• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
First time playing in a couple weeks. God damn Karkand is fun, brings back all sorts of memories.

Edit: For some reason I can't see my own ping. Is this some sort of fixable bug or is it a server issue?

LordCanti

First time playing in a couple weeks. God damn Karkand is fun, brings back all sorts of memories.

Edit: For some reason I can't see my own ping. Is this some sort of fixable bug or is it a server issue?

It's not a bug. It's designed that way for some crazy ass reason.

(Will be playing again tonight after Thursday Night Football, if anyone is still going to be awake)

Pennybags

It's not a bug. It's designed that way for some crazy ass reason.

(Will be playing again tonight after Thursday Night Football, if anyone is still going to be awake)

Not playing right now, but I'm still connected to Mumble.

Maybe the server will pop up a little bit. I took my break after it was at 16 players.

Edit: Apparently at 37 now.

LordCanti

Runs better than ever for me...are you talking about server crashes?

I get crashes when trying to load a new round, as well as some random crashes in game (disconnected from EA errors sometimes account for those, and sometimes not).

I think it's fair to say that they've introduced as many new bugs as they've squashed.

(The bigger problem is the lack of anyone playing. We had two or three fantastic days where the server was full, and now we're back to no one playing the thing =/)

3:30 est Full server and no gaffers on. What the hell happened and how do we do it again?

we didnt do shit. I checked it on BAttlelog sand no gaffers more than 2 at a time were on ther all day. Shit is magic son.

It's packed now, so come on in and get your game on!

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yea, Anton you kept getting in, then d/ced. Oh well, maybe tommorrow.

I started using the Pecheneg at the advice of people here, vs my old 249 and its nice but it recoils like crazy. Once I get a grip and supressor maybe it will be better. Are the B2K unlockable LMGs any good? The G36 I think, the second unlock looks nice.

Yea, Anton you kept getting in, then d/ced. Oh well, maybe tommorrow.

I started using the Pecheneg at the advice of people here, vs my old 249 and its nice but it recoils like crazy. Once I get a grip and supressor maybe it will be better. Are the B2K unlockable LMGs any good? The G36 I think, the second unlock looks nice.

Yeah, sucked :-\

I've also been trying the PKP based on GAF feedback, but so far it isn't feeling some some OP super weapon. Feels like it has a lot of recoil.

So far I have the FAMAS, G53, and QBB-95 unlocked. They're pretty decent. FAMAS has a disgusting ROF, but you have recoil to control or else the shots won't hit anything. G53 is very similar to the G36--I wouldn't say it's one of the best Carbines or anything, but it's fun to use and it looks great, haha. I'm liking the QBB-95 for Support, but I haven't unlocked all the LMG's to compare it to yet, either.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yea, the LMG that comes after the QBB is the one I was thinking of, the MG36. I dont have it yet, but the QBB is pretty decent. I guess I'll mess with the Pecheneg some more, but so far I am unimpressed over the 249.

I like the idea of assignments, I wish they would extend it to the vanilla game with some of the gadgets and sidearms, rather than slog through the leveling system.

Yea, the LMG that comes after the QBB is the one I was thinking of, the MG36. I dont have it yet, but the QBB is pretty decent. I guess I'll mess with the Pecheneg some more, but so far I am unimpressed over the 249.

I like the idea of assignments, I wish they would extend it to the vanilla game with some of the gadgets and sidearms, rather than slog through the leveling system.

I was really hoping the assignments would be like the dynamic combat missions in Section 8: Prejudice or Homefront. You are assigned (or select) specific, dynamic missions ("Kill Player A" "Destroy AA tank" "Hold Airfield for 5 minutes" "Destroy MBT with C4") that are available during the round (dynamically generated based on the flow of the battle/needs of your team) and they would net you bonus points throughout the match. Homefront did this decently, Section 8 did it perfectly.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Section 8 really did do this well. I never did play Homefront. I think Resistance did this as well a little bit. That's not what I envisioned when they announced it for BF3, but its something I suggested a long time ago.

I dont know why games don't do this more often. Put a bounty on a player dynamically for kill streaks or whatever. Or even for objectives. Rather than allow a squad leader to assign a point to attack/defend, create an automatic overall dynamic system based on what's going on nearby. Heal these people, revive a group, supress, take out a tank, defend, attack, take a point, resupply, mine this area, clear those mines, use a SOFLAM, or a UAV.

There are so many things that can be done in this game without even killing that I think they need to encourage it more with incentives and direction. Particularly for newer players who ca be overwhelmed. And they can be great ways to get points without being forced to kill, kill all the time.

I guess they could also bring back commander mode with an overall battlefield general to direct and point to stuff, but thats a whole another thing.

Norua

Banned
Anyone up for some games tonight? Will be my last chance to play for about two weeks, leaving town for Christmas/New Years.

I am playing today but your tonight is my morning and I have to get up early for work so I don't know if we'll see each other.
Damn, with you, splinter and scogoth gone till the first week of january, i'm going to be playing with a lot of randoms.

Anyone up for some games tonight? Will be my last chance to play for about two weeks, leaving town for Christmas/New Years.

question, how long do we have a subscription with EoReality? I'm just hoping it doesn't expire while you're gone lol.

They have been really good with support and we've had max about 1 server crash a day around 3-5 am usually, which is a nice alternative to crashing every other game like with Multiplay.

question, how long do we have a subscription with EoReality? I'm just hoping it doesn't expire while you're gone lol.

They have been really good with support and we've had max about 1 server crash a day around 3-5 am usually, which is a nice alternative to crashing every other game like with Multiplay.

We got six months, son.

scogoth

^^^^ so to change that....
yes double post, deal with it

December 27th
Happy Holidays and welcome newcomers who got BF3 Christmas! As many of us are busy this time of year (myself included) we haven't had too many people playing. Before the new year we are hosting a end of year game night on Friday Dec 30th starting at 8PM EST. Come out and join us on mumble for one last night of fun before partying for New years! I don't think many of us will be online Jan 1st ;) not in the morning at least.

NeoGAF Server: http://bit.ly/GAFBF3

BF3 Mumble Server IP: chi.eoreality.net:64762
Even if you don't have a mic it helps to listen on mumble!

demolitio

Hey, do you guys think a 6850 would be a decent upgrade over a 5770 for BF3? I've been planning on getting a 6870 when a deal pops up and I just saw this 6850 for $100 after rebate. But would the extra 40 bucks be worth the upgrade to a 6870? I'd like to have a little AA in games for a change.

I'm trying to balance being broke but still getting a good upgrade that can last to replace this card so I can finally play for a decent amount of time before it craps out. Luckily Christmas money has given me an opportunity to solve it. Funny that once I upgrade though, I'd have little to spend on games so it's a catch 22 of sorts. :D

I figured I'd post in this thread instead of the new PC thread since it's specifically for BF3 basically.

After I get this over with, I won't ask for any tech help again so don't worry. I'm only asking in here since I couldn't get a response on Steam and I don't want to miss a deal again like I did the last time.

LordCanti

If I'm around tonight, I'll play a few rounds with you guys!

Same here. If not, I should be hung over (and have nothing better to do) on New Years day, so I'll probably play some then.

Just finished putting 20-30 hours into Skyrimward Sword, so I need a change of pace.

Update: Can't play tonight =/ No one on anyway, but I'm sorry that I have to add to that problem.

JackEtc

Just got a flightstick as a Christmas present from family, and DAMN it's hard to get used to. I've been trying, but it's been going rough.

LordCanti

I think your first step should be to play. Than we can progress to playing late.

I think that is step one for all of us. Any time I check on the server, it's empty. I can't say that I've got the free time to sit in there and hope for people to join either, so it's kind of a situation where I don't play the game because of it.

scogoth

I think that is step one for all of us. Any time I check on the server, it's empty. I can't say that I've got the free time to sit in there and hope for people to join either, so it's kind of a situation where I don't play the game because of it.

I've tried seeding it several time but only getting to about 9-10 players before it empties again

Fucking shit. Play fine last night when no one else is on, but can't stay connected for more than 5 mins now.

Might try again later tonight. Gonna call my ISP tomorrow.

LordCanti

Fucking shit. Play fine last night when no one else is on, but can't stay connected for more than 5 mins now.

Might try again later tonight. Gonna call my ISP tomorrow.

Are people actually on? I can't play right now unfortunately =/

I still say your problem is likely just a crappy router/modem. Switching it for another should probably fix your issues. Your ISP should do this for free, unless they are complete dicks.

Are people actually on? I can't play right now unfortunately =/

I still say your problem is likely just a crappy router/modem. Switching it for another should probably fix your issues. Your ISP should do this for free, unless they are complete dicks.

I would think it's the modem, too, but BF3 is the only game this happens on. Still a possibility. Gonna give them a call while I have the game up/attempt to join games, hopefully they can pinpoint something.

Top Bottom