only 6 can be placed at a time and call it a day. I thought this is what it had changed to on PS3 with the latest patch?

Other notable changes:

Fixed a problem where TV guided missiles could be shot into its own helicopter and destroy it
Added alternate HUD colors to help colorblinds
Fixed a problem with smoke on land vehicles, Missiles should now miss more often
Fixed air radar was showing to much. now lasertagged, heatsignature above threshold, enemy missiles and capture points are only visible on air radar
You can now reassign cycle weapons
Fixed several weapons so they are properly suppressed and hide the player on the minimap when fired.
Reduced heat masking effectiveness of Spec Ops Camo.
Fixed so the M9 and MP443 pistol can be equipped by the opposing faction when it is unlocked at 100 kills.
Reduced the effectiveness of Stealth on Air Vehicles.
Reduced the effectiveness of Beam Scanning for Jets.

These could be substantial, too:

Tweaked the AN94 so its burst fire better conveys the real world advantage offered by this weapon.
Slightly increased the recoil on the M416 and removed the Burst Fire mode (this weapon incorrectly had burst fire, which was not authentic).

Oh, and this too!

Also, it will once again be possible to reduce the number of players required to start a round to 1 both in ranked and unranked mode. We changed it back after getting a lot of negative feedback from both individuals and the RSP companies.

Our plan is to introduce a warm-up mode, where players can move about and play the game, but with scoring disabled; then, when the number of players goes above the threshold -- that's when the real round starts.

mcp

Neo Member

I'm interested to see what this change will do to the radar. Combined with the decrease in stealth effectivness for air vechicles.

Hopefully those AN-94 changes will make it actually worth using. At the moment it is beyond useless compared to all the other ARs .

nice changelog! mostly...

Not a fan of the AT mine thing. Just make it so only 6 can be placed at a time and call it a day. I thought this is what it had changed to on PS3 with the latest patch?

hahah, well the extent of my testing was just suicide -> drop more mines

and the previous mines were gone so it could have been 20 seconds by then

That sounds like a fantastic patch, lot of great fixes. Funny after nerfing stingers down they are buffing them up again and nerfing flare reload times hehe.

Decreased accuracy while full auto?! what is this madness! :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

*boner* YESSSSSSSS. Now if the damage is nice I don't have to use the shitty burst fire for my BFF AN-94 BC2. :D!

TheSeks

So it's clear that enemy mines and explosives can be spotted now. I'm reading complaints that they ALWAYS display on the minimap, regardless of whether or not they're spotted? Seks, can you confirm?

I haven't played in a couple of days, but depending on plans tonight I should be able to confirm/deny that for you. Depending on if the teams are using them, anyway.

Whoops, double post.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That sounds like a fantastic patch, lot of great fixes. Funny after nerfing stingers down they are buffing them up again and nerfing flare reload times hehe.

Decreased accuracy while full auto?! what is this madness! :D

Decreased auto fire sucks, but I'll probably just start using burst fire on my AEK. Slowing flare reload times is going to have a big effect on jets.

demolitio

That patch sounds like a great start and the mines definitely needed tweaking or else tanks needed an explosive line charge specialization to balance it out and give them a chance if they want to sacrifice a spec.

The fixes to jets sounds awesome, especially the flight ceiling on Canals which made it pointless to dogfight...lol.

There's still a lot to be done so I hope they continue to tweak things with an open mind. at least BC2 was patched frequently so I expect the same here, but some of these problems should have never existed at launch. Some of the gameplay designs basically changed what BF was all about.

Edit: I'm taking a guess double XP servers are dangerous to join? I keep seeing them pop up and I keep asking myself why people would go in there if there's a chance to get banned.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

This would be a very welcome addition.

Babalu.

Awesome patch. Pretty much everything everyone was complaining about.

But does anyone know what this means?

"Increased the Time to Live on sniper caliber rounds to allow extreme distance shots"

TheSeks

Awesome patch. Pretty much everything everyone was complaining about.

But does anyone know what this means?

"Increased the Time to Live on sniper caliber rounds to allow extreme distance shots"

There's a time/range when the bullet stops being a bullet and... dies/disappears. This buff will allow longer range shots (see: greater than 900meters, IIRC) with the 12x scope for further sniper shots.

"Fixed a problem where TV guided missiles could be shot into its own helicopter and destroy it"

THANK GOD!

Everytime someone I didn't knew entered my heli as a gunner I had to keep it pointing upwards all the time or risk getting blown up -.-

Deadly

*boner* YESSSSSSSS. Now if the damage is nice I don't have to use the shitty burst fire for my BFF AN-94 BC2. :D!
hi5! AN-94 was so fucking goooood in BC2. I didn't even try it in BF3 yet cause everyone says it's TERRIBLE. Hopefully these tweaks make it good.

"Flares reload times for Jets and Helicopter Gunners have been increased."

Why just gunners? And holycrap this is gonna make piloting so much harder.

mcp

Neo Member
"Flares reload times for Jets and Helicopter Gunners have been increased."

Why just gunners? And holycrap this is gonna make piloting so much harder.

I haven't been hit by a missile in my jet for weeks when flying with flares. The only things that kill me are jet guns or crashing into lamp posts. So this should be interesting it might make me go back to extinguisher depending on how long it is.

Zeppelin

Increased the Time to Live on sniper caliber rounds to allow extreme distance shots.

Thank God for that. I never understood why they'd despawn the round at 975 m. Now I might be able to beat my old record of 968 m and finally get the 1 km HS I've wasted so many bullets trying to achieve!

Edit: Sad to see that there wasn't a SKS buff, that weapon is by far the worst Recon weapon.

mr_nothin

Banned
Wait what.

Why did they reduce the accuracy on full auto ? Did anyone complain about that?

TONS of ppl complained! Of all things to complain about...you complain about the reduced accuracy on full auto? It doesnt make sense that full auto > burst fire. I hope they reduced the accuracy substantially.

Anyways, patch sounds great and I like 99% of the changes (at least on paper).

I haven't been hit by a missile in my jet for weeks when flying with flares. The only things that kill me are jet guns or crashing into lamp posts. So this should be interesting it might make me go back to extinguisher depending on how long it is.

Jets, sure, but helis?

Stingers + AA guns + jets + other helicopters. There's someone locking on to you 99% of the time.

Either that or u're playing 1000 feet above ground all the time.

Yeah, some guns seem to still have ridiculous accuracy while on full auto. Looks like I'm gonna have to get less sloppy with my ol' M4A1.

I saw this video being posted on Battlefield facebook page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRTkHGysE3g

and my thought was "where the f is the recoil?" No wonder I keep getting owned by assaults. And people complain about the IRNV...

sp3000

Why was beam scanning reduced when it was the only way for guided missiles to be able to hit anything.

Now guided missiles are totally useless unless backed by a soflam which people rarely do.

Zeppelin

Jets, sure, but helis?

Stingers + AA guns + jets + other helicopters. There's someone locking on to you 99% of the time.

Either that or u playing 1000 feet above ground all the time.

You still have 2 sets of flares in the chopper. Hopefully this will force chopper crews to think a little bit more before they decide to make a sweep. They will still be able to rack up insane amounts of kills in that thing. Unless DICE has gone complete ape shit with the increased reload time that is (and you never know with DICE).

TheSeks

That video you linked says he's playing on PC and therefore "shifts the mouse down while firing to remove vert recoil." Not sure if that's true or not.

That video you linked says he's playing on PC and therefore "shifts the mouse down while firing to remove vert recoil." Not sure if that's true or not.

Recoil shouldn't be perfectly upwards to just move ur mouse down. It takes an insane amount of skill (close to impossible) to completely eliminate recoil just by moving the mouse. The problem there is the weapon.

There also doesn't seem to be any spread.

You still have 2 sets of flares in the chopper. Hopefully this will force chopper crews to think a little bit more before they decide to make a sweep. They will still be able to rack up insane amounts of kills in that thing. Unless DICE has gone complete ape shit with the increased reload time that is (and you never know with DICE).
Do they even work? AFAIK 2 sets of flared don't work. I always use ECM + Flares combo.

So the PC has two patches, the PS3 has one, and the 360 is still patchless. :/

Who do I blame so I can tell them to fix this shit?

How big was the PS3 patch? Because PC patches have been pretty big, and MS is not a fan of that.

Ehum? I'm pretty sure they do. Me and my bros use them all the time. At least I think we do... :|
The thing is, even though you hear the sound, if you set the camera to third person you don't see them deploying. And I can never be 100% sure if they work despite not seeing them, because some times missiles do hit even with flares, either due to SOFLAM or just bad luck.

I haven't been able to get a confirmation that they actually work on both seats at the same time.

For now I'll just keep using ECM + flares, that I know it works.

Zeppelin

The thing is, even though you hear the sound, if you set the camera to third person you don't see them deploying. And I can never be 100% sure if they work despite not seeing them, because some times missiles do hit even with flares, either due to SOFLAM or just bad luck.

I haven't been able to get a confirmation that they actually work on both seats at the same time.

Hm, okay. I'll have to look into it more closely. As it is right now we rarely need to deploy the second set but I'll investigate!

haxxarn

Neo Member
i dont know about you guys but maybe someone can create a thread to share some cool stuff they have done in bf3 like longshot headshots and such things. Dont have the privileges to do one myself, just thought it might be fun to watch. Here is my contribution:

http://youtu.be/lxHIOXIQLOM

How big was the PS3 patch? Because PC patches have been pretty big, and MS is not a fan of that

The PS3 patch was 767MB. It probably included the Karkland DLC as DICE tend to do. The PC patch next week is 2GB and DICE have confirmed it includes Karkland. They've stated that they're trying to reduce the size of the patches (on PC at least) by making the optional DLC to be optional downloads (novel idea).

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'll start by saying this: I'm not good at this game.

I've sunk about 7 and a half hours into this game, and I've only hit level 10.

I'm really trying to like this game, but I haven't been able to shake the thought that this is one of the least fun games I have played all year.

redhot_

I'm really trying to like this game, but I haven't been able to shake the thought that this is one of the least fun games I have played all year.

If your not already, you should play with friends. The game is miserable alone.

How big was the PS3 patch? Because PC patches have been pretty big, and MS is not a fan of that.

like 750MB

i'm sure the 360 will be handled like any other 360 game, including BC1 and BC2 where there's a title update and a dlc package that you get prompted to download.

why not Extinguisher + Flares?

Seanspeed

Banned

You do level slowly, I've found. Especially if you're playing on a console with only 24 players(less kills, revives, etc).

And there's definitely a difficulty curve to overcome. But once you do, its extremely satisfying to really have an effect on the battlefield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom