• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm find myself loving just running around with pistols on hardcore servers. The .45's have excellent range now, getting kills from real far with them. Doing it to grind up Recon xp just because I'm not a fan of playin sniper hehe

...... so don't you get bored and want some variety? I mean at least try and play the other 2 classes
support doesn't count, its truly a boring useless class

This is why we don't give you any ammo

...... so don't you get bored and want some variety? I mean at least try and play the other 2 classes
support doesn't count, its truly a boring useless class

Support is where it's at. Not only are you a walking tank with a 200 round magazine and unlimited ammo, you also have either C4 (the best tool at destroying tanks in the game), Claymores (awesome in Rush) or the fucking Mortar which allows you to terrorise an entire sector of the map.

Plus, they're the least common class, so you're always an asset to the team and get tons of free resupply points.

scogoth

Support is where it's at. Not only are you a walking tank camper with a 200 round magazine and unlimited ammo(perfect for camping), you also have either C4 (the best tool at destroying tanks in the game), Claymores (awesome in Rush camping) or the fucking Mortar which allows you to terrorise camp an entire sector of the map.

Plus, they're the least most common class campers, so you're always an asset to the team camping and get tons of free resupply cheap points.

Thats how I see it

Whining about camping in a BF game? Seriously?

Support is where it's at. Not only are you a walking tank with a 200 round magazine and unlimited ammo, you also have either C4 (the best tool at destroying tanks in the game), Claymores (awesome in Rush) or the fucking Mortar which allows you to terrorise an entire sector of the map.

Plus, they're the least common class, so you're always an asset to the team and get tons of free resupply points.

Find chokepoint filled map like Metro, drop ammo, lay down and build up points and awards. Win

I have such a love/hate relationship with this game.

Every single day when I turn it on for the first time it goes:

Join
>something went wrong battlelog crash
Join
>disconnected from ea online battlelog crash
Join - by now it normally works

When playing I crash to desktop all the time with no error messages. Sometimes it locks up hard and I have to ctrl alt del to see the battlefield 3 stopped working message.

Is it like this for anyone else?

You can stack those? Does the painter replace stealth, belt speed, etc?

I ask because top attacking that dick AA tank on Canals Rush could help a lot. That thing is so OP. Also, yeah top attacks miss a lot! :\

It's stackable, and it's awesome when it works. The LP goes in the top slot, and the missles in your weapon slot.

So many times I've had a tank locked, I watch the missle go in for the top-attack, and then it completely misses. Even on static targets. It's very frustrating.

I know a couple of pages back I said that I was growing tired of this game. That comes more out of frustration. It's definitely a battlefield game, but how does it ship out with this many oversights that even a cursoury playthrough of a couple rounds would bring to attention.

In a few months after these issues are patched and we have more maps, it's going to be one of my favorite FPSs of all time. Right now, it seems like a work in progress we're all enjoying.

I have such a love/hate relationship with this game.

Every single day when I turn it on for the first time it goes:

Join
>something went wrong battlelog crash
Join
>disconnected from ea online battlelog crash
Join - by now it normally works

When playing I crash to desktop all the time with no error messages. Sometimes it locks up hard and I have to ctrl alt del to see the battlefield 3 stopped working message.

Is it like this for anyone else?

The bolded happens to be all the time. So frustrating. I don't get random crashes to desktop though, that never happens to me.

Bazaar, Metro, Tehran, All rush maps. Not saying their aren't good support players but most (>95%) are campers. Same with Recon, actually just 95% of BF3 players are bad.

BF games have always be in large part about "camping" as it's territorial control game play. Support and recon classes are basically designed around static gameplay, it's part of objective style territory holding gameplay, especially attack and defend scenarios like Rush.

Camping bothers you, then play TDM

Whenever I'm awarded the "best squad" ribbon (or whatever it's called), I can't help but think I'm in "HERO SQUAD."

M6sBo.jpg

I can't be the only one, can I?

daedalius

Just always think to yourself: 1080p, 60fps, GAF server.

Your urge to play will go instantly.

I don't know, my game seems pretty laggy on the 64 player GAF server, I also turn off a bunch of the AA because I don't have a good enough video card to support everything on the highest settings.

So yea, that stuff doesn't really do anything for me.

Picked this game up off Amazon for the 360. Haven't played a full BF release since BF1942 (had BF1943 last year), and I've just got no idea what the hell is going on.

Is DICE fixing the bugged Conquest icons? Like when you're capturing a point, the blue circle will fill up completely only to turn orange. Oh, so the enemy has me outnumbered and I wasn't taking the point even though the game told me I was. Nice to find that out right now and now earlier.

If that 6 max mines thing comes to 360, I'll probably end up playing an entirely different class.

good, more AT Mine kills for me! 6 max is how it's supposed to be, that's why it was limited to 6 per life. i mean, it could be worse, in BC1 it was 5 and they disappeared when you respawned.

Whats the max now? I think 6 is the correct max, anything else is probably a bug that will get fixed.
it was definitely a bug. pre-patch, you could put down 6 before they would start to disappear, but when you respawned, the old ones didn't disappear. now, with the patch in place, the old ones disappear properly and limit you to 6 max.

AndyD

aka andydumi
it was definitely a bug. pre-patch, you could put down 6 before they would start to disappear, but when you respawned, the old ones didn't disappear. now, with the patch in place, the old ones disappear properly and limit you to 6 max.
Wow, so you could lay 5, die, lay 5, die, lay 5 and all 15 would stay? That sounds awful. The whole place would be covered all the time.

paskowitz

IRNV is super nerfed and basically useless for me now. Its like I am firing into a haze. SCAR damage is less, but not as bad as I expected.

In other news, I am 4000 points away from getting the TV missile for the chopper. From the youtube videos I have seen, tanks might as well pack their bags and go home.

Raine

I don't know what's going on with IRNV. I played a quick game of Rush on Caspian Border and it looked the same. Then I went out, played Damavand Peak, and now Metro and it looks HORRIBLE.

I don't know what's going on with IRNV. I played a quick game of Rush on Caspian Border and it looked the same. Then I went out, played Damavand Peak, and now Metro and it looks HORRIBLE.

IRNV is super nerfed and basically useless for me now. Its like I am firing into a haze. SCAR damage is less, but not as bad as I expected.

Hmm, this is weird.

So are any of the gaf servers still active (preferably NA)? If so, how do I find them? I could never find a place to type an ip.

Seems like Chapel's is down for now, but we're about to get the "official" one back up with a new server provider, in the next day, if not tonight.

jaaz

Bazaar, Metro, Tehran, All rush maps. Not saying their aren't good support players but most (>95%) are campers. Same with Recon, actually just 95% of BF3 players are bad.

This is so true about support. I don't know how many times I've come across one on my team camping a hallway prone. They're sitting there lighting up the hallway and most times not hitting much. I usually come up behind them and with my F2000 in 5 seconds kill the guy they've been trying to kill for 5 minutes.

Jas

Yeah it varies from map to map. It's useless on Grand Bazaar but works fine on Seine Crossing.

Raine

Yeah it varies from map to map. It's useless on Grand Bazaar but works fine on Seine Crossing.
Yeah and it doesn't seem to be an intended effect. Plenty of people complaining about it on Twitter and "We're aware of the situation and working on it" seems to be the reply most of the time.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Just got a flight stick but can't seem to get spotting to work no matter what button I bind it to. Oddly enough, commo rose works fine. Any ideas?

Cobra84

Welp Dice just made mines useless. You got to be blind to not see them now.

Good, the less reasons to be an engineer the better off this game will be. Rockets and powerful mines at the same time was a dumb idea. Hopefully my damaged vehicles get repaired now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom