• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did lock-on's get semi broken or something? I've found myself randomly getting the quick beeps to indicate a missile in the air without the usual lock-on process. Has happened quite a few times.

I've also had a fair amount of crashes as it loads the next round. Doesn't crash per se, but it'll show that flashing loading (the one before the actual map image) and hang there until I alt f4.

I wish they had an B2K-only map rotation.

Actually it seems they do already. The server browser shows DICE servers which are labelled as B2K, although they were glitched when I tried them out as it loaded the wrong map, which also wouldn't start at all despite there being enough players.

Anyway I've been able to play B2K only rotations by using the quick match option and selecting Conquest with a new map, such as Wake. I haven't tried it with Rush or any other gamemodes, but I imagine the same thing is set up for them as well.

i dunno why people are celebrating a camping/sniper buff...

I see what you are saying, but god damn if I don't hate IRNV with a passion. It should be removed all together, I will take nerfing for now. Yeah, I hate campers and snipers with a passion, but I hate IRNV even more. Will people wait, proned out, with the new limited IRNV? Probably so. I just hope it reduces the amount of IRNV users overall though, I can't say enough how much I think that IRNV is just bogus bullshit.

I see what you are saying, but god damn if I don't hate IRNV with a passion. It should be removed all together, I will take nerfing for now. Yeah, I hate campers and snipers with a passion, but I hate IRNV even more. Will people wait, proned out, with the new limited IRNV? Probably so. I just hope it reduces the amount of IRNV users overall though, I can't say enough how much I think that IRNV is just bogus bullshit.

yeah, but those are the most bogus users of them all.

Outside of Prone clipping you're vastly overrating people camping. I haven't had too many issues with prone campers outside of wallclipping.

wallclipping prone campers are my ailment and IRNV was the solution. looks like the new solution is just quit the game if randoms are doing stupid shit while i am completing objectives.

Pennybags

Man, that F35 is an ugly little thing.

U3gcV.jpg

Camping is part of Battlefield, always has been. It's an objective control game, hence the natural occurrence of camping. Sides have to camp often to play defender or to protect the objective.

I forgot that Back to Karkand comes out next week. I'm kind of worried though, since EA somehow messed up the retail PC "Limited Edition" copies here by including product keys for the standard version. I'm hoping that EA are smart enough to figure out that when I activated BF3 on my Origin account you couldn't buy anything but the Limited Edition and they'll just send me a key for the expansion.

Oh who am I kidding, I'm probably going to have to spend hours on the EA Support chat thing arguing with someone who has no idea what I'm talking about.

Crap, they nerfed the IRNV, i found it was the only way i was enjoying this game, for some reason i cant see anyone normally, something with this engine, i had no problems owning in BC2, oh well, gotta get used to it or back to Skyrim.

Camping is part of Battlefield, always has been. It's an objective control game, hence the natural occurrence of camping. Sides have to camp often to play defender or to protect the objective.
The best defense, is a good offense. Camping and staying in one spot is only doing a disservice to yourself and your team. The only people who camp, are those who can't do anything else. If I had it my way, if you stayed prone for over a minute in the same spot, you would auto-die. But that is just me I am sure...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Not if you're draining the enemies' tickets while doing it.

Hell, camping in Rush near the crates is a viable tactic as well. Sniping while prone in one spot while taking out priority targets is a viable tactic.

Don't cry because you can't do that.

Not if you're draining the enemies' tickets while doing it.

It's OK Ysiadmihi, you don't have to defend your camping ways to me, I understand.

Hell, camping in Rush near the crates is a viable tactic as well. Sniping while prone in one spot while taking out priority targets is a viable tactic.

I will make sure I send you some graham crackers, chocolate bars and marshmallows for xmas Seks.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The best defense, is a good offense. Camping and staying in one spot is only doing a disservice to yourself and your team. The only people who camp, are those who can't do anything else. If I had it my way, if you stayed prone for over a minute in the same spot, you would auto-die. But that is just me I am sure...

My playstyle is more in line with your thinking (and I made a thread about my love of snipers previously: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424736).

That said, I've pretty much given up on hoping people stop sniping and actively try to complete objectives. If they want to snipe, go right on ahead and be nearly useless to your team. It's a free country!

Confession: I'm trying to unlock all the recon unlocks right now. I can't deny that it's actually kinda fun to snipe people as they try to cross an open field. Invariably I freak out when my team gets down a few flags and go assault a flag. But if we are up 4-1 on the flags, it wasn't so bad.

TheSeks

I will make sure I send you some graham crackers, chocolate bars and marshmallows for xmas Seks.

I don't do it all the time, but if no one is defending the crates: I'm going to set up camp and dig in and try my damndest to take anyone that comes in out. Your damn right I'll park in a spot and lay still for more than a minute. Your idea is stupid.

How exactly was it a camping/sniper buff? It's useless at a distance and complaining about camping in a BF game... lol

yeah, and who's usually prone at a distance? the snipers. they got buffed by this nerf. i hope recon players enjoy their stealth buff!

now that you have to arm, camping near the mcom in rush is the best tactic. IRNV was a nice counter tactic. attacking and arming was already hard enough...

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
If you're not very good camping in a quiet spot is one of the least harmful things you could do to the team. Dying 50 times to capture a flag once doesn't help in vanilla conquest. Now, conquest assault and capture the flag are a different story.

It's OK Ysiadmihi, you don't have to defend your camping ways to me, I understand.

i don't get it. you complain about camping, then cheer the IRNV nerf, when the nerf kills a nice anti-camping tool, while not nerfing the people who camp with it anywhere as much as the active and moving users... what?!

Dude, most snipers are on rocks. Flank them and knife them.

knifing takes too long, too vulnerable.

TheSeks

knifing takes too long, too vulnerable.

Not really. I literally ran through a snipers viewscope yesterday, took a dude that spawned on him out and then knifed him. Snipers aren't generally aware of their surroundings. Even then the stealth act makes it more than worth the knife animation. Then I rush my ass back to base and mow the people that think it's safe to arm there.

Terrorizing people never gets old.

What will we do without IRNV?

Use the 12x scope that is too long range for most of the rifles that drop WAY before it's magnification. ;) ;)

i don't get it. you complain about camping, then cheer the IRNV nerf, when the nerf kills a nice anti-camping tool, while not nerfing the people who camp with it anywhere as much as the active and moving users... what?!

I know what you are saying Face, but my hatred of IRNV surges through me and anything to get that bastard scope toned down or gone, is better to me than anything else. Yeah it helped clear campers who only have their head sticking out of the wall in the prone position, but man, IRNV is just hax. I don't know how else to put it, it kills the game for me and I don't even want to play when IRNV is around. I would much rather deal with prone campers, than IRNV whores any day of the week.

Seriously, prone for over a minute you get -10 points for every second of continued prone camping. Or auto death, either is fine with me.

Just give me BC3 with no prone already

So they nerfed even guns using bipods when auto firing? seems like all the machine guns have much more recoil and less accuracy now with this patch even if you deploy the bipod.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
So they nerfed even guns using bipods when auto firing? seems like all the machine guns have much more recoil and less accuracy now with this patch even if you deploy the bipod.

If true, that sucks. LMGs with the bipod setup weren't nearly accurate enough before the patch.

IRNV works decently on Theran highway, the only night map. Still it's range of detection and power of the heat signatures at range have been greatly reduced, but does seem that they got it working ok in night time situations on the PC. In day light maps the scope takes a pretty big nerf in clarity at it should I suppose.

yeah, and who's usually prone at a distance? the snipers. they got buffed by this nerf. i hope recon players enjoy their stealth buff!

Yeah, and who's gonna be taking them down? Other snipers, which won't be using the IRNV ever since it's a x1 scope.

IRNV wasn't an anti-sniper tool, it was an allowed cheating tool...

rage.jpg
Assault-American-IRNV.png

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom