• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodofWine

Conquest assault, at first I did not like it....but its growing on me now,

Are there regular conquest games on B2K, as well, or just CR?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fucking lol at the FAMAS iron sights.

Yeah, I scratched my head at why they gave Ballistic 12x scope to the guns. Now I know. The only one with a decent non-shitty Iron Sight that I've unlocked yet is the support/QBU.

Evidently you need to play with cannon fodder, aka squad mates.

Oh, I know it's possible. It's just a PITA and luck-based to get a damaged tank and someone not noticing you hitting them before those cannon fodder kill it with a rocket.

Sethos

Banned
Is it true they added an interpolation intensity bar to the options? Smoothing factor I believe it's called. My friend told me, just had to confirm it.

TheSeks

So what is the consensus on the new maps? Specifically rush mode.

Since I'm the only person on GAF that plays it because I'm the only one with skill: Decent.

Meanwhile: Skidloader sucks. I can't imagine getting a kill with it. Too slow.

Since I'm the only person on GAF that plays it because I'm the only one with skill: Decent.

Meanwhile: Skidloader sucks. I can't imagine getting a kill with it. Too slow.

I like how you discredit your ENTIRE console BF3 team bro.

Just remember being king of the day-care isn't worth much unless you've proven yourself with the big boys. (Join us bro, you'll love it here)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I only played around a bit with the new IRNV last night, and I like the changes they made. It's strange that it's more effective on Seine... which is outside than it is in the darkness of the tunnel in Dam. But overall I felt that changes made the IRNV useful, but not not OP as before (but still a little inconsistent in its use).

RS4-

Did they really fix the infinite mine issue? Was playing on Firestorm yesterday and my mines remained there after a few deaths

Megasoum

Banned
Did they really fix the infinite mine issue? Was playing on Firestorm yesterday and my mines remained there after a few deaths

Wait really? The patchnotes were saying that the mines would vanish on death (which REALLY sucks and makes the mines almost useless)...

Screw it, I'll ask this here.

Basically, when playing BF3 I'll hit W and Shift to sprint etc and I'll often hit my PTT key (caps) to speak in Mumble. Unfortunately it never registers that I'm speaking if I have two other keys hit at the same time. Is there a setting in Windows to change this, or I'm I just going to have to deal with it. I've tried Google, btw.

Deadly

Basically, when playing BF3 I'll hit W and Shift to sprint etc and I'll often hit my PTT key (caps) to speak in Mumble. Unfortunately it never registers that I'm speaking if I have two other keys hit at the same time. Is there a setting in Windows to change this, or I'm I just going to have to deal with it. I've tried Google, btw.
Get a mechanical keyboard.

Sethos

Banned
What is it supposed to do exactly?

Tone down the interpolation algorithm, so players will update in real-time, rather than interpolation smoothing out their movement. So you know every player you shoot at is actually there and not milliseconds in front or behind your aim.

The interpolation in BF3 is really terrible.

Divius

Maybe switch to voice-activation?

Smokey

Been out the BF3 game for almost 1.5 weeks. Had to take my machine apart to put in new case plus work means no BF3 :(. With that said there was a patch yesterday on PC? What did it fix? I can't access the links in the OP because I'm at work..

Enkidu

Tone down the interpolation algorithm, so players will update in real-time, rather than interpolation smoothing out their movement. So you know every player you shoot at is actually there and not milliseconds in front or behind your aim.
My problem with the netcode comes down to me being shot by others while I'm behind cover. Would any of these settings affect that?

Yeah I thought that'd be it. I'll have to get one eventually then, shame, I like my current keyboard.

Tends to not work amazingly with my crappy headset. Oh well, I'll have to manage for a while. Don't really remember it happening in the past. I've been sprinting and talking in games for years, shit pretty weird.

you can doubletap W to sprint since BF2(or maybe earlier). no need to use shift.

hell ive known this since BF2 and i still press SHIFT every once in a while out of habit.

MNC

The interpolation in BF3 is really terrible.

What a weird thing to have a setting of.

commish

Been out the BF3 game for almost 1.5 weeks. Had to take my machine apart to put in new case plus work means no BF3 :(. With that said there was a patch yesterday on PC? What did it fix? I can't access the links in the OP because I'm at work..

Cut and paste from a random site

Bugfixes
Fixed a problem with spawn timer now showing blue border on startup and lost spawn point
Fixed a problem where player who joined queuing on End of round got spawn screen stuck on screen, but unable to do anything with it untill next round loaded
Fixed a problem where camera would change to 3rd person on killcam when killcam was turned off in server settings
Fixed stat references on several dogtags
Fixed for surveillance ribbon not counting TUGS
Fixed a missing combat area lines on the minimap for Grand Bazaar conquest small
Moved a tank spawn in US base on Caspian Border so it would not be destroyed by a falling tree
Fixed a problem where placing C4 with the russians soldier was playing US faction VO
Fixed a problem where TV guided missiles could be shot into its own helicopter and destroy it
Fixed a problem when attempting to fire lock on weapons without a target
Tweaked the chat, it should now be a bit easier to read
Fixed several vehicles that did not properly shoot rockets and guns towards their predictive sights
Fixed the G17 Supressed Laser not working properly
Added alternate HUD colors to help colorblinds
Added a network interpolation setting. This allows users with good bandwidth reduce latency, but might increase some stuttering. The user can find what works best for his connection by tweaking the slider.
Increased the Spawn protection radius on TDM
Fixed a problem with smoke on land vehicles, Missiles should now miss more often
Fixed a problem where users could end up with IRNV scope in any vehicle
Fixed a problem where player dies if vaulting over a ledge and into water while sprinting
Fixed several crashes and increased general stability
Fixed a problem where the user was unable to revive two players that have the bodies one over the other
Fixed so you can assign an axis and use as a digital input. This makes it possible for the player (on pc) to assign one of the sticks on a gameped to be used for throttle/brake.
Fixed a problem with the Kill camera acting up when suiciding from parachute
Fixed air radar was showing to much. now lasertagged, heatsignature above threshold, enemy missiles and capture points are only visible on air radar
Fixed a problem where the game would enter a technical hang if the user pressed pause menu and tilde at the same time
Fixed a problem where you could get green flashes on screen
You can now reassign cycle weapons
Fixed so the weapon zooms automatically after bipod deploy is gone when using zoom toggle
Fixed a problem where the parachute would stay stuck in air if the owner was killed

Balance Tweaks
Fixed several weapons so they are properly suppressed and hide the player on the minimap when fired.
Tweaked Tactical Light so it is not as blinding over longer ranges.
Tweaked the IRNV scope so it is limited to usage only at close range.
Reduced heat masking effectiveness of Spec Ops Camo.
Fixed a bug where Ammo spec would give additional 40mm grenades instead of Frag spec.
Increased the number of additional 40mm grenades from Frag spec.
Fixed so AT mines only live for 20 seconds after a player dies to prevent infinite mines.
Increased the Time to Live on sniper caliber rounds to allow extreme distance shots.
Fixed several weapon descriptions, calibers, and fire rates. The weapons themselves have not changed.
Fixed so the M9 and MP443 pistol can be equipped by the opposing faction when it is unlocked at 100 kills.
Fixed Laser Guided Missiles missing their targets if the target is moving too fast.
Reduced the effectiveness of Stealth on Air Vehicles.
Reduced the effectiveness of Beam Scanning for Jets.
Reduced the damage done to Armored Vehicles and Infantry from AA guns.
Increased the damage RPGs and Tank shells do to AA vehicles.
Slightly decreased the accuracy for all weapons on fully automatic, burst fire is now preferable at mid to long range.
Increased the effective accuracy of long bursts for LMGs when using a bipod.
Slightly increased the range of the 44magnum bullets.
Increased the close range damage of 4.6x30mm and 5.7x28mm bullets.
Increased the reload time of the Mortar from 3.5sec to 4.8sec and increased the time it takes before a shell hits the ground.
Reduced the aimed accuracy bonus given by a Suppressor for the MP7, P90, PP2000, PP-19, and UMP45.
Increased the range and FOV for designating targets with the SOFLAM and vehicle Laser Designators.
Decreased the effectiveness of 12g FRAG ammo when equipped on semi-automatic and automatic shotguns.
Slightly Increased the power of Fighter Jet Cannons against all vehicle targets, especially Helicopters.
Decreased the power of Miniguns against Jets and Helicopters.
Increased the power of Stingers against Jets.
Flares reload times for Jets and Helicopter Gunners have been increased.
Tweaked the AN94 so its burst fire better conveys the real world advantage offered by this weapon.
Added Single Shot to the AN94 as an available fire mode.
Slightly increased the recoil on the M416 and removed the Burst Fire mode (this weapon incorrectly had burst fire, which was not authentic).
Tweaked the spawns for TDM on Kharg Island, Grand Bazaar, Caspian Border, Seine Crossing, Operation Firestorm, Damavand Peak and Noshahar Canals
Moved a tank spawn in US base on Caspian Border so it would not be destroyed by a falling tree
Tweaked the Gas station Capture area on Conquest on Caspian Border
Tweaked the max vehicle height on Noshahar Canals

Nabs

Do you have any extra buttons on your mouse?

you can doubletap W to sprint since BF2(or maybe earlier). no need to use shift.

hell ive known this since BF2 and i still press SHIFT every once in a while out of habit.

I'm way too used to using shift to change now!

However, I hath made a discovery. I can use any combination of other 2 keys, and it will broadcast (even W + right shift). How does that make any sense?

Sethos

Banned
What a weird thing to have a setting of.

The interpolation is horrible in BF3 and I've seen numerous requests to improve the interpolation, they just did the next-best thing: added an option to tone it down. For the average Joe it might not make sense but for the competitive player it's god-sent.

TheSeks

I like how you discredit your ENTIRE console BF3 team bro.

Just remember being king of the day-care isn't worth much unless you've proven yourself with the big boys. (Join us bro, you'll love it here)

They all play Conquest. Not my fault I have to shit on them because they think they're oh so skillful taking three flags and then camping a base.

And I'll be joining the big boys that play Rush within the next six months. *Knock on wood*

Also Conquest Assault is sort-of fun. When you have a good team... yeah... Otherwise it's what Conquest on consoles should be. 5 flags, contests between both teams by people having to move around the map and no base rape/conquered the enemy team that was supposed to defend the flags just yet. So nice.

They all play Conquest. Not my fault I have to shit on them because they think they're oh so skillful taking three flags and then camping a base.

And I'll be joining the big boys that play Rush within the next six months. *Knock on wood*

Also Conquest Assault is sort-of fun. When you have a good team... yeah... Otherwise it's what Conquest on consoles should be. 5 flags, contests between both teams by people having to move around the map and no base rape/conquered the enemy team that was supposed to defend the flags just yet. So nice.

Your console-bros need some learnin' before they play with us it seems.

Hahaha, Rush. FYI: Big-boy GAF Servers 1&2 are 24/7 Conquest-Large @ 64, Metro is banned on the Map list, and if it was up to me: #1 would be a 1000 ticket Hardcore server forcing NO-HUD on top of the current setup.

Only reason DICE gimped all but a "meh-ish 3"* CQ maps designed in BF3 is because the daycare latched onto the horrible drug-filled teat known as Rush with BC1&2 and sucked it until it was disgustingly saggy with cancer enough to spread it's malignance to the rest of the BF Series' bodyparts as we know it... we don't take a linking to the meat-grindy spawn-campy derp-fest fish-in-barrel easy-mode daycare-teat called "Rush" as you'd think.

To put it into perspective: our seldom used method of "stat/campy/fun" outside of CQ-64 is speed-ranking our weapons running and gunning in Team Deathmatch like angry rage-filled yet-lethal Rambo-types, Bringing BF3's gunplay model down to a science. IE: We rather go the COD-approach TDM/SQDM than touch Rush in BF3.

PC still welcomes/wants skilled Console players to join us, just don't expect much but CQ-Large@64-Players on the GAF Server except for "special event days".

*(airmaps: Kharg/Caspian/FireStorm)

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
I played last night on Caspian and decided to see how much stronger the stinger was.
I killed this jet pilot in one shot. (Actually, I killed a few more than was possible before the patch)

Then he types, "Looks like we got a stinger f** here"

The heck? Did stingers become the new IRNV? Bunch of haters.
Oh well, it's not gonna stop me.

commish

Hahaha, Rush. FYI: Big-boy GAF Servers 1&2 are 24/7 Conquest-Large @ 64, Metro is banned on the Map list, and if it was up to me: #1 would be a 1000 ticket Hardcore server forcing NO-HUD on top of the current setup.

Only reason DICE gimped all but a "meh-ish 3"* CQ maps designed in BF3 is because the daycare latched onto the horrible drug-filled teat known as Rush with BC1&2 and sucked it until it was disgustingly saggy with cancer enough to spread it's malignance to the rest of the BF Series' bodyparts as we know it... we don't take a linking to the meat-grindy spawn-campy derp-fest fish-in-barrel easy-mode daycare-teat called "Rush" as you'd think.

To put it into perspective: our seldom used method of "stat/campy/fun" outside of CQ-64 is speed-ranking our weapons running and gunning in Team Deathmatch like angry rage-filled yet-lethal Rambo-types, Bringing BF3's gunplay model down to a science. IE: We rather go the COD-approach TDM/SQDM than touch Rush in BF3.

PC still welcomes/wants skilled Console players to join us, just don't expect much but CQ-Large@64-Players on the GAF Server except for "special event days".

There was a night a few weeks ago where the GAF server went Rush. To this day, those were the only 3 rush maps I've played in BF3. The other 105 hours were conquest.

I played last night on Caspian and decided to see how much stronger the stinger was.
I killed this jet pilot in one shot. (Actually, I killed a few more than was possible before the patch)

Just sour grapes. As with lot of things, when they die to something, they cry foul and want nerf. Like the whiney babies claiming "camper"!

scogoth

He's just a terrible jet pilot, the stingers not buffed if you don't let it hit you.

Stingers had a dumb bug where you'd get killed by one even thought the jet/heli would stay intact. After the latest patch this is happening more often, it's dumb, stupid and unfair and can't be anything but a bug that needs to be fixed.

Also with the increased damage to helis by planes, the HP regen debuff, and all other shit helis are completely useless now if you have an half decent jet pilot on the other team.

TheSeks

Conquest on PC is 6-7 flags which is better than "cap all the flags in five minutes and you win, yay!" on consoles. Maybe it'll actually be less boring there.

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
Stingers had a dumb bug where you'd get killed by one even thought the jet/heli would stay intact. After the latest patch this is happening more often, it's dumb, stupid and unfair and can't be anything but a bug that needs to be fixed.
It probably is a bug, but the way I see it (comparing it to real life) if a stinger explodes near your plane, it doesn't have to blow up your plane to kill you.
It could send shrapnel through the canopy of the plane while keeping your plane intact.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

Well, you're missing out. I could only stomach 15 min of BC2 but Rush in BF3 is actually fun. And I put dozens of hours into BF2 and 1942.

Caspian needs about twice as many ground vehicles before I'd consider it to be a good map.

-Silver-

Seriously, Dice goes and changes things that doesn't need changing and breaks it but things that need fixing haven't even been touched. Jet ramming is a problem, stinger's range is a problem, laser guided missiles to choppers/jets is OP and a problem, I mean, tanks aren't really designed to be anti-air. Tank shell only disabling a chopper is a problem. Jets needing to do more damage to other jets wasn't a problem, flares reload time wasn't a problem. Why would you increase the reload time for flares and not for stingers? Right now both flares and extinguisher is almost useless.

big_z

when do the gaf servers fill up? every time i check there's only a couple dudes playing.

what other servers do people recommend?

commish

Seriously, Dice goes and changes things that doesn't need changing and breaks it but things that need fixing haven't even been touched. Jet ramming is a problem, stinger's range is a problem, laser guided missiles to choppers/jets is OP and a problem, I mean, tanks aren't really designed to be anti-air. Tank shell only disabling a chopper is a problem. Jets needing to do more damage to other jets wasn't a problem, flares reload time wasn't a problem. Why would you increase the reload time for flares and not for stingers? Right now both flares and extinguisher is almost useless.

You should just be on the ground capturing flags with the rest of us grunts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom