• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Heppell said:
I presume most people here are preordering it on origin? Origin the best place to buy it from?

It's the only place I know of that offers 48 hours early Beta access as well as the physical warfare pack.

Heppell

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
$207.25!!! Two months of GAF sexy server time!

I'm gonna play with some polls on the blog, just for fun for now. We'll probably get some formal polls going for some server decisions later on.

What type of server are you having its a bit steep for $100 for a month or are you planning to have more than 1 server?

Menelaus

Banned
Obligatory Menelaus drunk Friday night post: I love you guys and am super proud that we fronted 2 months in 24 hours.

Menelaus said:
Obligatory Menelaus drunk Friday night post: I love you guys and am super proud that we fronted 2 months in 24 hours.

Don't be drunk on Fridays when we're all playing or we'll turn FF on and TK you. ;)

Menelaus

Banned
Giriath_89 said:
Don't be drunk on Fridays when we're all playing or we'll turn FF on and TK you. ;)
I'm the one that suggested FF Fridays! I TK with the best of them, don't doubt my prowess!

LordCanti

Heppell said:
What type of server are you having its a bit steep for $100 for a month or are you planning to have more than 1 server?

64 man conquest. It's steep, but it's what everyone is charging right now.

Giriath_89 said:
He never responds to your questions, does he?
Yeah, dude. Never even spammed him with stupid questions or anything about the beta, just asked for clarification on previous statements.

Anyway, I think once BF3, or even the beta, is released, we'll get enough for three months. We already have two months in the bag.

Mr. Snrub said:
Anyway, I think once BF3, or even the beta, is released, we'll get enough for three months. We already have two months in the bag.

People should definitely get more enthusiastic about donating when the game and the server gets going.

LordCanti

I'm now officially 100% a BF3 PC player....launch day 360 just RROD'd.

Gat'Damnit

On the bright side, I don't need to double dip now.

Edit: Five manual reboots later...and it's not RROD'ing anymore...

Still not going to buy any new games for this thing though. What a POS design.

Kyaw

No TK please.

It will suck so bad getting killed while fixing a moving tank or similar stuff.
It's just not fun.

LordCanti

Kyaw said:
No TK please.

It will suck so bad getting killed while fixing a moving tank or similar stuff.
It's just not fun.

I agree. I've been running behind a tank fixing it, when the tank suddenly goes into reverse and runs me over way too many times in BC2. If FF had been on, that would have royally sucked.

It sounds like we're going to have a few different variables to play with in terms of the maps. All of them will support 64 player conquest apparently, and there will also be night versions (of all maps, hopefully). We'll have to set up a rotation that nicely mixes daytime maps with nighttime maps.

We can have a mix. I'd say we'd probably have a standard 64 player conquest, ff off for most days. Don't forget that we'll be able to adjust ticket count and bleed rate, respawn rate, etc.

LordCanti

Mr. Snrub said:
We can have a mix. I'd say we'd probably have a standard 64 player conquest, ff off for most days. Don't forget that we'll be able to adjust ticket count and bleed rate, respawn rate, etc.

Is that confirmed? DICE made it sound like public servers would be locked down a bit compared to BC2 I thought.

I agree though. FF off most of the time. I'd probably start us off with the default ticket count and respawn rate as well if we have control over those.

I kind of hate those servers where respawn is instant, and there are so many tickets that you're stuck on the map for hours.

Kyaw

• No Teamkilling
  • No Base Raping
  • Night maps of selected maps or all maps. (4 day maps, 5 night maps and vice versa for each day/week)
  • 64 player Conquest and Rush for selected days of the week
  • 8 seconds respawn rate
  • 500 tickets

I guess we'll see what works best when we have played for a while.

Some players may not have Back to Karkand I guess, but fuck them. :)

LordCanti

Giriath_89 said:
I guess we'll see what works best when we have played for a while.

Some players may not have Back to Karkand I guess, but fuck them. :)

LOL.

I think it goes without saying that Karkand will be in rotation as soon as it's out. I wouldn't be surprised if that is all we play for days.

LordCanti said:
LOL.

I think it goes without saying that Karkand will be in rotation as soon as it's out. I wouldn't be surprised if that is all we play for days.

Bahahaha, yes, we WILL have B2K in regular rotation.

I'd be very surprised/disappointed if they didn't have ticket control in servers. Once we find out detailed server control, we can plan some weekly/monthly special events.

Pennybags

Tallshortman said:
Doubtful though I guess it is entirely possible if they add in new weapons.

Thought it was mentioned that the Karkand weapons carry into the game proper.

Edit: Found it.

Battlefield Blog - Going Back to Karkand #1 said:
This is no simple map pack. Back to Karkand will also include iconic Battlefield 2 vehicles, weapons to bring back to the base game, new unlocks and persistence, and more content that we will talk about later.

ChiefKief

Banned
So I gots to thinking about server names..

"GAF 64Player Ragefest of Epic Destruction 3.0"

"GAF Virtual Reality Neighborhood"

"GAF Free or Die Hard"

"GAF 100% UNLOCKZ LOL"

Ehhh? ;)

Menelaus

Banned
Just FYI, the poll isn't votable on the blog. Even when signed in with Blogger creds, says you have to be logged in to vote.

Menelaus said:
Just FYI, the poll isn't votable on the blog. Even when signed in with Blogger creds, says you have to be logged in to vote.

Crud, thanks, I'll look into it.

I'd like a poll that can't be spammed, I'll look around. Not that honorable gaffers would do that or anything.

Menelaus

Banned
Also, I made this because I was bored =P Poor Cuban didn't make Gold Squad.

9urhx4.jpg

LordCanti

Menelaus said:

What am I doing in this screenshot? Ducking for cover?

For the sake of my pride, I'm going to assume that I just chucked like ten grenades towards the enemy, and I'm shielding my head from the blast.

Menelaus said:

http://i.imgur.com/1GRk1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I've been sick from downing a mountain dew gamefuel 2-liter sealed since '07... so It took me a while to get the donation in today lol.

Nice pic though. jejeje

LordCanti

Menelaus said:
Canti just heard that that running at 60fps requires Tri-SLI 580s, and is obviously going through the motions.

If you mean the screenshot, then that is as good a reason as any for me to be head in hand, crouched down in front of multiple enemies.

If you mean in real life....

I don't even want to think of all the hand jobs I'd need to give in order to make enough money for two more 580's and a PSU to run them.

That would be a lot of hand jobs...

I'd sell my blood but...well...after what happened last week, I never want blood taken out of my body ever again.

LordCanti

Mr. Snrub said:
20 total contributors so far with about $245 raised.

I was worried about paying for one month, and it looks like we'll get to three before the game even comes out. Incredible.

JackEtc

I'll also be donating as soon as I have enough money to. I just got a job a few weeks ago and haven't got my first paycheck yet. It (the paycheck) won't be much, so after I save up a few to afford a new GPU and the actual game, I'll be throwing some money toward the GAF server.

Also, my name is on the TBD list still, I'm East Coast - MD.

Got this from i3D this morning:

i3D.net is offering a special pre-order package for Battlefield 3 game servers until game launch. The Battlefield 3 i3D pre-order package is available for limited time! As alpha game server provider for EA's Battlefield 3, we are privileged to offer the Battlefield 3 game servers.

The i3D.net Battlefield 3 game server pre-order package starts with a 16 to 64 slot ranked Battlefield 3 public game server, to be online on launch day.

As Battlefield 3 is heavily supported with clan features, i3D.net adds as only provider worldwide, a free 16 slot private Battlefield 3 game server with every public server ordered. Your community enjoys the ranked public server, while your teams enjoy the flexibility of hosting matches 24x7. We also add a free Teamspeak 3 10 slot voice server for optimal communication.
For your community website, we also add 12 month webhosting XL with free .com/net/.org/.nl domain name. No advertisements, no branding, it will be your domain.

To summarize i3D.net's Battlefield 3 package:
- Battlefield 3 Official Ranked game server 16 to 64 players
- FREE: Battlefield 3 16 slot private game server
- FREE: Teamspeak 3 10 slot public voice server
- FREE: Webhosting with .com/.net/.org/.nl domain name
- Included: Access to BF3CC, i3D.net co-created
- Included: Access to PB screenshots and log files

Order and availability at http://www.i3d.net/battlefield-3-ranked-game-servers.php

The pre-order package is available until September 18th. The BF3 private clanserver, Teamspeak 3 server and website will be offered for the full duration of your BF3 Official Ranked server term. Minimal pre-order package term is 3 months.

Less than two weeks. Any new thoughts/opinions on server options?

Top Bottom