• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulfate

so i updated the game, now i cant join games or see my friendlist...what gives ive been out for awhile so forgive me if this has been answered.

redhot_

If you can spot that's great. It made no sense to remove that functionality when it was in BC2.

Ya I think the patch notes say that you can now spot explosives but i was just rolling around in a tank and they were just showing up all over my map. I did kind of like how you had to use the thermal optics to see them though :/

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Ya I think the patch notes say that you can now spot explosives but i was just rolling around in a tank and they were just showing up all over my map. I did kind of like how you had to use the thermal optics to see them though :/

Do you use the proximity scanner? It spotted mines in BC2 as well.

redhot_

Do you use the proximity scanner? It spotted mines in BC2 as well.

Can't remember off hand, It does say it just shows enemy units. I do remember on noshahr canals tonight having to throw grenades on all the mines around A in conquest because they were still on the map after ditching a LAV lol.

Daigoro

Achievement/Trophy list been posted yet for Back to Karkand?

Silver - Complete Warrior: Got a kill with the following weapons in a single life: Assault Rifle, Jet, Tank

Bronze - Third Tour: Got a kill with each of the following vehicles: the BTR-90, DPV and F-35

Bronze - Gunslinger: Got 10 kills with each of the ten Back to Karkand weapons

Silver - Like a Boss: Got a kill with the skid loader

Bronze - Jaws: Took a swim in the Oman Hotel swimming pool

fucking christ.

multiplayer achievements were so reasonable up until this shit. i still dont have 1 kill in a jet. not that i ever hop in them. now ill be forced to if i want that achievement.

this should be fun.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Does the AEK's silencer work?

There's a bug with some of the guns that will still show on the minimap even with a silencer, so no: Not currently. (And the silencers are mostly useless outside of maybe rare situations anyway)

aznpxdd

This is so true about support. I don't know how many times I've come across one on my team camping a hallway prone. They're sitting there lighting up the hallway and most times not hitting much. I usually come up behind them and with my F2000 in 5 seconds kill the guy they've been trying to kill for 5 minutes.

Um, I'm pretty sure that's the exact role of the support class. Huge magazines to keep the enemies suppressed while his teammates can flank them. You should be thanking him.

Daigoro

support is my favorite class and i run and gun almost exclusively.

c4 is god and support ribbons flow like wine.

m249 4 life.

eek5

This is so true about support. I don't know how many times I've come across one on my team camping a hallway prone. They're sitting there lighting up the hallway and most times not hitting much. I usually come up behind them and with my F2000 in 5 seconds kill the guy they've been trying to kill for 5 minutes.

Suppression.. how does it work!?

There's a bug with some of the guns that will still show on the minimap even with a silencer, so no: Not currently. (And the silencers are mostly useless outside of maybe rare situations anyway)

There is a bug but the AEK isn't affected. The affected weapons are:
  • M16A3
  • M16A4
  • A-91
  • M4A1
  • M4
  • SCAR-H
  • SG553
  • G36C
  • M27 IAR
  • RPK-74M
  • M240B
  • M60E4
  • TYPE 88
  • PP2000
  • UMP-45
  • MP7
  • PDW-R
  • AS VAL
Source: http://symthic.com/?s=bf3

Enkidu

I did kind of like how you had to use the thermal optics to see them though :/
You totally didn't though. I don't know if it's just a problem with careless players or if the console resolution has something to do with it, but I can see mines perfectly well without any thermal optics. Of course, I seem to be the only one on my team who does, hence why I wanted to be able to spot them (great that they seem to have added that).

Kak.efes

IRNV is pretty much pointless to equip now. It made me so distraught, I played CO-OP for the first time.

The point requirement to unlock the CO-OP weapons has been reduced by quite a bit. I played Fire from Above on hard a few times, and got around 15k score each time. I unlocked every weapon except the final two. Which leads me to my question, are any of the CO-OP weapons good?

IRNV is pretty much pointless to equip now. It made me so distraught, I played CO-OP for the first time.

The point requirement to unlock the CO-OP weapons has been reduced by quite a bit. I played Fire from Above on hard a few times, and got around 15k score each time. I unlocked every weapon except the final two. Which leads me to my question, are any of the CO-OP weapons good?

I like the MP412, haven't used the others much. Just unlocked the 44 mag so I'll probably put the 412 away now.

Am I the only one that constantly gets shot out of helicopter (scout/attack/transport) by random small arms fire? This happens nearly every time I'm in one, and even occasionally when I'm hit by an AA missile that would otherwise not kill me.

It's not as if I'm sat hovering, either. I'll be zooming around and someone will decide to spray and pray my cockpit (it doesn't even have to be head-on) and I just drop dead. Incredibly frustrating.

Also, it's a joke that Canal's defenders get the AA vehicle. And that map could do with having it's ceiling raised. Don't think I've ever seen a pilot do particularly well.

Raul_Atreides

Neo Member
Hey fellow C4 bros, have you noticed that your C4 sticks around when you die and respawn? A couple of times today i got killed by a tank after i planted c4 on it, and noticed when I respawned that there were C4 icons on the map moving with the tank so i triggered and they blew up the tank! Is this new or has it always been this way?

Marvie_3

Banned
Hey fellow C4 bros, have you noticed that your C4 sticks around when you die and respawn? A couple of times today i got killed by a tank after i planted c4 on it, and noticed when I respawned that there were C4 icons on the map moving with the tank so i triggered and they blew up the tank! Is this new or has it always been this way?

My C4 always seems to disappear

oh boy, don't tell me they broke that AGAIN

*makes a note to test it on PS3*

Welp Dice just made mines useless. You got to be blind to not see them now.

yeah, they're SUPER EASY to spot on PS3.

in BC2, you had to be really close to them to spot them, in this i swear you just press spot and your minimap just lights up red.

i guess they don't need to fix the not being able to see AT Mines on 360 when using vehicle infrared bug now...

Am I the only one that constantly gets shot out of helicopter (scout/attack/transport) by random small arms fire? This happens nearly every time I'm in one, and even occasionally when I'm hit by an AA missile that would otherwise not kill me.

It's not as if I'm sat hovering, either. I'll be zooming around and someone will decide to spray and pray my cockpit (it doesn't even have to be head-on) and I just drop dead. Incredibly frustrating.

Also, it's a joke that Canal's defenders get the AA vehicle. And that map could do with having it's ceiling raised. Don't think I've ever seen a pilot do particularly well.

I was getting lit up by small arms in the little bird today, I turned the chopper away from where I thought the shooters were but I was still taking damage.

Can they hit me inside the chopper from below/behind or only through the glass?

I hate the ceiling on canals too. The jet is no fun on that one, no idea why it is so low.

Zeppelin

Not sure how I feel about mines getting spotted and showing up on the mini map. They were pretty fucking useless as they were against everything but jeeps anyway and I doubt making them even more useless is gonna make that many people switch to other classes than Engineer. Some people simply can't aim that well and need the splash damage from the RPGs to make their mark on the stats screen.
trollface.svg

C4 still being triggerable when you respawn isn't that much of a problem. One can simple remove it from inside the tank anyway.

Divius

I hope this doesn't ruin my fun of using mines :(
I hope it does ;)

Had a 'fun' round on Kharg yesterday. 1000 ticket server, fast vehicle respawn. I took the mobile AA and just stood somewhere kinda hidden and must have made 30 kills while dying twice. Choppers and jets went down like flies and I even took out 3 tanks who came for me along with a handful of infantry.

I hate to say it, but I think the mobile AA is very overpowered.

Infantry goes down with 3 shots?
You can pretty successfully take out tanks if you spot them before they spot you.
Aircraft don't stand a change. Once they get hit they lose control and go down within seconds.

edit: also: Rank 40, hooah!

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I feel like canals is too small for jets.

Canals (CQ) feels like an unfinished map to me. The low ceiling, imbalance regarding vehicles on the small version, tons of wasted space on the large version...

The only fun I ever have on it is battles over the Stormdrain CP.

Canals should be a Conquest Assault map.

You are a goddamn genius. I never thought of that, but it'd definitely work.

BTW, Denkirson released his weapon stats. I prefer the presentation of the other guy's, but this one is updated:

chartbase3.png

Zeppelin

Gee, ya think ?

Reason why I've dubbed it the Cheesemobile. In good hands it will be IMPOSSIBLE to take out and DICE needs to nerf bat it, hard.

It's pretty weak when it's out too far on the map, assuming the other team doesn't suck. Go past your first flag on any map with it and I will eat you alive with a tank. Loose track of one plane and you'll get rocket'd into oblivion. But yes, I don't know what they smoked at the DICE offices the day they decided it needed a buff against infantry.

So wait was another patch released? I haven't played for a day, don't see anything... nerfs, coop points reduced? What systems? Patch notes? wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom