• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Spl1nter

And a few minutes later its already at 30.

I think the ticket count should be increased slightly. The number of people that are lost between rounds is part of the issue with maintaining player count on the alpha server. Pretty evident when looking at the Bravo server being able to maintain a large player count for an extended time.

I would say 167% is a good number. Gives 500 ticket rounds which should last 20-25 minutes. May have to change that number for B2K.

Nekrono

Had to quit for lunch, I'll be back in a few minutes.

Good to see the server full, now we just need more gaffers in it! also have them join mumble(even if you can't talk)

achapel

Yes EOReality servers crashed.

They didn't crash, in fact I submitted a ticked to them, and they said they saw it happen and other RSPs had it happen to them, it appeared to be a hiccup on Dices end, like their server manager server crashed or dropped everyone.

JackEtc

So I just went to go and connect to Mumble, and all I see is "Root" and I'm the only one connected to it. The message is "Welcome message: Welcome! This server powered by eoreality.net".

What am I doing wrong?

Spl1nter

So I just went to go and connect to Mumble, and all I see is "Root" and I'm the only one connected to it. The message is "Welcome message: Welcome! This server powered by eoreality.net".

What am I doing wrong?

Check that you have the correct mumble info. May be connecting to another server

JackEtc

LOL so we had 4 tickets left, the other team had 260....we came back to win it
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I got it all recorded, too.

Keep meaning to swing by more, but one of the rl friends I'm generally in a party with keeps getting disconnected from the GAF servers more than others.

I hate his new computer.

JackEtc

I will need to see that. I mean, how many people were playing, that other team couldn't get 4 kills? That just doesn't seem right...

It wasn't many, by the end of it it was like 4v2.

All of it? Some horribly embarassing moments for me there. Was it Fodder who tricked me into trying to switch teams at the end, and stole one of our last precious tickets? :D
Going from 4-260 to 1-0 was pretty effin' epic, however.
It was a lot of fun running around hiding from helicopters. I went to recapture a flag at one point and almost got picked off by someone hiding in a building but jumped on em and killed them.

I have the recording from when we had 4 tickets left, but there's no audio. I'll find an "appropriate" backing track and upload it.

Speaking of, how many other people record in here? Maybe I (or someone else) could start a BF3 GAF youtube channel that we all know the password to that we could upload our fun/amazing battlefield moments to. Me and Scogoth had a pretty good one where I got shot down in my jet and parachuted into his helicopter.

It wasn't many, by the end of it it was like 4v2.

It was a lot of fun running around hiding from helicopters. I went to recapture a flag at one point and almost got picked off by someone hiding in a building but jumped on em and killed them.

I have the recording from when we had 4 tickets left, but there's no audio. I'll find an "appropriate" backing track and upload it.

Speaking of, how many other people record in here? Maybe I (or someone else) could start a BF3 GAF youtube channel that we all know the password to that we could upload our fun/amazing battlefield moments to. Me and Scogoth had a pretty good one where I got shot down in my jet and parachuted into his helicopter.

Not that many players, but still impressive. I am sure your blood was pumping and the adrenaline flowing at the end of that match lol. I would have given a big "Fuck yeah" with a win like that Lol.

JackEtc

Not that many players, but still impressive. I am sure your blood was pumping and the adrenaline flowing at the end of that match lol. I would have given a big "Fuck yeah" with a win like that Lol.
Yeah, I was typing/yelling IRL "AMAAAAAAAAAAAAZING" right when the match ended.

DTKT

So, why did they increase the range on the SOFLAM? Now everything is perma painted which means that its almost impossible to deal with Javelins.

One step forward, seven steps back. Cheers Dice.

Ok Anton, just PM'd you my info. Just got unbanned, sorry for the delay.

shit son i thought that daughter business was the perma for you, lol.

get in the new mumble and see if you can fix the rights for admins, and exclusive rights to the admin channel that we might use sometimes lol

scogoth

So, why did they increase the range on the SOFLAM? Now everything is perma painted which means that its almost impossible to deal with Javelins.

One step forward, seven steps back. Cheers Dice.

Because they did something to encourage teamwork for ONCE. They should increase the range of javelin to match.

Don't like it? Use ECM jammer.

Alright, here it is: NeoGAF Battlefield Moments: 270 Ticket Comeback

It's not the most thrilling thing to watch, so I sped it up (also fits the music better that way). A few tense moments, but mostly waiting around and running.

1) The game should run at that speed. It would be awesome.
2) The game shouldn't let you spawn when there's one ticket and keep it going until the winning team caps the majority of points. It would make for many more epic endings.

scogoth

Why can I not find the server, the only one I find has 0/4 slots available for play which doesn't seem right.

We have an adaptive max player size to help get the server to 64 players. The "quick match" button only places players in servers which are ranked and more than half full. So our server will go from 2/4 to 4/8 to 8/16 and so on so that we can get quick joins without having 32 people.

But its sunday night so our server (and many others) are empty. Wait till tuesday and it will be full with B2K players.

Heres the links so you can favourite them.
NeoGAF Server
NeoGAF Hardcore Server

scogoth

WELCOME BACK BF3 PLAYERS!
BACK TO KARKAND!

Time to take a break from Skyrim and join us on Tuesday December 13th for Back to Karkand! We will be hosting all the new maps on our ranked server and encourage all of you to come out. For the BF2 vets this is a trip back to the good ol' days and for newcomers its a time to discover what made the Battlefield series so legendary. Remember to add the GAF tag to your name and get mumble setup!

REMEMBER: Favourite the NeoGAF server and play as often as you can on it! Especially with low player count we need people to help seed the server so contribute to the community and play on the NeoGAF BF3 server!

LINKS

BF3 PC Community thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442227

How to setup Mumble thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065

NeoGAF Server: http://bit.ly/GAFBF3

BF3 Mumble Server IP: chi.eoreality.net:64762
Even if you don't have a mic it helps to listen on mumble!

Ferga

god i hate going into friendly fire rooms. Half my deaths are by my squad members killing me when i spawn on them thinking i'm an enemy

Raging so hard

GAF server is down. Cant connect to the mumble layer either. The HC server is still up.

I'll check EO Reality and reboot.

EDIT: Done. For some reason, the server was Stopped. Anyone do this for a reason? EOR did an R12 push at 3AM, not sure if that's related.

Also rebooted Mumble.

Doesn't look like anyone updated the map list for B2K. My day is getting started, but I'll try to take care of that soon, just need to find R12 documentation so I know the map names.

scogoth

I'll check EO Reality and reboot.

EDIT: Done. For some reason, the server was Stopped. Anyone do this for a reason? EOR did an R12 push at 3AM, not sure if that's related.

Also rebooted Mumble.

Doesn't look like anyone updated the map list for B2K. My day is getting started, but I'll try to take care of that soon, just need to find R12 documentation so I know the map names.

Get on mumble

LordCanti

Suddenly I don't feel so bad about being stuck at work for a few more hours.

I'm kind of annoyed that I had stuff to do earlier, and that I couldn't play for the five minutes it was actually up.

People that can't get into Origin: Is it telling you that your password is incorrect? That's what it's doing to me.

big_z

I'm kind of annoyed that I had stuff to do earlier, and that I couldn't play for the five minutes it was actually up.

People that can't get into Origin: Is it telling you that your password is incorrect? That's what it's doing to me.

yeah thats what im getting. just logged into my ea account to make sure it wasnt hacked.

Can't log in to TCAdmin over at EOReality, looks like EOReality is either down or EA shut them down or something?

Goddamn it we had a full server and we were doing good for 3 rounds!

demolitio

Can't log in to TCAdmin over at EOReality, looks like EOReality is either down or EA shut them down or something?

Goddamn it we had a full server and we were doing good for 3 rounds!

Yea, it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed killing the one guy who told me to STFU over discussing maps though... :D

Top Bottom