• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spl1nter

Are the maps in this game (Conquest mode) as bad as everyone says? I've already felt burnt once by MW3, where the maps are horrendous.

With B2K in one week (today on ps3) the map pool is pretty decent.

Karkand
Oman
Wake
Sharqi
Caspian
Kharg
Firestorm
Bazaar

scogoth

i've got an idea that i might have seen Sniper Rifle tracers in this guys long-range sniping video in BF3 on caspian? Someone on GAFposted it and everyone went insane about how good he was.

Here it is Found it.

BTW his last 3 kills on Operation Firestorm are NOT edited together, the rest should be, look at the ammo counter to tell when he cuts if you can't hear. The guy is talking in the video, maybe you can use the [CC] on youtube to read what he says.

-That said, if you are hearing impaired and BF3's tracers are too small or nearly nonexistant to aid you then I'd suggest you either re-setup your sniper so you can stay scoped and watch the round hit/miss OR try other methods of killing if sniping is frustrating you too much in a round or something. No use getting pissed over a game bro. :)

Some amazing sniping, but still the bullet velocity needs to be upped to real speeds with matched low drag ammunition. I want to see the 2000m+ kills

With B2K in one week (today on ps3) the map pool is pretty decent.

Karkand
Oman
Wake
Sharqi
Caspian
Kharg
Firestorm
Bazaar

You forgot 24/7 1000 ticket NO BLEED 64 player Operation Metro Conquest MAV/Knife Only!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
i'm sure that right after the PC update tomorrow, there will be PC servers running the B2K maps unofficially...

Did that happen with the "VIP" maps in BC2?

Also Cuban: That dude is really good with the ballistic scope. I can't use that for anything other than "this is where the bullet will hit" mid-close range sniping since the guns fall far too short for that scope or hell the 7x either. And yeah, there's tracers there. But it's still hard to see when unscoped.

Sniper rifles don't need improvements, the recon class should have it's points adjusted for doing it's roles. They make little points compared to other classes doing their job, they should get bonuses for using their equipment to compensate and bring them in line with the points the others can generate.

yeah, buff the motion assist points, buff the spot assist points, buff the laser targeting points.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
yeah, buff the motion assist points, buff the spot assist points, buff the laser targeting points.

I hope they actually focus on making it useful first. The most recent update made it turn slow as balls (which with a mouse is especially bad) and the range is pitiful. Everytime I pick the SOFLAM I always end up thiking, "Why did I even bother?"

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I hope they actually focus on making it useful first. The most recent update made it turn slow as balls (which with a mouse is especially bad) and the range is pitiful. Everytime I pick the SOFLAM I always end up thiking, "Why did I even bother?"

Because you're helping the team!

"BUT NO ONE USES IT!"

...Okayface.jpg

I unlocked the P90 today - pretty nice gun right there. I grabbed a kit with the ASVAL (not sure if thats correct name) rifle. That thing is a monster. I'm in a rush to unlock that now, can't wait.

mr_nothin

Banned
Everything about this patch is :O
  • Better netcode (with help of network smoother slider)
  • Toggle chat box to always on | always hidden | popup
  • SOOO SMOOOTH
  • Seperate vehicle sensitivity
  • Much better text/font used
  • Chatbox is soo great now that i leave it on (much better placement)
  • Burst > Full Auto = omg!
  • Ping on scoreboard

So many things they got right with this patch

Nabs

Yeah, the chatbox is finally decent again.

The FOV felt a little weird, maybe it's because I haven't bothered launching this game in weeks.

disconq7wt3.jpg

:(

Nabs

I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but the MAV felt pretty good last round. I'll test it out tonight in some CQ.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Not sure why they couldn't make B2K an optional update so I could grab it overnight or something, rather than having to download 4GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom