• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma

searched the psn store, nothing yet. US side here.

though there are a few B2K servers on the server browser but I get redirected to the vanilla maps :lol:

New chat window is great

chatpxyja.jpg

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hope they give some B2K away... i dont have enough PSN Credits ;__;

Everything about this patch is :O
  • Better netcode (with help of network smoother slider)
  • Toggle chat box to always on | always hidden | popup
  • SOOO SMOOOTH
  • Seperate vehicle sensitivity
  • Much better text/font used
  • Chatbox is soo great now that i leave it on (much better placement)
  • Burst > Full Auto = omg!
  • Ping on scoreboard

So many things they got right with this patch

I jizzed. Looks like it's time to jump back into BF3.

Just played a round of rush, that really is where all the idiots come. As the attacker I put a spawn beacon inside a building right next to the mcom and they kept failing to realize me and my team mates were spawning right behind them.

Jburton

Banned
Servers seem to getting hammered right now. It was supposed to take 17 minutes. I'm at 62% after 20 minutes and 15 minutes left.

Finished installing, just in a game ...... and the missus rang me from work on her lunch break!

lol, cant be too mad as she just told me she is getting me an ipad 2 for xmas.

But I do want to shout a little!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Which i dont own

Then cough up $15 USD, sucker.

The LE had a different box art or something? I dont know if i have it.

Yes. Instead of the typical boxart, you only have the "burning man" in addition to an ugly orange triangle at the top left letting you know you get GB2/Karkand/ free.

aznpxdd

Wait, so, why am I downloading a 3.9GB patch? So they decided to let us download B2K first...and not letting us play until a week later? Lame.

With my shit internet connection in China, I would really prefer to download the patch only for now...

So they really nerfed full auto fire pretty well? I hated how assaults and carbines could basically be running while shooting full auto with little to no recoil.

There are non LE copies of BF3 out there that people have? I still see the LE on shelves everywhere and it's priced normal retail price. Figured everyone had gotten it since its so plentiful and free B2K

There are non LE copies of BF3 out there that people have? I still see the LE on shelves everywhere and it's priced normal retail price. Figured everyone had gotten it since its so plentiful and free B2K

There was sold none limited editions a lot of places that were a good bit cheaper.

There was sold none limited editions a lot of places that were a good bit cheaper.

Hmm odd, at Target and Best Buy yesterday saw nothing but LE's still on the shelf.

Assume all those half off sale copies that appeared in the last two weeks were non LE. Guess that would be why so many are ending up without B2K right off the bat.

eek5

never had an issue with the controls ....... voice chat sure.

input lag / non linear aiming acceleration on PS3

the latter is way more noticable on higher sensitivities where you'll lose control on the outer edges of the aiming circle but have almost no sensitivity around the center area

SLV

Something aint right, this 3.9 gb patch has completely broken my BF 3: Digital LE for PC. I cannot get it full screen no matter what i do, also getting weird black mountain top silhouets all the time of the top on my screen ... Rechecking installation doesn't help either.

Anyone else have something like that ?

Something aint right, this 3.9 gb patch has completely broken my BF 3: Digital LE for PC. I cannot get it full screen no matter what i do, also getting weird black mountain top silhouets all the time of the top on my screen ... Rechecking installation doesn't help either.

Anyone else have something like that ?

I had the black silhouette problem before but haven't had it after the patch yet.

SLV

I had the black silhouette problem before but haven't had it after the patch yet.

:(

Dunno what to do

EDIT: Stupid me, teamviewer was at fault for the full screen thing, and it also got rid odd the silhouett problem, btw, seems that the patch has switched conquest flags around a bit in some maps.

Everything about this patch is :O
  • Better netcode (with help of network smoother slider)
  • Toggle chat box to always on | always hidden | popup
  • SOOO SMOOOTH
  • Seperate vehicle sensitivity
  • Much better text/font used
  • Chatbox is soo great now that i leave it on (much better placement)
  • Burst > Full Auto = omg!
  • Ping on scoreboard

So many things they got right with this patch

What do you mean smooth? Did they improve the framerate?

Rapstah

The changes to Battlelog are welcome. The ping boxes after matches are also welcome, although it refuses to show MY ping (is it counting people's ping to you? That's worthless if so). The chat box is welcome.

However this patch broke this one camouflage for me. I think it's spec ocs camo? All I know is that two or three players per round walk around in what the game renders as bright orange and completely unshaded black camouflage.

EDIT: Not to mention the "spawn" button being inactive until you CAN press it. I can't count how many times I accidentally spawned on a teammate because I pressed the button two seconds before I could spawn before this patch. No more!

For some reason it doesn't display your own ping, just everyone else's.

Edit: Great minds.

It's not fixed by running as admin either, I've got Chrome, BF3.exe and Origin running as admin, and it still doesn't show my ping. Must be a bug.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
:(

Dunno what to do
I haven't had that bug since the last nvidia beta driver, but when I had it, this usually fixed it: Look all the way down and alt+tab out of the game. When you go back it should be okay

edit: Are flashlights nerfed in this patch?

Shoulda let the game patch before I went to work, meh. So how far of range did they nerf the IRNV? I'm hoping it's not completely useless now, but as long as you can't spot a sniper a mile away with it or see long ranges, it should be pretty balanced.

Only had one game so far, but they seem to have changed how helictoper rockets work. They're now much more affected by your airpseed/momentum in respect of where they actually fly. As such it's now fucking impossible to accurately land a full salvo at short to mid range when changing speed/maneouvering.

Oh well, good thing the opponents where rockets are most needed such as mobile AA and tanks can't kill you instantly! Oh wait.

Well at least now using the tv missile doesn't randomly kill you when firing it! Oh wait, but (as far as I know) it's still randomly useless doing zero damage or bouncing up into the sky leaving the gunner unable to do anything at critical moments.

TheSeks

What are does gun stats with the funny names right after the ribbons?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Looks like they've added a "fog" layer or something at range to the IRNV.

I said last week: The IRNV on PS3 got "nerfed" with a weird fog effect at close-mid range and it has a slower scope-pull up/adjustment effect. It's not as clear and "hax" anymore. It's still able to be abused but it's going to deter most people now since on daytime maps you can't see people as clearly anymore.

Check these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKc-GPhDOVI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-LgkFJ9_cI

Looks like they've added a "fog" layer or something at range to the IRNV.

It doesn't seem to be even picking up people at close range, wtf. Theres people less than 10 feet away that have no heat signature. Seems completely useless in that footage if it can't even spot close range people. Unless they are attempting to make it useless in areas with light? Does it work better in dark areas?

It doesn't seem to be even picking up people at close range, wtf. Theres people less than 10 feet away that have no heat signature. Seems completely useless in that footage if it can't even spot close range people. Unless they are attempting to make it useless in areas with light? Does it work better in dark areas?

Let's be honest here, the only meaningful way to "nerf" the IRNV is to make it useless. They can't just take it out of the game because then you're a feature less than before etc, but it's such an obviously stupid thing to have in a competitive videogame all they can do is quietly kill it off by making it so no one uses it.

Let's be honest here, the only meaningful way to "nerf" the IRNV is to make it useless. They can't just take it out of the game because then you're a feature less than before etc, but it's such an obviously stupid thing to have in a competitive videogame all they can do is quietly kill it off by making it so no one uses it.

This is silly, it should have SOME usage at least. From those videos it's either bugged or just completely pointless. The biggest problem with it was that it was too clear and that it could spot a person at unlimited range when the real thing doesn't even work that way. Its not even highlighting people in that video who are less than 10 feet away. Course according to forum posts, half the game should be "removed" from the complaints instead of simple fixes or tweaks.

Making it short range would be a fairly big nerf on itself since it makes anyone at medium/long range invisible when you are using that scope. Lot of folks would simply not use it, but in the video posted it doesn't even seem to work at short?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I said last week: The IRNV on PS3 got "nerfed" with a weird fog effect at close-mid range and it has a slower scope-pull up/adjustment effect. It's not as clear and "hax" anymore. It's still able to be abused but it's going to deter most people now since on daytime maps you can't see people as clearly anymore.

Just because I is black. :(

akira28

Ok...I just tried to start BF3 and it tells me it's not installed. So this is just Origins fucked up way of auto-patching then? ....Because I about threw my mouse. The first time it did this it deleted the whole game...

Rapstah

IRNV still serves pretty well as a way to remove all light bias from a situation so you can get a clear view of any 3D spotted targets. That is completely different from its pre-patch usage and won't work at all on Hardcore servers.

Also, fun playing, Woodenlung, a shame I had to leave.

TheSeks

IRNV works in dark tunnels still, IIRC. But in daylight maps it's pretty useless unless you're good with making out targets in the "fog." The nerf was needed for the daylight/90% of the time maps/situations. It was utter hax without it.

IRNV works in dark tunnels still, IIRC. But in daylight maps it's pretty useless unless you're good with making out targets in the "fog." The nerf was needed for the daylight/90% of the time maps/situations. It was utter hax without it.

I just tried the IRNV in Caspian and I was still easily seeing people from a long distance. :/

I just tried the IRNV in Caspian and I was still easily seeing people from a long distance. :/

This is odd, nerf videos show people completely invisible at long range using IRNV in most situations with no heat signatures appearing on people. Is it different on PS3?

Making it a night time use scope would be best no doubt, but of course they need to put in night time option for use on more maps instead of just the one night map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom