• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

LordCanti

I can do pretty much any night of the week (generally after 10pm central) except most Friday's and Saturday's.

The only bad thing about a schedule is that it takes an hour or two to get the server filled once seeding has begun. That's all the free time some people have =/ and it sucks to make them spend some of it trying to get the server full. In that case, do we just meet up and go to a server that is already populated, essentially abandoning the server most of us donated to keep up?

Norua

Banned
Sco > Norma, huh ? I saved your life a hundred times and you don't remember my name ? So that's what Splinter was talking about, I can see your real side now.

Anyway, Scogoth is right about having a GAF night where everybody join. But we can't abandon the idea after one try because only 12 people showed up. We have do to it weekly till the end of time for this thing to work.
We can't really do them on the week end since people do other things. Any day of the week would do for me.

scogoth

Sco > Norma, huh ? I saved your life a hundred times and you don't remember my name ? So that's what Splinter was talking about, I can see your real side now.

Anyway, Scogoth is right about having a GAF night where everybody join. But we can't abandon the idea after one try because only 12 people showed up. We have do to it weekly till the end of time for this thing to work.
We can't really do them on the week end since people do other things. Any day of the week would do for me.

Lol sorry I was on my iPad and it auto corrected.

Got a lotta shit to do today, but might be on later. Was gonna idle in a SQDM server to see if I can get those wins without doing any work, but will help seed GAF if others are on.

Man, we really roll pub ie servers when we squad up. Good games yesterday.

It's a shame the GAF server is never populated. Every time I jump on there's only 6-8 people on.

Menelaus

Banned
FYI - Meetup is happening TONIGHT. Invite your friends!

KVwlz.jpg

LordCanti

I'll probably hop on a little bit earlier to help seed the server. Won't actually play till around 9 eastern though, or maybe a bit later. Hopefully the server will be populated by the time I actually get to play.

Spl1nter

I'll probably hop on a little bit earlier to help seed the server. Won't actually play till around 9 eastern though, or maybe a bit later. Hopefully the server will be populated by the time I actually get to play.

I think the plan will be to roll pub servers until we have 12-15 people. Than to transfer over to GAF server. 12-15 people is the magic number needed to get a server filled.

JackEtc

Hopefully I'll be there tonight. Excited!

My flying is gonna be horrible tonight, gotta break in this flight stick.

EDIT: Looks like I won't actually be able to play tonight, but I forgot I have to wake up early tomorrow for school. Sorry guys, I was looking forward to it =(

Menelaus

Banned
Let's do this, guys! IT BEGINS.

FYI - Meetup is happening TONIGHT. Invite your friends!

KVwlz.jpg

NeoGAF Community Mumble Server IP: chi.eoreality.net:64762

Yeah, just stopped.

GG's...shame we couldn't get the server seeded :-\ Wonder if we need to update some of those Procon plugins, the balancer was whack.

Once we all got on a pubbie, THERE WAS NO STOPPING US. Got some video, will post them this week.

I like community night--keeps me from being harassed all week by certain gaffers.

LordCanti

Thanks for the games tonight guys. Damn computer blue screened a few minutes ago in the middle of a round (only time it ever happens is during BF3. I can play any other game imaginable just fine, but BF3 blows it's mind).

Sorry for not talking or listening if anyone talked to me, guys. I literally turned off my speakers, put down the headset and was talking on the phone to a friend the ENTIRE time I was playing.

I did pretty good considering that, right?

Also: LOL @ Anton. Please post that video where I blew the fuck out of you guys with my C4. I know you got that on video. I was going crazy with the C4.

Every night is supposed to be community night for you.

I think we need to find some real quality servers because with 8-12 gaffers it just becomes a pub stomp.

I think we should change the server name to 'if you can beat GAF-clan, we'll paypal you $100'. See who dares to take up that challenge.

Menelaus

Banned
Sorry I missed most of the action. Wife had been gone house sitting since Thursday, had to put in some face time.

I'm a little suspicious that our scripts aren't quite working as intended. Never had this much trouble filling the server up. Used to be you'd hit 8 or 12 people and folks would flood in. Unfortunately, looks like we might need to leave Karkand maps out of the rotation.

Facism

Just hijacked the same pair of Viper pilots with the USAS and frag rounds, 3 times in a round.

They hover low to cap a flag, i spam frag at the cockpits and the chopper gently falls to the earth, along with their corpses, as a present for my cheekiness. They raged so much after the 3rd takedown i just flew the chopper and hid it behind our aircraft carrier for the rest of the round. Pop up, lock on to jets, missiles away, back down.

Every night is supposed to be community night for you.

I think we need to find some real quality servers because with 8-12 gaffers it just becomes a pub stomp.

Agreed--I was kinda surprised we wrecked on that IO server, usually good competition there when I've played.

Also: LOL @ Anton. Please post that video where I blew the fuck out of you guys with my C4. I know you got that on video. I was going crazy with the C4.

I actually think I didn't get it :(

The rounds on the GAF server were pretty boring and without much communication, so I don't think I started recording until Wake Island (last round we played on GAF). I'll doublecheck though.

Can't say I'm sorry about losing proof of that humiliation though.
lol.gif

So can we start using the new GAF mumble server? We migrated back to the old one recently, for some reason. Is there any reason why?

I'm also gonna check on our plugins, I'm sure they need to be updated by now.

Spl1nter

So can we start using the new GAF mumble server? We migrated back to the old one recently, for some reason. Is there any reason why?

I'm also gonna check on our plugins, I'm sure they need to be updated by now.

Whatever you want to chief. However, you have to lead by example.

Top Bottom