• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Spl1nter

Will be checking out and playing on that GAF server for sure tonight. Back to essays that im rushing to finish because of BF3 procrastination.

achapel

Well I've found that for less than 32 players, the large 64 player maps are harder to seed, to a point that people don't really join. Where as having the smaller versions gets people to join and helps seed it to 32, at which point you can switch over.

Also for the variable server size plugin, it is fairly simple, the only settings you should worry about are the 0-64 numbers. Where each one is the current player count and the setting is what you want the max players to be.

I have it fairly simple, at every even number I set the max to 4 above that, the odd numbers I set to the same as the previous even. So 10 players max 14, 11 players max 14, 12 players max 16. For the first few, I have it a bit different, 0-2 max 4, 3 max 6, 4 max 8, then from there it follows the previous way.

It isn't perfect, and quite frankly, not consistent to seed a server, but Ive seen enough of it to know that it has an impact.

Are you guys running a procon layer?

Also you should change the name to something similar to what I have, but of course descriptive. I will change mine (not sure to what though). Maybe I will change the default settings to hardcore or something odd.

LordCanti

Well I've found that for less than 32 players, the large 64 player maps are harder to seed, to a point that people don't really join. Where as having the smaller versions gets people to join and helps seed it to 32, at which point you can switch over.

Also for the variable server size plugin, it is fairly simple, the only settings you should worry about are the 0-64 numbers. Where each one is the current player count and the setting is what you want the max players to be.

I have it fairly simple, at every even number I set the max to 4 above that, the odd numbers I set to the same as the previous even. So 10 players max 14, 11 players max 14, 12 players max 16. For the first few, I have it a bit different, 0-2 max 4, 3 max 6, 4 max 8, then from there it follows the previous way.

It isn't perfect, and quite frankly, not consistent to seed a server, but Ive seen enough of it to know that it has an impact.

Are you guys running a procon layer?

Also you should change the name to something similar to what I have, but of course descriptive. I will change mine (not sure to what though). Maybe I will change the default settings to hardcore or something odd.

Procon layer isn't quite up yet (waiting for them to e-mail Anton the details). Same goes for mumble.

Right now I've got the plugin set to default numbers. I figured the plugin creator must have tested it (I think it's 8 until 6 players, then 16 till 12, etc). Should I change it?

Edit: How are you changing ticket counts?

achapel

Procon layer isn't quite up yet (waiting for them to e-mail Anton the details). Same goes for mumble.

Right now I've got the plugin set to default numbers. I figured the plugin creator must have tested it (I think it's 8 until 6 players, then 16 till 12, etc). Should I change it?

Edit: How are you changing ticket counts?

The default settings don't really help that well, I tried them as well. I would change them, but you don't have to follow mine.

Ticket counts are set using vars.gameModeCounter 200

Chapel, how long did it take for your Procon layer to be set up? The server was almost instant but been waiting since early morning for Procon.

achapel

Chapel, how long did it take for your Procon layer to be set up? The server was almost instant but been waiting since early morning for Procon.

I didn't have mine setup through eoreality, so I don't know how long it will take, you could submit a ticket, Ive found they are pretty fast on those.

LordCanti

To admins I PM'd about Procon: Sub accounts seem to be broken right now. It doesn't really matter for tonight since it's the other server that is filling, but be aware that the log-in credentials provided won't work right now.

Edit: Chapel ;_;

lol.gif

LordCanti

@Chapel - You know what you must do.... you must copypasta your configs, overwriting our fledgling configs, and putting me out of my misery.

Do it for the children.

I'm almost ready to finish up setting up pbbans streaming with the NeoGAF Community Server, once Canti or Anton look at their PMs and whichever one of them PMs me first the info i need then we can get that rolling.

Better to do this stuff now while the server is empty fellas.

Can the GAF admins please PM me their e-mail addresses? I'm going to add you to a permissions group in the GAF BF3 e-mail account. This way we can share the account information, discuss server changes, etc.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Apparently I suffer from lesser lag on European servers than I do Asian ones.

Yeah.

Regardless of that, I ran up 32 kills in one game with the Grenade Launcher. Operation Metro. Just aim up the escalator into the corner and let rip. Any decent support guy will keep you knee-deep in ammo supplies. Got some mad MW2 flashbacks of toobin' with Scavenger. Good times.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Spawn camping alleyway. Feels good man. Managed to rile up a guy hard enough to fire at my corpse whilst teabagging. *trollface*

So I've put up NeoGAF's Application to Stream PBBans on our server. The application can be seen here, it'll take between 24/48 hours from the time of this post before the application goes through if we are accepted (which we should be).

It's basically a network of 3rd party community driven ban lists based on evidence from screenshots and whatnot. It will work by blocking known hackers on the Master Banlist from playing on our BF3 Community Server, while actively taking random screenshots to detect hackers.

Good News Everyone! Application went through faster than usual!

The GAF BF3 Community Server is now certified to Stream to PBBans, which is a community driven amalgam of different community banlists derived from screenshots and proof of hackers in all Punkbuster enable games, which is separate from Evenbalance and their public/popular Punkbuster Ban-List.

a

What does this mean for you? Short Version: No Hackers
Long Version: You won't be seeing any hackers (past or present) who have been caught by the wide net of the Internal PBBans Bans-Lists and multiple External Ban-Lists. All at no cost to server performance.

With that said, come join us on the PC-BF3 Server available to you guys! We try just about every night to populate them but we can only do so much without the rest of you!

Current list of PC-GAF BF3 Servers (Linked to battlelog):

scogoth

What's the IP Address for the Mumble server? Don't see one in the OP.

Main neogaf one that cuban wants me on chi.eoreality.net:64739
BF3 one that we should use for our server chi.eoreality.net:64762

Anyone want to help populate the GAF server? Let me know on battlelog

Yeah, sorry, I should have made this clearer: we have a new Mumble and GAF server. Please see OP for details. I'm going to modify the OP graphic soon for direct links.

Alright Admins, if you want to have input on discussion for the scripts we want to run on the server, please PM me your email...gonna start a round of discussions tonight/tomorrow.

Menelaus
Kyaw
derFeef
Legato.Reborn-
Cuban Legend
Spl1nter
Norua
fin
Lord Canti
achapel
scogoth

I need emails for anyone not struck through, if you want to have input.

Top Bottom