• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spl1nter

Seriously, Dice goes and changes things that doesn't need changing and breaks it but things that need fixing haven't even been touched. Jet ramming is a problem, stinger's range is a problem, laser guided missiles to choppers/jets is OP and a problem, I mean, tanks aren't really designed to be anti-air. Tank shell only disabling a chopper is a problem. Jets needing to do more damage to other jets wasn't a problem, flares reload time wasn't a problem. Why would you increase the reload time for flares and not for stingers? Right now both flares and extinguisher is almost useless.

The battlefield fanbase complaining about shit that isnt a problem, a problem.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, you're missing out. I could only stomach 15 min of BC2 but Rush in BF3 is actually fun. And I put dozens of hours into BF2 and 1942.

Caspian needs about twice as many ground vehicles before I'd consider it to be a good map.

Curious: Why?

Only downgrade is the destruction/alternate routes at times. There's a few times on Grand Bazaar Rush where punching through some buildings/making them crumble would be good to get alternate routes going instead of a huge chokepoint.

Spl1nter said:
The battlefield fanbase complaining about shit that isnt a problem, a problem.

Agreed. The only thing that really needed a nerf besides the IRNV is the USAS/Frag Rounds on semi-autos.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Only downgrade is the destruction/alternate routes at times. There's a few times on Grand Bazaar Rush where punching through some buildings/making them crumble would be good to get alternate routes going instead of a huge chokepoint.

Agreed. The only thing that really needed a nerf besides the IRNV is the USAS/Frag Rounds on semi-autos.

When I played BC2 rush, it just ended up being a game of camping snipers trying to get kills and everyone saying "F the objective". Perhaps it's different in BF3.

RS4-

Well they changed the spawn beacon, if you use your own, regardless of class, it'll blow up.

Before it only happened if you spawned on it as recon again.

Hit notification on mortar is more noticeable now.

Adding more recoil on everything when fired auto I think was something that was needed. Most of the carbines and ar's could be fired full auto while moving in ADS with little no accuracy penalty.

TheSeks

When I played BC2 rush, it just ended up being a game of camping snipers trying to get kills and everyone saying "F the objective". Perhaps it's different in BF3.

Sounds like shitty players more than the gametype. Same thing can happen in Conquest.

TheSeks

True but at least I don't NEED anyone else to cap a flag in conquest.

And I don't need anyone else to cap two crates in Rush either.

Again: Shitty players more than the gametype.

Spl1nter

It becomes a problem when something gets crippled this much, it's almost as if they don't even test it out to see if they fixed it.

The bitching reminds me of sc2. Some change happens and people think the game is ruined because a certain build order/play style has been nerfed. Guess what! There is more than one play style in BF3 so stop bitching and adapt.

The difference between a good player and a great player in any medium is the ability to adapt.

-Silver-

The difference between a good player and a great player in any medium is the ability to adapt.

Tell me, how will people contribute using a chopper? It takes only one person with the IGLA/FIM-92 to keep a chopper at bay, with the flare reload time increased and the ECM jammer having a 10 sec reload, what will the chopper do in the mean time? Laser designate targets for the gunner from from a distance?

Of course people will adapt, but it doesn't mean my criticism is any less valid.

scogoth

Tell me, how will people contribute using a chopper? It takes only one person with the IGLA/FIM-92 to keep a chopper at bay, with the flare reload time increased and the ECM jammer having a 10 sec reload, what will the chopper do in the mean time? Laser designate targets for the gunner from from a distance?

Of course people will adapt, but it doesn't mean my criticism is any less valid.

Yes it does. Spl1nter and I have no problem with stingers flying the heli. With two sets of flares, proper flying and good gunning, infantry are no problem for helis.

Spl1nter

Learn to fly and communicate.

Yes it does, what you are criticizing isn't an issue. You only make it an issue because you cant adapt.

A chopper can destroy tanks and AAs from miles away with the guided rockets + TV guided. Way farther from the locking range.

But yeah, that's the only way they're gonna be useful now. I got taken down by a freaking boat once because of the now stupid 39% HP after extinguisher.

The biggest problem on jets now is how much damage they take from planes and other heavy machine guns.

Conquest on PC is 6-7 flags which is better than "cap all the flags in five minutes and you win, yay!" on consoles. Maybe it'll actually be less boring there.

IIRC Conquest-64 Air maps (Caspian, Kharg, FireStorm & even Norshar-Canals) bases spawn with a pair of tanks (or amphibious versions if carrier), 1 Mobile AA and/or 1 LAV, 2 Jeeps/Vodnicks + 2 Growlers[mini jeeps](or 2 boats if carrier), Thats just on land. Oh and the indestructible ESSEX AA-Gun on the Carriers or alongside the ground base runways.

Then there's a Transport Chopper and a Littlebird, 2 Jets, the Attack Helicopter for the air.

Who reasonably can ask for/needs more vehicles on CQ-64? Oh and when you cap a flag usually another Jeep spawns soon after for transport, sometimes even a new Tank alongside the new Jeep.

IIRC Conquest-64 Air maps (Caspian, Kharg, FireStorm & even Norshar-Canals) bases spawn with a pair of tanks (or amphibious versions if carrier), 1 Mobile AA, 1 LAV, 2-4 jeeps (or boats if carrier), Thats just on land.

Then there's a Transport Chopper and a Littlebird, 2 Jets, the Attack Helicopter for the air.

Who reasonably can ask for/needs more vehicles on CQ-64? Oh and when you cap a flag usually another Jeep spawns soon after for transport, sometimes even a new Tank alongside the new Jeep.

There's no map that has the Transport Heli + Littlebird + Attack Heli.

-Silver-

Learn to fly and communicate.

Yes it does, what you are criticizing isn't an issue. You only make it an issue because you cant adapt.

What makes you think I can't adapt? The update is only on PC ATM, which I don't play on, so there's nothing to adapt to. I'm only saying this because flares already take longer to reload then AA missiles, increasing that time whilst AA missiles doing more damage is unfair to choppers/jets.

Guided missiles instantly destroying a chopper/jet is OPed.

Kind of becomes bit harder to communicate with a blue random.

What makes you think I can't adapt? The update is only on PC ATM, which I don't play on, so there's nothing to adapt to. I'm only saying this because flares already take longer to reload then AA missiles, increasing that time whilst AA missiles doing more damage is unfair to choppers/jets.

The reason that flares take longer to reload now is because of steal+flares. It would be almost impossible to take out because by the time you locked on and fired the second shot, the flares had already recharged.

The reason that flares take longer to reload now is because of steal+flares. It would be almost impossible to take out because by the time you locked on and fired the second shot, the flares had already recharged.

You're assuming that only one person is going to be targeting a jet/heli at the same time. Which is rarely what happens.

Spl1nter

1. If you honestly think that the jets and heli are not good enough (pre-dec 6 patch) on your platform than you should stop using them because you suck.
2. If you are complaining about a PC patch that you havent played on than just stfu.

The PC-patch may have been to drastic in the changes to airplay but the next patch in 2-3 weeks will fix it if that's the case. In the mean time players will learn how to survive and adapt to the changes.

-Silver-

2. If you honestly think that the jets and heli are not good enough (pre-dec 6 patch)

I'm not quite sure how I gave that impression but no I do not. I thought that reducing the stinger damage slightly was stupid and what they should have done was change the disabling thershold from 50% to something much lower for jets/choppers.

1. If you are complaining about a PC patch that you havent played on than just stfu.

Do I need to? I already know that flares take longer to reload then missiles, I guess I would need to test it out to see how big of a difference it is, once the patch hits, but I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to comment about something that didn't need changing.

The PC-patch may have been to drastic in the changes to airplay but the next patch in 2-3 weeks will fix it if that's the case. In the mean time players will learn how to survive and adapt to the changes.
Doesn't mean we can't say anything. Yes we can adapt, but there are still those trying to learn how to fly who will struggle.

P.S. When is this new patch coming?

I thought from the patch notes that only gunner flares take longer to reload now? I haven't noticed much difference as a pilot. The big problem is the change to rockets, which I've personally largely adapted to but makes things massively riskier

Guided Shell has always been bullshit. It's the most powerful AA weapon in the game, is completely fire and forget, kills helicopters instantly, has no warning to distinguish it from normal missiles that can be avoided with flares (unlike say, real life) and the only countermeasure is the weak sauce ECM which means you will basically die to everything else if you equip it. Not that many people have it yet, but whenever I see people who do they are always sitting in out of the way places in midmap not moving and racking up air kills like there is no tomorrow as they know no one can touch them. It's the vehicle equivalent of IRNV.

The counter is of course to use the TV missile, but just as few people have that, and they will nearly always be found flying the helicopter on a public server out of necessity. Even then it's now even harder to hit targets with it, and you still have the same bullshit with it doing inconsistent damage, and if a three man tank team can't repair their vehicle back to 100% before anything else gets even vaguely in threatening range, they should probably play another game.

All the helicopter nerfs affect high end play. I don't mind this so much personally, but it's going to decimate the almost entirely low end play found on public servers. there are going to be even less people actually able/willing to fly helicopters now as the skill requirements have gone up, and earning points for unlocks that make them survivable (e.g under radar) is going to be insanely hard if you aren't gunner with a good pilot for a long time.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I wish I knew. I really wanted to like BC2. I wasn't a fan of the gunplay or mechanics, and overall it just seemed like there wasn't enough going on. It felt empty and directionless.

That said, I'm really looking forward to Karkand 64 next week. That map never had that problem.

I can. Every spawn needs a vehicle. Walking is horribly tedious on CQ-64 air maps.

Babalu.

Is it true they added an interpolation intensity bar to the options? Smoothing factor I believe it's called. My friend told me, just had to confirm it.

What is it supposed to do exactly?

Tone down the interpolation algorithm, so players will update in real-time, rather than interpolation smoothing out their movement. So you know every player you shoot at is actually there and not milliseconds in front or behind your aim.

The interpolation in BF3 is really terrible.

So i saw that option bar in the options menu but was wondering which was is the best way to have it? I snipe a lot so it seems like I would want this option on the most right?

Its a little bar that fills up so I should have it all the way filled up or down? Sorry for not fully understanding.

I hate what multiplayer games turn in to after a while in communities.

Just pedantic arguments and constant requests/bitching of patches, nerfs, etc. This page is the perfect example of that.

Your console-bros need some learnin' before they play with us it seems.

Hahaha, Rush. FYI: Big-boy GAF Servers 1&2 are 24/7 Conquest-Large @ 64, Metro is banned on the Map list, and if it was up to me: #1 would be a 1000 ticket Hardcore server forcing NO-HUD on top of the current setup.

Only reason DICE gimped all but a "meh-ish 3"* CQ maps designed in BF3 is because the daycare latched onto the horrible drug-filled teat known as Rush with BC1&2 and sucked it until it was disgustingly saggy with cancer enough to spread it's malignance to the rest of the BF Series' bodyparts as we know it... we don't take a linking to the meat-grindy spawn-campy derp-fest fish-in-barrel easy-mode daycare-teat called "Rush" as you'd think.

To put it into perspective: our seldom used method of "stat/campy/fun" outside of CQ-64 is speed-ranking our weapons running and gunning in Team Deathmatch like angry rage-filled yet-lethal Rambo-types, Bringing BF3's gunplay model down to a science. IE: We rather go the COD-approach TDM/SQDM than touch Rush in BF3.

PC still welcomes/wants skilled Console players to join us, just don't expect much but CQ-Large@64-Players on the GAF Server except for "special event days".

*(airmaps: Kharg/Caspian/FireStorm)

Well, I am not skilled yet but I will be someday...

Just pedantic arguments and constant requests/bitching of patches, nerfs, etc. This page is the perfect example of that.

You're absolutely wrong. I think we have different definitions of the word pedantic; which dictionary do you use?

Your entire post is overpowered and just completely out of balance. If you want me to keep reading this thread you'll patch edit your post to reflect my wishes. Just nerf your entire argument and I'll be happy.

You're absolutely wrong. I think we have different definitions of the word pedantic; which dictionary do you use?

Your entire post is overpowered and just completely out of balance. If you want me to keep reading this thread you'll patch edit your post to reflect my wishes. Just nerf your entire argument and I'll be happy.

This man just won the thread with this post. Bravo, Sir.

Would read again, seriously.

that bad huh :(

I just noticed something. HONKING HAS NOT BEEN ADDED.

Someone put you two in a ring. loljk

Seriously though if i ride alongside a friendly, even pseudo-ram though him, then switch to passenger gun and shoot at a himand he's in the middle of nowhere in a large map id assume that if he doesn't already see me and/or need a ride then he's not gonna get in anyways, screw 'em.

I WANT MY HONKY HORN *ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED*

EDIT:
Did you purchase the Limited Edition of NeoGAF?

There's a lot more I can add to that post but for now only PS3 users can read it.

COT DAMN he did it again. bro im crying. stop now while you're ahead. stop now before you kill the funny. Ok I'm good now.

Hellcrow

So, now that soflam/javelin combo is awesome on Caspian border, how is the recon supposed to get points? I thought they got assist for damage done on targeted vehicles.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That isn't true, is it? Wasn't early access 5 days before the launch on the 22th? B2K is ok the 13th.

It was changed, friend. Just a few minutes ago. Terrible news! :p

I've waited years for TOR, but at the same time, BF3 is my most bestest game evar. I dunno, first world problems.

Babalu.

Is it true they added an interpolation intensity bar to the options? Smoothing factor I believe it's called. My friend told me, just had to confirm it.

What is it supposed to do exactly?

Tone down the interpolation algorithm, so players will update in real-time, rather than interpolation smoothing out their movement. So you know every player you shoot at is actually there and not milliseconds in front or behind your aim.

The interpolation in BF3 is really terrible.

So i saw that option bar in the options menu but was wondering which was is the best way to have it? I snipe a lot so it seems like I would want this option on the most right?

anyone?

on why we don't have Wake Island and only have Wake "Half-An-Island"

@Killzone_Kid said:
@gustavhalling Like what you did with B2K, always knew you have it in you :) Now give us Wake with 5 flags and I will be very happy!

@gustavhalling said:
We tried it, wake, 5 flags, 24 players=1on1 at the flags. The other maps,have 2 setups for console. BF43 Wake was 25% smaller. @Killzone_Kid

https://twitter.com/#!/gustavhalling/status/144320025602428929

okay then...

demolitio

Will Wake have 5 flags on PC I take it? Just making sure...lol

I've decided that this game's appeal is solely based on your team. The last few nights have been some of my favorite in gaming due to some of the teams but after playing today on 4 straight losing teams that lost by 200 tickets or so, the game is absolutely no fun because all you do is spawn and die. And when I did break away, I couldn't capture a flag by myself.

This could be the most fun I've had in MP games or some of the most frustrating, especially when me and mr_nothin kick ass and still lose. Hopefully a good BF2 maps only server will change that in hopes of having a lot of vets in there, but it'll take a few weeks to find those once the newcomers die down and go back to mixed servers...lol

scogoth

Will Wake have 5 flags on PC I take it? Just making sure...lol

I've decided that this game's appeal is solely based on your team. The last few nights have been some of my favorite in gaming due to some of the teams but after playing today on 4 straight losing teams that lost by 200 tickets or so, the game is absolutely no fun because all you do is spawn and die. And when I did break away, I couldn't capture a flag by myself.

This could be the most fun I've had in MP games or some of the most frustrating, especially when me and mr_nothin kick ass and still lose. Hopefully a good BF2 maps only server will change that in hopes of having a lot of vets in there, but it'll take a few weeks to find those once the newcomers die down and go back to mixed servers...lol

This game's appeal is solely playing as a team not what team you're on. Teams don't win because of a few great players, they win because they have players who work as a great team.

Get on mumble to win.

Just messed around on the new maps...(Assault) Conquest

3 Flag Wake definitely feels weird. First thing I did was get a jeep and drive towards the tip of the island and found out (in 10 seconds) that is now out of bounds!!. I understand the change and will just have to get used to it.

It's weird that they are saying it's a 1 on 1 fight for 5 Flag Wake and not about 5 Flag Sharqi..which REALLY felt 1 on 1.

Karkand..kinda sucks that the out of bounds area contains that bridge by the train tracks. Sooo many good fights went down on that bridge back in BF2.

Oman...similar to my feelings with Karkand, there are only two coastline flags..the one they did not include is the one all the way to the left if you are looking out from the aircraft carrier. I used to always get a raft and just creep over to that flag because no one ever seemed to care about it and no one ever guarded the river. The city area of this map is incredible.

Question:

Are the new maps Assault Conquest only? I did a straight quick match and while it still says "Conquest", each time I entered a new map it was Assault Conquest. I checked in the Server Browser and it only has a toggle for "Conquest" as well.

I don't like Assault Conquest for 24 players. If you are on the side with all the flags there is no sense of deployment. I played with strangers and found myself spawning solo each time because there are too many spawn options.

Dina

It was changed, friend. Just a few minutes ago. Terrible news! :p

I've waited years for TOR, but at the same time, BF3 is my most bestest game evar. I dunno, first world problems.

You have a source for this news?

nevermind, just got this news: Early Game Access* will begin on December 13th at 7:00AM EST, 2011 and ends on December 19th, 2011 at 10:01PM EST. During this time, we will be emailing invitations to join Early Game Access based on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Pre-load the game client now, so you're ready to play when your Early Game Access invitation arrives. Note that download time can vary and may take awhile.

EVIL

Just messed around on the new maps...(Assault) Conquest

3 Flag Wake definitely feels weird. First thing I did was get a jeep and drive towards the tip of the island and found out (in 10 seconds) that is now out of bounds!!. I understand the change and will just have to get used to it.

It's weird that they are saying it's a 1 on 1 fight for 5 Flag Wake and not about 5 Flag Sharqi..which REALLY felt 1 on 1.

Karkand..kinda sucks that the out of bounds area contains that bridge by the train tracks. Sooo many good fights went down on that bridge back in BF2.

Oman...similar to my feelings with Karkand, there are only two coastline flags..the one they did not include is the one all the way to the left if you are looking out from the aircraft carrier. I used to always get a raft and just creep over to that flag because no one ever seemed to care about it and no one ever guarded the river. The city area of this map is incredible.

Question:

Are the new maps Assault Conquest only? I did a straight quick match and while it still says "Conquest", each time I entered a new map it was Assault Conquest. I checked in the Server Browser and it only has a toggle for "Conquest" as well.

I don't like Assault Conquest for 24 players. If you are on the side with all the flags there is no sense of deployment. I played with strangers and found myself spawning solo each time because there are too many spawn options.
Why didn't you buy it for PC?
MUCH better experience imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom