• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

So I was wondering. Since the B2K weapons are going to be available in the vanilla game. Say someone uses a B2K gun and dies, can someone without the DLC pick it up?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
One of these days this patch is going to finish downloading...zzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Can I change my location so I can get the update off of a server for the Kiwis or something, like in Steam?

From the notes:

Not sure how "long bursts" is defined.

EDIT: Assignments detailed.

Yea note seeing this at all. I primarily play support and all the LMG's even while prone with bipod have much more recoil. The MG249 used to be sick with how accurate it was with the bipod, it completely shoots all over the place now at range.

Seems like they did a blanket nerf on anything doing auto fire which is affecting bipod weapons, and then they put in that "buff" to compensate perhaps? But it's noticeable that they LMGs are less accurate which seems to really mess with their purpose.

Not according to the game data.

All the support guns got their upper spread value increased, the the accuracy multipliers according to the current game data seems to also show that they have increased as well meaning the recoil reduction when using bipods did get nerfed too.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Yea note seeing this at all. I primarily play support and all the LMG's even while prone with bipod have much more recoil. The MG249 used to be sick with how accurate it was with the bipod, it completely shoots all over the place now at range.

Seems like they did a blanket nerf on anything doing auto fire which is affecting bipod weapons, and then they put in that "buff" to compensate perhaps? But it's noticeable that they LMGs are less accurate which seems to really mess with their purpose.
LMGs were redonk. People were sniping with them. They need to buff suppression, if anything.

Varna

Yeah, and who's gonna be taking them down? Other snipers, which won't be using the IRNV ever since it's a x1 scope.

IRNV wasn't an anti-sniper tool, it was an allowed cheating tool...

rage.jpg
Assault-American-IRNV.png

lol

This is what I was saying earlier. But of course the IRNV defenders ignored it.

It still seems pretty useful. But it was good to see that ever single person I was being killed by wasn't using.

Camping with the IRNV is ten times more deadly than with a sniper rifle. I've seen TONS of people do that.

You don't even need a damn sniper rifle for this. I was doing great sniping with my UMP.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The FAMAS' iron sights are fucking terrible. I swear... How can you even see anything through that shit?

So whose bright idea was it at DICE to allow enemies to board your aircraft carrier and use your AA gun on Kharg? If I'm not allowed to progress a certain distance on Rush, they shouldn't be allowed to sit in our spawn point and immediately destroy any aircraft that spawns.

This single player game is fucking broken. Its buggy as hell and I cant even finish the last mission. I am playing on PC. Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Its right after the right mouse click QTE. You run up and Solomon puts a bomb on the door. You press "e" to get out the window and press space to jump from car to car. I cannot survive that explosion.

Thats great... it just crashed. I dont know if I have played a game where i have had to restart missions so many times because of game ending bullshit bugs.

I3rand0

Is MAV killing (getting roadkills by ramming people at full speed) in multiplayer considered an exploit/cheat?

Seems like everyone is doing it nowadays.

Is MAV killing (getting roadkills by ramming people at full speed) in multiplayer considered an exploit/cheat?

No, I believe it was put in as a joke but it really has become a problem now and needs to be fixed. If they would just lower the damage it takes then it would be much better, or just get rid of the ability to kill people with it.

dkeane

Played a bunch tonight and I really like the map pack/expansion. Only played conquest. The small shovel vehicle on wake is fun to drive.

Zeppelin

Of course it is neither an exploit nor a cheat. Battlelog even keep track of how many kills you've got with it. Does it suck getting killed by it? Yes. Is it silly that you can kill people with it even to begin with? Yes. Should DICE fix it? Probably.

Also: uninstalled the game a couple of days ago since I've got exams in the coming weeks. Will be back on the 19th. B2K better be glorious.

Rednax

Neo Member
So I just went to play on PC through Origin and it said I no longer had the game files and it's now redownloading the 4gigs. Meanwhile I checked the game folder and it's 11.5GB. I just played the other day, I remember it updated and worked fine. I exited as normal too. What's going on, this ever happen to anyone?

Nekrono

So I just went to play on PC through Origin and it said I no longer had the game files and it's now redownloading the 4gigs. Meanwhile I checked the game folder and it's 11.5GB. I just played the other day, I remember it updated and worked fine. I exited as normal too. What's going on, this ever happen to anyone?

New patch, DICE said it would be 2GB but it ended up being 3.9GB, it went out earlier today.

JAFAR

3.9GB update contains B2K content.

demolitio

I was wondering how they would handle the F-35's cockpit and they did better than I expected although nothing can do it justice without seeing the cockpit in real life. The colors and brightness are turned down in the game compared to the green glow of 3045867 screens.

Actually, the more I look at it, the more I don't like it as it seems like it's a cardboard cutout...

redhot_

Ok so after playing all night, What the hell is with giving teams all the points or 2 and 2 in conquest? If your on the team with all the points you pretty much win, and you end up base raping the other team. I just don't get why they did that, not fun..

Maps are badass though aside from Wake Islands vehicular clusterfuck and the abundance of snipers at the moment, which i'm sure will thin out in a few days.

TheSeks

Get a jet kill after 5 deaths. Bail, out of bounds. Die.

SMH.

Kak.efes

- I find I'm still getting rocked by a couple of burst from the SCAR.
- FAMAS is decent, but not great.
- Both assignments for the assault weapons seem fairly easy attain. FAMAS requires you to heal 10 people, and revive 10 people. The other assault weapon requires you to kill 100 people with an assault weapon, kill 20 people with a grenade launcher, and win some squad death match rounds. Way easier than some of the other assignments.

TheSeks

All the assignments are easy... except the kill an enemy tank with the repair tool one. That requires MAAAAAD luck to find a damaged tank and finish them off without them bailing/moving. :/

scogoth

All the assignments are easy... except the kill an enemy tank with the repair tool one. That requires MAAAAAD luck to find a damaged tank and finish them off without them bailing/moving. :/

Evidently you need to play with cannon fodder, aka squad mates.

peetfeet

Ok so after playing all night, What the hell is with giving teams all the points or 2 and 2 in conquest? If your on the team with all the points you pretty much win, and you end up base raping the other team. I just don't get why they did that, not fun..

Maps are badass though aside from Wake Islands vehicular clusterfuck and the abundance of snipers at the moment, which i'm sure will thin out in a few days.

Conquest Assualt, the team that starts with all points also has less tickets.

redhot_

Conquest Assualt, the team that starts with all points also has less tickets.

So wait, thats for all new maps when you search for Conquest?

Edit: i think it is i just jumped back on to see if i was just hitting the wrong button or something.. this dlc sucks now. I liked it way better when no one had any points to start.

mxgt

Banned
Looking forward to getting back into Battlefield when B2K releases on PC, been so busy with work and other games I haven't touched it in 2 weeks or so. Man I'm going to be rusty

Woo-Fu

Banned
So wait, thats for all new maps when you search for Conquest?

Edit: i think it is i just jumped back on to see if i was just hitting the wrong button or something.. this dlc sucks now. I liked it way better when no one had any points to start.

Nothing is stopping you from playing normal conquest if you do not like conquest assault. I don't know why people whine so much about stuff they can just opt out of. You don't see me whining about TDM do you? No, I just don't bother playing that mode.

redhot_

Nothing is stopping you from playing normal conquest if you do not like conquest assault. I don't know why people whine so much about stuff they can just opt out of. You don't see me whining about TDM do you? No, I just don't bother playing that mode.

Well I pretty much only do quick match for conquest games. As far as i saw, there was no option to pick between the 2. I have yet to try the server browser to see if they have the options to filter between the 2 because my experiences with them have sucked(Stacked teams, people bailing, ect.).

Really looking forward to Karkand, I played Karkand only wars for years and with the added destruction it will be even better. Is there a map from the Qonquest Large version with the seven CPs available somehwere?
man after 20 hours of 64 player metro, normal maps just seem too slow and boring now....
2 rounds on that monstrosity is enough to ruin my day.

Divius

jesus I've been having some really shitty games yesterday/today. Every thing I try seems to fail, I lose all 1 on 1 shootouts, keep getting killed from behind when there's like 5 teammates around, spawn on squadmates and constantly instadie, keep getting in vehicles with complete morons in the other seats that end up getting me killed, I seem to show up just too late to get any points from capping a flag or die just before it's done. Grr.

aznpxdd

My game has been crashing like mad after the patch. Keeps giving me the "You have been disconnected from EA server (Undefined)". Goddamnit.

Also, IRNV is nearly useless. Not only is it only semi useful CQB, it fucking blinds you from seeing enemies at a distance. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom