• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Xbox 360 GamerTag, Friends of Friends & Battalion Thread

read the entire OP. yes, all of it. it's not that long...

Add the GAF BF3 Gamertag to your friends list!
and PM me if you do, i used to check that thing every to authorize people, but not any more.

Also, don't forget to post your GamerTag in this thread
How else will we be able to weed out the lurkers on GAF BF3!?

Now you have a powerful tool to find and play with other GAF players!!!

Here's How:
Pull up the Xbox Guide Menu and go to your friends list.
Scroll to the GAF BF3 Gamertag and view the Profile.
On the Profile screen, navigate to the Personal Profile.
Select the View Friends option.

You should now see a list of everyone else that has added GAF BF3 to their friends list and what they're doing on Xbox Live!

From here, you can view their profiles and ask for invites or even use a special technique to join their game!

The Special Technique:
There are several variations to this, but this one works reliably for me.
Look at the icons to see if the person is actually joinable.
View the profile of the person you want to join.
Scroll to the Compare Games option and select it.
When the icons populate in the compare games screen, press B to go back.
The Join Sesson In Progress option should now be available.
JOIN THEM!!!

So, yeah, I guess the tag was easy to guess as a few Gaffers sent requests before i even made the thread!

NeoGAF Xbox 360 Platoon <- Should there be multiple, you know, US, Europe, etc... ???

YOU HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME BEFORE ORIGIN LETS YOU LOG IN!

RotBot said:

map bundle: http://www.mediafire.com/?sj7zpqgycstv8uq

Hey Microsoft, you should up that friends list limit from 100 someday!

- faceless360

P.S. Game Discussion goes in there

Hi, my name is Darkshier, gamertag Old Gimlet Eyes. I like romantic candle lit dinners, long walks on the beach, AND BLOWING SHIT THE FUCK UP!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Daigoro

sweet. im in. Daigoro is my GT.

sounds like the 360 servers are shit right now though (big surprise), we'll see if they're up by morning.

thanks Faceless.

Darkshier said:
Hi, my name is Darkshier, gamertag Old Gimlet Eyes. I like romantic candle lit dinners, long walks on the beach, AND BLOWING SHIT THE FUCK UP!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

awesome GT.

Daigoro said:

sounds like the 360 servers are shit right now though (big surprise), we'll see if they're up by morning.

thanks Faceless.
i wouldn't be surprised, even the BC2 servers were lagging 30 mins ago!

Daigoro

The Faceless Master said:
i wouldn't be surprised, even the BC2 servers were lagging 30 mins ago!

yeah typical launch day Dice baloney. oh well. i have a long weekend coming up!

and yeah we need a bump in the 100 friends allotment already. shit is getting old.

Marvie_3

Banned
Daigoro said:

thanks Faceless.

awesome GT.
I thought the 360 servers weren't up until 12am PST?

TKRunningRiot

Neo Member
Installing the game to HDD, then HD textures, then I'm ready to fuck shit up!!! I was mostly a conquest player on BC/BC2, but beta turned me on to rush, so I'm down for either mode.

I have a huge test on Saturday. After that I should be playing ever night. I used to play with BC2 GAF a lot, so I am back guys!

Send me friend requests and add me to the tag!

TheInquistor

Edit: Is there support for clan tags? Are we just going to go with [GAF] or what is the plan? Do we eventually want to play some clan matches?

Edit2: Ah I see we have a platoon. I guess I can't log in until I register my game. I may be on a little later tonight after I give up studying for the night.

Gui_PT said:
Might end up getting this

Monolith Gui

Btw

I cant log in for some reason. I logged in fine in the beta. What am I doing wrong? I assume I have to play the game first. Is that it?(derp)
i couldn't log in until i played the game. same thing happened with the beta IIRC...

Awesome Animals said:
How do Platoons work? Will we all be able to join one Platoon, or will we need multiple ones?
you could join up to 3 in the beta. how do they work? i dunno yet!

Top Bottom